The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Some songs from Two Yanks in England.7764

LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user

Oh A real trip back to the 60s sounds.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
One of my favorites. I love their covers of these songs.
Post 2 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, Lizzy....sure brings back floods of memory from the Summer of 1966......the backing band is The Hollies with 8 of the 12 songs by them...Clarke, Hicks & Graham Nash....I believe that Manfred Mann did "Pretty Flamingo".....I always liked that one......
Post 3 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks lizzie. Takes me back too to my youth Nice to hear again xx❤️❤️
Post 4 IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
Bizzie Bee!!! cool choices !!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
supagrab private msg quote post Address this user
Manfred Mann did do Pretty Flamingo, it was
a fairly big hit for them
Post 6 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by supagrab
Manfred Mann did do Pretty Flamingo, it was
a fairly big hit for them

I saw Manfred Mann perform at a venue in Exeter some twenty odd years ago. Both Paul Jones and Mike D’abo sang. I thinks maybe it was a bit of a reunion, anyway it was a fantastic night and they were another group who sounded as good live as their records. 😎
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Great to hear Lizzie - and to dance to. 😀
Post 8 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Manfred Mann was one of our favourite groups years ago and we were disappointed when Paul left as he had such a good voice. However Mike was good too. I think Paul Jones’ heart lay with The Blues, he had the voice for it and he has presented some radio programmes about The BLues over the years. Good that they had a reunion and Paul’s departure wasn’t acrimonious.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane43
Manfred Mann was one of our favourite groups years ago and we were disappointed when Paul left as he had such a good voice. However Mike was good too. I think Paul Jones’ heart lay with The Blues, he had the voice for it and he has presented some radio programmes about The BLues over the years. Good that they had a reunion and Paul’s departure wasn’t acrimonious.

It was quite a small venue...cafe tables and chairs style for the audience and we were very close to the stage. I rather think it was some time in the nineties, sadly, memory not what it was. The group including the two singers all seemed very relaxed and happy to be together. I never thought at the time to ask for autographs and it would have been easy as at the end of the evening they chatted to us and were very approachable.
Post 10 IP   flag post
To get back on topic.😀Really enjoyed these LizzieB. thank you for posting. Two Yanks in England is on my “to be purchased” CD list,
So it is nice to hear some of the songs.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
I met Manfred Mann when I went with Joey Paige in 1965 when he did a Sam Riddle TV show out of hours at Madame Tussauds in the chamber of horrors, I was the only girl there and they kept putting out the lights and trying to scare me, they did actually do a good job, but I kept that to myself. Met Paul about 2 years ago in Teddington, when Sheena and went to see a show he did, he is still absolutely fab and looks good too, didn't think it appropriate to mention our previous encounter though. Re Mike D'Abo he was married to a model called Maggie London she claimed to be a friend of Jackie's and they turned up several times at Phil's hotel room, she look years older than Mike, Phil said he knew Jackie knew her but he didn't think they were friends, but Phil being Phil was just polite, his hotel room use to be like a railway station with comings and goings. But that was Phil for you!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Gosh Kathy you met such a lot of famous people, such an interesting time you had and great to hear these snippets. Keep them coming.
It must have been a strange life for stars like Phil and Don, when on tour, with people coming and going all the time. Difficult for their wives with little privacy and continually sharing their husbands with all and sundry. It must have been a strain on their and any marriage.
I am glad to hear Paul Jones was nice, I always enjoyed his songs, he had a great voice. Also interesting what you said about Mike D’Abo and wife. Thank you so much for sharing. It seems to me that for Phil and Don you and your friend were welcome, familiar faces that they knew they could trust and obviously looked forward to your company. Lucky girls. ❤️
Post 13 IP   flag post
54365 13 13
destitute