The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Don and Phil: What about me7770

bert private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35tndtMrRq0
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hope this works World Wide. Have a great weekend.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Bert works fine in the UK. You have a good weekend too Enjoy the sunshine on your lovely island xx❤️❤️
Post 3 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Works in the US as well ... Thanks!
Post 4 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Bert, its so good, us retired folks include Fridays in with the weekend; well actually, the whole week is a "weekend" for me
You and your good Lady have a wonderful weekend too
Post 5 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you so much, Bert. Great sound, great song. Gerry Goffin / Carole King...famous Brill Building in NYC team(s)...AND...it sounds just like a song by Arthur Alexander the incredible singer, "You Better Move ON" on Dot Records recorded at the FAME Studios in famous Muscle Shoals, Alabama for that unique sound out of that nondescript, but unique building. A great, great, pop-bluesy sound / song /number,....Don & Phil are superb, of course, with this "sound, rhythm, song" covered by The Beatles, Bobby Vee, The Hollies and The Rolling Stones. These 6 performers are the tops! Thanks again, for all that you post and educate us with. Overcast and humid here in Philadelphia in August (what else is new!), but, I'm sure you have blue skies and white clouds. Be well.
Post 6 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Great choice. Not posted as much as other songs. Have a great weekend everyone. 82 degrees in the UK and very humid.😎
Post 7 IP   flag post
I know we are spoiled here in the Caribbean with sunshine, blue skies, white clouds and a breeze. Today it is about 90F or 32C and I just finished my daily walk through cactusland and along some "lakes" that will be dry in a week or so.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Can you swim in the lakes Bert? Or do you swim in the sea, or neither?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Only in the sea Chris, water is cristal clear and around 25C-77F and that's perfect to got out and do some snorkeling. Most "lakes" are not deep enough, normally the flamingo's are there and you're not allowed to swim or be on the water with boats etc. We have to leave them alone and avoid a close encounter.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Aww.w.w, Man, Bert!! Thanks for nothin! Ya' had to go and post that pix, huh?! (just kidding). Gorgeous! Blue skies, white clouds, warm temps, calm, serene....dang! Here I am in permanently gray dumpy Philadelphia suburbs with high humidity. You walk for two blocks and you're wet. Good for you and yours. you deserve it.

Best to you, always, Craig
Post 11 IP   flag post
What an idyllic life you live Bert. I love to swim in the sea too.
I'm jealous too Craig, The humidity and stickiness this afternoon was bad. I was wilting at work.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I can't swim, so I jump over, into, and under the 'surf' waves at Ocean City, NJ, so you kind of, sort of, can't swim in the waves, just play around, but if there are under-toe currents, I get out quickly. Had a real, fast, almost deadly experience once that had it not been for a large, powerful wave that crashed me back to shore, I was being sucked under and away very fast. Dang ocean is powerful. Thank goodness the life-guard was looking at me. Forget it. I'll stay in knee-deep with the kiddies and their rubber-ducky life-preserves as their parents hold them. Some like the water, some don't. They mainly build sand castles up on the beach. I wrap myself in a blanket on a beach chair under an umbrella and eat a cheeseburger and a vanilla milk shake and hope the fighter-bomber-seagulls don't attack. If you drop some food, or turn your head, bam!...it's swooped up and gone. These are the tough, muggar seagulls from South Philly, i think. They carry knives and blackjacks!
That's odd, Chris. Britain has been having atypical weather....yes? Sounds like a bit of a heat wave and...humidity ?? plus, you've had more snow storms than usual in the Winter....? You're getting like crazy USA weather.
Post 13 IP   flag post
We have had some extremes of weather this last year. Several snow times. Then very wet spring now the summer is very hot. The high temps have been beating long held records, some as old as 100 years old. We had rain for 2 days then back to this sizzling hot days again, one after the other with no breaks. I am much better when it is cold, sorry everyone!!
Your comment made me smile Craig but then you always do.😂
Post 14 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
The link is working fine Bert! Sounds like you live in Paradise!! I am no good in heat however and long for Autumn or Spring when its dry and bright but not too warm!! The UK is feeling pretty Caribbean at the moment with long hot, very hot days!!! Great for everyone who doesn't have to go to work but Hell on wheels for people in suits commuting!! You enjoy your lovely setting Bert and it sounds like you are fit and active again!! Good news!! Enjoyed the song!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Bert and Craig thought you might like to see a photo from my County of beautiful sunny Cornwall. Porthcurno Beach near Penzance.
Turquoise sea and white sand. We have some gorgeous sandy coves in this part of the world, but unfortunately we don’t usually have your type of weather Bert. This summer though is a humdinger!😎❤️
Post 16 IP   flag post
Stunning Roxy 😎
Post 17 IP   flag post
Beautiful scenery Been to Padstow a few times. It was lovelyxx❤️❤️
Post 18 IP   flag post
Very, very nice Roxy.

