The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user

Love this one from Phil.
Always reminds me of finally meeting up with my pen friend of 35 years , 5 years ago.
DianeG.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Jason said Phil wrote this song to Jackie. Like to think so.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Kathyc -

What year was that written? It came out in 1975 after his divorce from Jackie and he was with Patricia.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I believe he wrote it in the late 1950's. His songs weren't considered then, there was quite a lot he was a more prolific writer than Don. Incidentally he made much more money than Don ever did at song writing, because other people recorded his songs. Where Don other than very early days seemed to only write for them.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Is there somewhere we can go to see a list of the songs Phil wrote for other people that were a hit? I'd be very interested in that.

Thanks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Don't know I guess they must be there, there are several folk who do these lists. Maybe someone will give you the link. If you do get one let me see I'd be interested too. Was something I gave up on in the early 60's bought records by Pat Boone, Joe Melson and Bernie (swaltz) Ballentyne.

Believe it was in the wilderness years that the boys were apart that he wrote most.
Post 6 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I have known for a long time that Phil was a prolific song writer. If someone said they liked a song whilst he was still going through it in the studio Phil would give them it.
I know someone who may be able with stats Redhead and Kathy. I will ask.
A fantastic choice of song Lizzie, one of my favourites.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Lovely Lizzie, thank you.
Post 8 IP   flag post
oldrosie private msg quote post Address this user
@LizzieB He always had a voice that was so cool and calm/ you can listen to phil sing all day and never get tired hearing

IN todays music world, we are not seeing or hearing the new singers with so much talent as the EVERLY BRO
Post 9 IP   flag post
So agree with you Rosie.
Post 10 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Great song, sung so beautifully by Phil!! You can tell what a lovely man he was just by hearing his voice! Whoever he wrote it for, she must have been absolutely THRILLED!! If you think of Phil Everly singing that song to you....wow!! [Talking to the ladies of course!!] I too would love to see a list of all the songs Phil wrote and those Don wrote too. That would be so interesting!
Post 11 IP   flag post
52334 11 11
destitute