The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
There’s a wonderful article in the May/June copy of Vintage Rock on Don and Phil entitled Keeping it in the Family. Some nice photos of them and their parents. The front cover has a young John Lennon on. Think you can order back copies xx❤️❤️
Post 1 IP   flag post
Lynn private msg quote post Address this user
How do you order copies?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Just found this you can order online at
shop.anthem-publishing.com
Or call
UK 08448560642
Overseas +44(0)1371853609.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Joy have ordered my copy and look forward to receiving it. Today is the 6th August special day, remember having to wait 4 months to see our boys on TV again, Saturday 6th August 1960 Alma Cogan Show, can't believe that's 58 years ago and every 6th August I remember it. We had to wait 5 years before they appeared again on UK TV. That is why the Everly's were so popular here we loved them and thought they were worth waiting for.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Lynn private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know how I can get a copy!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Yes I just went on line with Joy's instructions. It cost £6.99 here don't know how much they will charge for the states. Joy gave a phone number too see above.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I remember seeing them with Alma Cogan. I’m sure they did a spot on a motor bike or she was. I could be wrong though xx❤️❤️
Post 7 IP   flag post
On the first show in the April they sang with her too and had rain coats on. The second show she pretended they were there but it was clearly taped, which is what we now see from clips not the live show. I bought the dvd of her shows a few years back, unfortunate they only have August 6th show not the April one, but worth just to watch them.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Kathyc -

I recall seeing photos of Phil singing with a raincoat or overcoat on. Why was he wearing that?
Post 9 IP   flag post
They were singing a song that it went with, but I can't remember what that was probably singing in the rain? I was only 13 and was watching the two most fabulous men I had ever seen in my entire life - think my mind was so blown I couldn't take it all in. Does anyone else remember what it was. I do remember her grabbing hold of Phil's arm and he looked a little taken aback by this.
Post 10 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Must get hold of that magazine! Thanks for the tip!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Just ordered a copy Very simple on the Anthem publishing site! I look forward to receiving it soon! I usually check out these magazines just in case there is something about our boys there, but must have missed this issue so thanks to Joyb for flagging it up!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Your welcome DeeDee my brother gave it to me on Sunday. Think he spends half his time in Smiths browsing the music magazines xx❤️❤️
Post 13 IP   flag post
Just got my copy of the Vintage Rock magazine with the nice article on the Everlys so thanks for the tip about it Joy and others!
Post 14 IP   flag post
53641 14 14
destitute