Here is a link to give y'all an impression of Bonaire, the small Dutch island in the Caribbean, next to Aruba and Curacao and close to the shore of Colombia and Venezuela.

https://www.facebook.com/Bonairetourism/videos/10156753290600312/UzpfSTEwMjkzNzc4MTc6MTAyMTM0NTEzNjI2NTE2OTg/?id=1029377817
Post 19 IP   flag post
Bert I’ve been to Bonaire 3 Times on cruises. Thought it was so pretty with the colourful houses. Wish we’d had longer there. You’re so lucky living in paradise xxx ❤️😍❤️
Post 20 IP   flag post
How super nice, everyone...you are a wise man, Bert. I could live in one of those small "houses" right on the beach. I am stunned by the clear, blue, water. The waters and "surf" on the New 'Joisey' beaches are brownish-blackish-salty and cold, until you get in up to your waist-chest and get over the shock of the cold and then 'get used to it', but you can't see your hands, or feet. Can't get over the clarity of your water and the beaches. Alas, loved it in my youth, but my Dermatologist has me scared now, and he's right, re any Sun at all. I'm now paying the price for myriad Summers on the 11th Street beach in front of The Flanders Hotel. He said I have Celtic skin, red hair, white skin, freckles..."You people are the worst for sun damage. Next are blondes, some tan, some burn." But, there is 'something' innate in humans about the shore, sand, water. The Hope's lived in Ramsgate, Kent for centuries before they moved to London. Then to Toronto, Canada in 1920. Just like Bob Hope's family. They went to Cleveland, Ohio. Very poor and Bob got a job in a Vaudeville House doing jokes and dancing between the acts. Got pretty good at it, obviously. Hundreds of millions of dollars later in Beverly Hills, California.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb
Bert I’ve been to Bonaire 3 Times on cruises. Thought it was so pretty with the colourful houses. Wish we’d had longer there. You’re so lucky living in paradise xxx ❤️😍❤️

The next time you're on a cruise visiting Bonaire, just let me know. We team up and have a drink together.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by craiglhope
How super nice, everyone...you are a wise man, Bert. I could live in one of those small "houses" right on the beach.etc etc.We made the decision in the mid nineties to move to a better climate, after visiting my eldest brother several times, who was a doc at Curacao.It was not an easy one, but we're glad we did it.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Sounds wonderful Bert xx❤️😍
Post 24 IP   flag post
Life is interesting, to say the least. Good times, bad times, pain, pleasure, wealth, poverty, health, illness,...put 'em in a blender and mix for a minute. I wish you good, great, times, Bert. Long life, good health, wonderful skies and sunsets on Bonaire. Be well, great friend.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
Very, very nice Roxy.

Here is a link to give y'all an impression of Bonaire, the small Dutch island in the Caribbean, next to Aruba and Curacao and close to the shore of Colombia and Venezuela.

https://www.facebook.com/Bonairetourism/videos/10156753290600312/UzpfSTEwMjkzNzc4MTc6MTAyMTM0NTEzNjI2NTE2OTg/?id=1029377817[/quote

I have to admit Bert your sand is whiter than ours! Bonaire looks beautiful, so colourful an earthly paradise, not difficult to see why you choose to live there. Nevertheless I love my little old Cornwall. Something I appreciate about the Everly Brothers, when they toured the U.K. in the sixties, eighties and two thousands, they included Cornwall as part of their tour. Especially back in the sixties, Cornwall was regarded as fairly remote...ten and a half hour drive from London...(five and half hours now). Bless those boys they didn’t let their Cornish fans down or ignore them. ❤️
Post 26 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
You are right I saw them in Cornwall in the 80's took forever to get there but worth it. Xxx
Post 27 IP   flag post
52334 27 27
destitute