The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Happy (belated!) Birthday Annmary7761

Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

Sorry it's late! Couldn't find one recorded on your actual birthday, but this, and Stick With Me Baby were done on 27th July 1960.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday AnnMary! xxx
Post 3 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I wasn't aware it was your birthday either AnnMary. A very happy birthday to you.

Post 4 IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday Annmary. Hope you had a lovely birthday.
Xx
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Happy birthday 😄
Post 6 IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNMARY HAVE A GREAT DAY
PETER
Post 7 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
Another one I'd never heard! Thanks so much. Do we know when?
Did these guys do nothing but record...?
Post 8 IP   flag post
One year and it could be 2 they were doing an interview and Don said they had to do 4 albums in a year!!! No wonder they were tired many times.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Happy belated Birthday AnnMary, hope you had a great day.❤️
Post 10 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Belated Birthday wishes. Hope you had a great day xx🎂🎁🍷
Post 11 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Belated birthday wishes from me too. Hope you had a great day AnnMary.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW
One year and it could be 2 they were doing an interview and Don said they had to do 4 albums in a year!!! No wonder they were tired many times.

Yes Chris and Judyc13 I agree! When we hear their mountain of recordings.....plus the incredible amout of photo shoots, notable by the miriad of different clothing they had to wear. Not to mention the performances on the road, on television, radio etc. Not forgetting either, the dodgy contracts, of which they understood little of in the early days! I wonder how they had time to give such good interviews!

Little wonder their marriages fell apart and indeed, their own relationship and Don's mental health, caused by greedy managers arranging Dr. Feelgood to inject them with Amphetamines, to keep them on their feet when they were atrociously exhausted. This, as we know, had a dreadful adverse reaction upon Don! Phil could see how bad it was making Don but he was helpless to do anything!

It really is a rather sad tale of explotation! It’s said one has to suffer for one's art! Well, I fear Don and Phil often so bravely suffered for their beautiful musical art! They were and still are, as we all agree, the very, very best! xxx
Post 13 IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
@Jeanroberts

Very well said.
I couldn't have agreed with you more.
It certainly didn't sound easy at all on them with all these gruelling tours.
The managers etc I guess didn't bother about them health wise -
only saw the $$$$$$$$$ signs.
can't help but feel sorry for them in these early days & the personal & health issues it brought.
Post 14 IP   flag post
hi all as I said before I would not like to be them your life is never the same no time for your self and your family not for me thanks
peter
Post 15 IP   flag post
i hope people will not get upset with about to say you can blame the fans to they would not leve them along
peter
Post 16 IP   flag post
It was a very hard life for them probably the first 10 years was the hardest. Maybe Kathy can enlighten us a little more on how they felt about always being on the tread mill so to speak.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Chris I think it must have been exciting at first. By the time I meet them it was something they had to do, there was always the bubble would burst and the work would dry up so while it was still on offer they did it. They seemed to enjoy it too. The singing part, not the travelling. In Ireland in 1966 it was a bit basic and for them it was like going back in time as they had been use now to the best, ie hotels, food and travelling. One night in Ireland we managed to lose the others for a while and Jay who was sitting in the front of the van with the driver informed us (that's Phil, Terry and me) that Dave actually lived near to where we were. Phil asked can we just come home with you for the night? Dave said yes but I only live in an ordinary house, Phil replied I like ordinary, I'm use to ordinary - I haven't always lived the life I do now. A few minutes later we got to a cross road and guess what Don's car and Sheena's car had just met going in opposite directions and then we turned up too, we all had a laugh about that later. Remember Don jumping out of the car and running over to us so I wound down the window he threw himself in and said you'all got any moonshine? Phil said he had some milk and Don just said ugh pulled a face then laughed and went back to the car he was travelling in. The reason we were all at a loss was Phil had refused to stay at the hotel we were booked in (long story will tell another time) and we kept trying to find a hotel that would take us all there were 10 of us, we ended up driving all night back to Dublin arriving later the next morning fortunately just before they stopped serving breakfast!

