The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Thought I would give us all a treat for a belated Birthday treat. 'God Bless Older Ladies' That's me.
Thank all of you for all your good Birthday Wishes. So kind of you all.

Post 1 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Good one, Annmary. Phil is something else! Hope you had a Happy 29-Years-Young Birthday..........
Post 2 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
And the rest. Bless you Graig
Post 3 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
AnnMary, I just love this clip.
after the first lines of Sweet Pretender when Phil looks at the camera and sings “So I said Hallo” and gives such an impish, flirty look to us the audience. Always makes me break into a broad smile, is such a happy performance he gives and is very uplifting. A treat indeed. Thank you. X
Post 4 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I think exactly the same Roxy about the impish look. He knew what he was doing, he was teasing us 😍
Post 5 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
What a lovely birthday treat AnnMary. Oh I remember him being on Pebble Mill. I just love him in that blue shirt, I think it was his favourite colour and it is mine too.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
That blue shirt suits Phil every inch! His black shirts were very phil too! xxx
Post 7 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Just love this that MAN had the most expressive eyes of anyone I have ever known, he really could talk without opening his mouth. Just love it. Thanks.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW
I think exactly the same Roxy about the impish look. He knew what he was doing, he was teasing us 😍

Totally irresistible... lovely man.💕
Post 9 IP   flag post
I posted the whole Pebble Mill piece some months ago not sure if it was a stand alone thread or added during a thread. I could post it here now because of this song. Give me a little while and I will post it again.
Post 10 IP   flag post
"Pebble Mill at One" - 1983

Pebble Mill at One was a British lunchtime television magazine programme that was broadcast live from Monday to Friday at 13:00 (one o'clock, hence the title), mainly on BBC1. It was transmitted from the Pebble Mill studios of BBC Birmingham, and uniquely, was hosted from the centre's main foyer area, rather than a conventional television studio. In the beginning, visitors to the studios were seen arriving in the background as the programme was transmitted.

Reasons for this were: a planned third studio was never constructed on the site, and existing facilities were fully booked for network drama production and local news. Gradually, as the show was successful, the foyer became a studio, and visitors had to use a new entrance. The show ran from 2 October 1972 to 23 May 1986.

For most of that period there were few television programmes transmitted in Britain on any channels during the day, with the exception of the Trade test colour films transmitted for TV retailers and TV servicemen. For this reason the programme acquired a unique following from those who found themselves at home at lunchtime. Housewives, students, and those recovering from an illness remember it with fondness for its variety and the problems inherent with live television. Its best remembered theme tune was "As You Please" by the Raymond Lefevre orchestra, used from 1972 until 1979. Two weeks after the launch of the programme on Monday 16 October 1972.

Phil sang "Sweet Pretender" first then the interview and he then sang "God Bless Older Ladies"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGj6UYUqIng

When the decision was taken by BBC1 Controller Michael Grade to end the show to make way for the new One O'Clock News over 30,000 viewers wrote to the BBC to complain. Ironically it was a previous Assistant Editor of the programme Roger Laughton, later to become a senior executive with the BBC and Meridian TV, who was given responsibility for planning the BBC's new daytime schedule.

The Pebble Mill format returned in 1987 as Daytime Live, renamed Scene Today and finally Pebble Mill though no longer at 1pm.

New photos of Phil - September 2017

Post 11 IP   flag post
I think there are plenty of eye contact in these photos from Pebble Mill. Just as Kathyc says Phil talked with his eyes. He always looked stunning in blue and browns....sigh
Post 12 IP   flag post
Photos that take your breath away.❤️❤️
Post 13 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Chris so lovely, wasn't he a sweetheart?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Absolutely Kathy.
Post 15 IP   flag post
colorado3 private msg quote post Address this user
The most handsome, gorgeous, gentle beautiful man on the planet inside and out from head to toe. lhave all his cds and most of the Everly Brothers as well . l love Phil with all my heart and l wish he was here . He deserved all the love and happiness in the world and everyone loved him , he is an Icon and a Legend. He is in my prayers every night and his picture is beside my bed which l kiss every night . l love him so much he is in my heart for ever and always .The Best singer and Best voice in the world with Don and solo his voice is exquisit and pitch perfect . l will meet him with the angels My love and heart are yours for ever my perfect Darling Gentle Loving Man My Love to you for ever and always Love Paula.xxx
Post 16 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Gosh! What a lovely clip Annmary!! I think Sweet Pretender is such a gorgeous song! I was so keen to learn how to play this that I trawled the internet obsessively to find the chords to no avail However I mentioned my quest in an email to a Canadian friend and she, with the help of a lovely lady in her local library who was a computer whizz, found them to me and so now I can play Phil's lovely song any time I like!! What a beautiful person he was!! I am sure he was such fun to spend time with as his sparkling personality shines through in every interview! Great link, great song, really lovely!
Post 17 IP   flag post
53641 17 17
destitute