The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Private Video of Phil singing with a friend7777

Carole_Jeannie private msg quote post Address this user
Love it! Phil looks so much at ease & enjoying himself with his cheeky grins & eye rolls! Thanks for posting.
Post 26 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Just fantastic, Phil's voice is superb he sings with such easiness totally enjoying himself and of course the lady is too. Wonderful😍
Post 27 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Redhead! You Genius! Thank you so much for finding and sharing the video!
xxxxx
Post 28 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Love the Video, thanks Red.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Marty private msg quote post Address this user
Love the video. How nice to see Phil looking so relaxed and happy. Now who can solve the mystery of who Phil’s singing partner is?
Post 30 IP   flag post

It is the mother of the lady who posted it Marty 😍
Post 31 IP   flag post
@ChrisW yes I know. I was wondering who she is and what is her connection to Phil.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty
@ChrisW yes I know. I was wondering who she is and what is her connection to Phil.

Me too. Hope someone can name her. 😀
Post 33 IP   flag post
Post 34 IP   flag post
BarbaraAnnL private msg quote post Address this user
I just signed up to say the lovely lady in the video with Phil is Mary Lou Sheperd of the Sheperd Sisters and your comments about her daughter are mean and unfunny.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Barbara Ann Hi and welcome. I can assure you that no one on here meant to be mean or derogatory. The information we had concerning the two ladies was sketchy to say the least. The search engine for the name Britney Brooks just comes up with that one person.
Thank you for giving us the correct information regarding Mother and Daughter. Very interesting.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraAnnL
I just signed up to say the lovely lady in the video with Phil is Mary Lou Sheperd of the Sheperd Sisters and your comments about her daughter are mean and unfunny.

Thank you for telling us who that lady singing with Phil was. I have actually heard of her and the Shepherd Sisters. I am pleased someone knew😊
Post 37 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry Barbara no offence was meant people were wondering who she was so I just googled it and that is what came up. I’d not heard of Britney her mother or the Shepherd Sisters xx❤️❤️
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb
Sorry Barbara no offence was meant people were wondering who she was so I just googled it and that is what came up. I’d not heard of Britney her mother or the Shepherd Sisters xx❤️❤️

Joy, I googled the Shepherd Sisters they were real life sisters and they were on the Alan Freeds “America’s Greatest Teenage recording Stars” tour back in the late fifties along with The Everly Brothers, Buddy Holly and the Crickets, Paul Anka, Fats Domino, Jerry Lee and a lot more.
They were well known respected artists in the U.S but Not so well known in the U.K perhaps. Lucky girls to have toured with that line up and to have met Buddy Holly as well as Don and Phil. ❤️❤️
Post 39 IP   flag post
Thanks for that info Roxy. I didn't recognise her with Phil but when Barbara said who she was I had seen her name several times.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Thank you Roxy for all the info. Sorry for my fopah. I didn’t mean any offence if I could delete that post I would. obviously the wrong Britney Brooks. It’s what came up when I googled her. I have 3 daughters and would be mortified if that happened to my girls. I can’t apologise enough xx❤️❤️
Post 41 IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
@Joyb
Hi Joy.
We all know here you didn't mean any malice -
You're too sweet for that.
It's an honest mistake anyone could make just looking up the name & finding these details when we don't know the person/persons.

@BarbaraAnnL
Thanks also to BarbaraAnn for setting the record straight.
I know Joy wouldn't want to upset anyone.

Hugs to you both.
I've not been around much this week-we have been so busy with Grandchildren.
Hopefully getting back to normal now.
My hubby said to one of the boys ….
You won't be long back in school then you are off on Tattie(Scottish for potato) Holidays.
He questioned his Granda as to what that was ?
Our 6 year old Grandson thought the tatties themselves actually went on holidays!!
You do get a laugh with them.
Just thought I'd share.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Tree private msg quote post Address this user
From Moderator: Per Joy's request I deleted her initial post about Google search for her, and any referencing it. She felt terrible having accidentally offending anyone. NO one knew. Please be kind.

Thank you!!

-Tree (site admin)
Post 43 IP   flag post
BarbaraAnnL private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks. Didn’t mean to sound harsh but I was the first to share the video in a group so I felt somewhat responsible for the comments. I’m sure no harm was meant.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Tree private msg quote post Address this user
💗💗
Post 45 IP   flag post
The Shepherd Sisters are showing on this Billboard, appearing with the Everly Brothers and loads more on this tour. Phil seemed to keep in touch with so many he had come across during the Everly Brothers singing career.

Post 46 IP   flag post
Wow what a fantastic show So much talent together all on Phils Birthday xx❤️❤️
Post 47 IP   flag post
It is bittersweet looking at that poster Chris. So many of those wonderful people no longer with us or, like the days of my youth, all over and gone. ❤️
Post 48 IP   flag post
And here they are ChrisW singing the song announced on the poster.

I had never heard of them before.
Guess I was busy trying to concentrate on school work.
Four real life sisters from Ohio.
Martha, Gayle, Judith & Marylou.
Wike is great for information.
Post 49 IP   flag post
This was their biggest hit too Lizzie.
I am amazed at the big stars so low down on the billboard. Eddie Cochran and Paul Anka. But I didn't check when they became big stars!
Post 50 IP   flag post
I thought I had never heard of them either. However my memory has been jogged by this video clip and I do remember the song
from way way back. Thank you LizzieB for finding and posting. Xx
Post 51 IP   flag post
Yes I remember the song too Lizzie but I wouldn’t have been able to say who was singing it. Thank you. Unlike any of Don and Phils songs I’m sure we can all “name that tune” within the opening notes xx❤️❤️
Post 52 IP   flag post
That's a great idea Joy. A name that tune in 5 opening notes.
Need to figure how to do it though. Haha.x
Post 53 IP   flag post
Do you remember that show Spot the Tune. It was Marion Ryan mother of the Ryan twins and I think the man was Ken Platt but not sure. Xx❤️❤️
Post 54 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Yes? I remember it! xxx
Post 55 IP   flag post
53641 97 30
destitute