The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

EVERLY BRO on JIMMY DEAN show7782

oldrosie private msg quote post Address this user
WHAT a thrill to see old tv shows on TV yes- I watched the EVERLY BROTHERS on JIMMY DEAN show few weeks ago now, don't get
excited but it was an old but really old rerun

Still enjoyed it didn't catch the date of theorginal show but it still gave you that thrill
Post 1 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Wish we could have seen it hers Rosie.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Here in the US we have a few TV channels devoted solely to old programs. I have seen the Everly Brothers on Ed Sullivan a few times now in the show's entirety. It's a lot of fun seeing those shows.
Post 3 IP   flag post
oldrosie private msg quote post Address this user
@Redhead1966 yes it is fun and here on sunday nights they have TJE JOHNNY CASH SHOW and this coming sun night they will have don and phil fun fun fun been seeing a lot that I missed seeing all here in usa
Post 4 IP   flag post
Gosh almost on a plane to the US to see. Our channels here can be viewed abroad, so why can't we see yours. If it's possible please tell - oh so would love to see.

Please tell us about it after the weekend. Oh so envious. Xxx
Post 5 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
The Everly Brothers singing Kentucky on the Jimmy Dean show in 1966 is on you tube. I tried to do clickable text but it wouldn’t work for me. They look and sound wonderful. Don is mesmerising. ❤️
Post 6 IP   flag post
I've watch the boys sing Kentucky live and have actually sat at their feet on one occasion when they did it, I've seen them on the video of Songs of Innocence and the Australian Shows of the early 70's but never the Jimmy Dean Show. If you can post that would be magic.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Marty private msg quote post Address this user
https://youtu.be/LWuW-hrtSp0

Not sure if this will work.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Works for me here in the US. My they look really handsome!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Marty private msg quote post Address this user
They do. And they sound great too. I love when they look at one another to make sure they get it just right. Did they ever NOT Teri it just right? I don’t think so.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Marty, yes it works here in the UK. Loved watching it, thanks for posting. 🤩
Post 11 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty
https://youtu.be/LWuW-hrtSp0

Not sure if this will work.

Thank you Marty. I tried to post the clip on here earlier but it just wouldn’t work for me. I seem to have lost the know how😀😀xx
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thank you Marty that's wonderful I've never seen that clip before and it's great. Thanks again. As Red says so handsome.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Marty, that's wonderful.
I love this version too, simple with just Don playing with all the Everly family round them.

Post 14 IP   flag post
My husand many years ago watching the boys commented to me on Phil's mike technique ie Phil would sing his heart out at the top if his voice but would move away and closer to the mike as and when appropriate. It is visable here when you see how Phil is over a way to the left of the mike.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Such a refreshing change from some of the singers of today, who practically eat the mike.
Post 16 IP   flag post
53641 16 16
destitute