Gone off a bit there sorry! I know they both missed their children and being home very much and I did feel very sorry for them, but being a greedy fan I was very glad they did tour. I know Jackie wanted Phil to give it all up, so he struggled over this. Management made a lot of money out of them. When they did split I for one was actually glad they needed that time off the road, just sorry it was for so long, but Phil did get to watch his boys grow up, especially as he had missed so much of Jason's early years.

Happy Belated Birthday Annmary for the 27th. It was Don Wayne's 80th the following day 28th, so your birthday's are close.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddles
i hope people will not get upset with about to say you can blame the fans to they would not leve them along
peter

Clambering for my favourite artists is not my style Peter! Much as I would have loved to have met the Everly's. It was always at the back of my mind, I may be dissapointed! I now know, this was not likely to be the case!

I've watched them rehearse but didn't want to meet them unless I was politely and properly introduced! I loved them too much to risk being dissapointed! xxx
Post 19 IP   flag post
I think there was something in Ike’s Boys when Phil said Don was surrounded by girls and Phil was worrried they would tear his clothes off. I wish I owned the book, there is so much detail in it but I only read it on line. I could never understand the way some girls behaved. When we saw them in 1959 or 1960 the screaming was deafening, almost hysterical, and almost impossible to hear them.
Post 20 IP   flag post
it makes you wonder why they go and see them when you can not here them
peter
Post 21 IP   flag post
Gosh Jean I had no idea you were not introduced to them - really? Gosh how did that happen, we ie Sheena and I should have arranged it. I do remember taking fans into their dressing rooms and them being dumb struck. My own sister for the first and probably only time in her life was aged 14 dumb struck just not answering anything Phil said he actually got embarrassed and ask discreetly can she speak?

The very first time I actually went back stage I was 16 and shy too. I was okay with Don but not for some reason with Phil. I'm going to send those photos. What do you guys think? Guess Phil had more affect on me than Don did, I felt more comfortable I got on better with Don. Guess I must have been more scared with Phil only I had met him the previous year and was okay then so why now?? Think it was because he was so drop dead gorgeous !!!

Come on I do look such a twerp - now I'm older do you know what I don't care!!!

Post 22 IP   flag post
Phil was so photogenic wasn't he? The photo's are great because they recall the times you spent with Don and Phil! Glad you've posted them! xxxxx
Post 23 IP   flag post
Kathy I think you felt that way in Phil's presence because you actually 'Liked' him and that affected how you were around him. Phil was so gorgeous and just look how he has such a sweet smile when you are near to him in this photo. You look lovely Kathy. What beautiful memories you have and photos to go with them.💕 thank you for sharing these with us all.❤
Post 24 IP   flag post
Gosh Jane I have Ike's Boys - Phyllis sent me a signed copy, to be honest I have only over the years just glanced through it. I'll maybe now go and give it proper attention and read it from cover to cover. She put some input from me, but she didn't word it from word to word and made a couple of mistakes, which is maybe why I've not bothered. So will look again.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Lovely photos Cathy. I am not surprised you felt awkward with Phil, he was breathtakingly handsome, probably had a kind of “aura” about him. I have to say however that Don also was breathtakingly handsome and I know had I met either or both I would have been totally dumbstruck. Enjoy your photos and your memories and thanks for sharing. ❤️
Post 26 IP   flag post
Kathy, Ike’s Boys has a lot of information about the early years of their parents which I found interesting. Thanks to Roxy I have just ordered a copy which is reasonably priced and when I get it I will write a family tree because there are a lot of family members of both their parents mentioned which I forgot after I read it. In September my husband is off to Canada for 10 days to see his sick sister and brother-in-law and his two aunts who are in their 90s so it will keep me occupied while he is away. You look great in those pics by the way.
Post 27 IP   flag post
54365 27 27
destitute