The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

3 songs from Both Sides Of An Evening7781

LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user

Had to have the last one for our Gal Sal here..!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for this, LizzieB.
Wondering whether you know who drew the stunningly accurate caricature shown in When I Grow Too Old To Dream at about 1.55?
Post 2 IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
ha ha ha thanks LizzieB.. youre a pal to your pal Sal!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Loved Both Sides of an Evening, but not as much as I'ts Everly Time or Instant Party, in England we didn't get Love Makes the World go Around we got Temptation instead since it had been a No 1 UK hit didn't get that. By now Yvonne Frost now Crenshaw was in the States so she sent me the US version of Instant Party, both Venetia and Jackie (back of both) are on the cover US version.

Meet Jim Cocklin and his lovely wife in mid 60's we were introduced to them by Don and dined with them they invited both Sheena and I to holiday with them at their home in LA we said but we hardly know you. Jim said nonsence any friends of Don and Phil's are friends of ours, can't believe now we never took them up on this but we were not pushy and I guess just English.

If I could have my time again there is a lot more I would do. But have no regrets to be honest.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Kathyc -

Can you post a photo of the cover with Jackie and Venetia on it?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Lizzie. I love When I grow too old to dream. I know it might sound strange but I often sing it to my little granddaughter whose just 1 when I’m putting her down for her afternoon nap that and Little Old Lady xx❤️❤️
Post 6 IP   flag post
We were told it was them but who knows. The middle pic left Jackie middle Venetia.
Post 7 IP   flag post
OK, that's what I found when I Googled the cover but I wasn't sure that was them.

Thanks!
Post 8 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
@Judyc13
The caricature was drawn by Bill Utterback (January 5, 1931 - February 8, 2010), who was an American illustrator. He worked in the design department at Playboy and was considered by many to be the most popular caricaturist living in Chicago.

Here it is in full size:

Post 9 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Hello and thank you Bobby. Nice to hear from you. Hope all is good with you xx❤️❤️
Post 10 IP   flag post
Phil looks a bit like JFK in that caricature.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
@BobbyBri Thanks so much!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Great selection, thanks Liz. sometimes the oldies are best.
Post 13 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
I have a job to listen to "When I grow too old to dream"; I find so beautiful it hurts <3
Post 14 IP   flag post
Yes agree MeFloody, just use to love the harmony and listen, now I do with tears in my eyes, guess it must be age and memories.

Just never tire of listening to all those lovely recordings.
Post 15 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
When I grow too old to dream! Just listened to it with a great big lump in my throat!! It reminds me of my parents and grand parents and all the beautiful people we lose over the years Not to mention our lovely Phil who never grew too old to dream, taken far too soon...
Post 16 IP   flag post
54365 16 16
destitute