The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
DarrenGreenwood private msg quote post Address this user
I'm Darren. And turned 47 just over two months ago. I was recommended this site by my friend Chris. I was brought up on the Everly's music as Dad was a big fan. Mum was also a fan but preferred Phil over Don because of Phil's looks. But preferred Don for his talent (I hope that doesn't start a row? -gulps-) Anyway I lost Mum in March this year after a short battle with Cancer. And a song that I've been listening to a lot since Mum passed is "Sweet Memories" from the "Pass the Chicken and Listen" LP.

Anyway good to be here.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
DarrenGreenwood -

Welcome aboard! Let me offer my condolences on the loss of your mother. Mine also died after a short battle with cancer.

You beat me as the youngest member of the forum. I am 52.

Welcome and please post a lot. There's usually a lively back and forth on the forum.

Redhead1966
Post 2 IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
hi Darren greenwood sorry about your mum welcome aboard i lost my wife 4 years ago with cancer i think i am the older i am 71 this Wednesday
peter
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Great to have another new member Darren! So very sorry you lost your mother. I hope you will find friends and plenty to talk about with us here! None of us bite! Glad to have you on board! xxxxx
Post 4 IP   flag post
oldrosie private msg quote post Address this user
@DarrenGreenwood wELCOME TO THE SITE, And so sorry for your Mom, My has been gone for years and I still talk to her(as if she was Here)

So feel free to talk about and your different stories of the Everly brothers, or whatever is on your mind

We always love to talk about the Everly Brothers/
Post 5 IP   flag post
Carole_Jeannie private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Darren, welcome. Parents are always there for you even when they're gone - I know my dad is on my shoulder every day! Sorry Cuddles, but I beat you by 2 yrs - 73 in December. It's wonderful to read everyone's stories - hmm I feel a song coming on! "Stories We Could Tell".
Post 6 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome Darren. Nice to talk to you. So very sorry to hear about your dear mum. Your parents had good taste we are all avid fans of Don and Phil here xx❤️❤️
Post 7 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Darren and welcome to the forum. So sorry for your loss.
This site is full of “Everly” people and a lot of them have either met the Everlys or were friends with them and have many interesting stories to tell. Enjoy...as for my age? to quote Ike Everly “I quit telling my age some time ago.” 😀😀
Post 8 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Darren, you are very welcome here on Phil's Forum We try to be friendly to each other but just like your Mom, we all have our favourite brother. However the thing that brings us all together, is our love for that unique Everly harmony. I feel for your lost but I hope the songs of the Everly Brothers will bring you sweet memories ❤
Post 9 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Darren, and welcome to the forum. You'll find that it's a great place to be, swapping photos, links and all sorts of things about the Everly Brothers, both individually and together. Do stay around and enjoy the fun! 😊
Post 10 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Darren, welcome to the Forum, so sorry for the loss of your Mother.
Stay and listen lots to enjoy.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Darren, it’s good to have another ‘young un’ on here. It keeps us oldies on our toes. Sorry for your loss.

Cuddles you are definitely not the oldest - I am 75 in September and our friend Craig is of a similar age, we were both born in 1943.
Post 12 IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Darren , Sorry to hear about the loss of your Mum.

Come on in & enjoy the family Forum .
Feel free to share your love of Everlys'.
Post 13 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome Darren Your Mother had great taste in music! As 70 is the new 50 or is it 40, whatever, looks like everyone on the site is still a Spring Chicken!! You are never old with Rock 'n Roll as I think Don said at the reunion Concert!
Post 14 IP   flag post
bert private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome Darren ...your parents liked good music, that's for sure. Sorry to read about the loss of your mum. Enjoy this site and with 47 you have a lot of great musical years ahead .....Keep On Rockin'
Post 15 IP   flag post
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Nice to welcome you Darren hope you will enjoy your time with us, we're a nice bunch, and can I say your parents had excellent taste.
Post 17 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome Darren, good to see you on the forum. So much to interest you and we have quite a few guys who comment so feel free to add anything. I was sorry to hear about your mum.
Post 18 IP   flag post
annefrances private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome Darren

so sorry about the lost of your mom. A warm welcome to you!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Thank you Kathy, Chris and Anne
Post 20 IP   flag post
52337 20 20
destitute