The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user

One of my teenage favourites
Post 1 IP   flag post
Judyc13 private msg quote post Address this user
A bit reminiscent of the 'High Noon' theme in places, I always thought...
Post 2 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Dang Liz, you know how to pick 'em. Another one I used to (attempt to) sing along with...~ October 1964 (?), plus John D. loudermilk, a story unto itself. "Indian Reservation" 1968, 1971, "Ebony Eyes" 1961, "Tobacco Road" 1964, "This Little Bird" 1965, "Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye" 1967........great stuff.

Thanks again and who are those two adorable children in your pix?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hi Craig, it’s me Jane not Liz. πŸ˜€ I have been busy with family and health matters for a while but have more time to pop on here now.

The children are our youngest grandchildren, Mia aged 9 and Aaron aged 8 - sister and brother, born 359 days apart. Aaron is our only grandson, we have three other granddaughters aged 30, 28 and 20 so I have been doing Nanny duties for 30 years now!

Hope you are well.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Gadzooks, I own an eyeglass store and it looks like I better make myself a pair of eyeglasses, fast!!~ I meant Jane43! Sorry. In any event thank you for all of your posts / info. Whatever, we all know one another and hope that you have good family and health situations. Time marches on, along with our minds and bodies. Mia & Aaron are cute as buttons! You are fortunate, indeed, to have such fine children and grandchildren. Wish I did. Just wondering what the young and teens are "into" these days. Who are their Elvises, or Beatles, or it this a different generation(s). There is a female singer over here called Taylor Swift who crossed over from Country & Western to "Pop", wears red and she fills stadiums and is a big presence. She has $37 million of real estate for starters. Guess, the young crowd is listening....how....? iTunes, iPods, DVD's, Spotify.... Guess, my 'Chuck' Berry record player is a Model T Ford these days. Dang!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
craiglhope -

Thank you for using the term Gadzooks ... I haven't heard it in a long time and it makes me smile!
Post 6 IP   flag post
You are good, Redhead...I'm a creation of Saturday morning cartoons and TV series, Space Patrol, Bertie the Bunyup, Willie the Worm, Houdidni & Pinhead, Mr. Rivets, Gene Autry, Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, King of the Cowboys and Queen of the Cowgirls, 'Lash" LaRue, Sky King, Red Ryder, Captain Midnight, Captain Marvel, Captain America, Little King, Little LuLu, Dagwood Bumpstead & Blondie, The Fat Man, Gangbusters, The Shadow, Superman, Wonder Woman, Prince Valiant, Buck Rogers, Ming the Merciless, Buzz Corey, Casper the Friendly Ghost, et al......all sponsored by Double Bubble and bazooka chewing gum and Pepsi-Cola "Hits the spot, 12 full ounces, it a lot..." The local dentists made a fortune from those early TV shows........
Post 7 IP   flag post
FUN FACT: cotton candy was invented by a dentist named William Morrison for the 1904 World's Fair and he marketed it as 'Fairy Floss.'

I am a veritable wealth of useless knowledge
Post 8 IP   flag post
HA,you are QUITE bright, Redhead. Cool. Cotton Candy via a dentist. That was a real, big deal, World's Fair that year, also. The taffy salesman at Fralinger's in Atlantic City had a stand on the boardwalk that was awash with salt water from a storm one night and the next morning he labeled it all "Salt Water Taffy" and people bought more of it. Go figure. Also, a legend of a wealthy lady,once again in Atlantic City, who would watch the Coca-Cola salesman go to all of the soda fountains in the area and deliver containers of Coke syrup to the fountain owners, who would then mix it with carbonated water, etc. from the Coke machine, etc. She said to him that I can tell you two words and your company will make a fortune. Kept on for weeks, driving him crazy, as he begged her for the two words and she said, "Bottle it." Glass bottles were just coming into use back then, I guess, and everyone one then started selling and buying bottles of Coca-Cola, as well as with government telling them to stop putting...real...cocaine in it, thank you very much. I am a veritable wealth of a misspent youth, so....welcome to the club.....
Post 9 IP   flag post
I did know about the cocaine in coke. Things were a lot more fun back then, huh? Coke helped you with your energy back then, LOL
Post 10 IP   flag post
I recognise some of the cartoon characters Craig but not all. We had different characters over here in fact one of the comics we used to buy, Beano, is 80 years old today. I do remember Dagwood and Blondie, I think they were in one of our newspapers over here. I remember the Dagwood sandwiches in fact it is a term I still use if my husband has a sandwich with lots of filling.
Post 11 IP   flag post
So true andbeano sounds cool. problem with Dagwood is that he would raid the refrigerator and make his huge sandwichs at....3 A.M. in the morning, much to Blondie's consternation.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

There are 3 versions of a coke commercial on the Price of Fame box set.
I've not had coke ( the drink) for years, but I'm told it is excellent for cleaning coins!
I should add that I have never had the other type of "coke" either
Post 13 IP   flag post
LOL Don as a lifeguard makes me smile.
Post 14 IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Loved reading all the info from you Craig.Redhead ,Jane & Liz.

I remember the Beano well Jane.
Imagine it 80 years old.
I should maybe get some in this week- we have Grandchildren most of the week.
It would keep them occupied !!
Granny has the Craft box filled.

Craig.. I'm not sure what the young ones listen to now either.
I know my daughter listens to some of the 50s music.
She has laid claim to my collection when I no longer need them.
So she must have been influenced in her younger day by me..
We have heard of Taylor swift here also.
I'm not sure if she's toured here?
I never knew J D Loudermilk wrote Indian Reservation.
Listening now- been an age since I listened to it..
Thank you all.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Right on, Liz. Coke does clean up coins well. Almost as well as eating through the enamel on one's teeth. The crowns in my mouth have paid for my Dentist's Porsche.
Post 16 IP   flag post
It also cleans toilets. People actually DRINK this stuff and it cleans toilets and coins.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Toilets,yes, also takes tar off of auto bodies and well as does a job on one's internal organs. Attention World : Guzzle it at your own peril.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Full disclosure: I own quite a bit of Coca Cola stock so ... drink away! Or just clean coins and toilets with it but buy, buy, buy!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Multi-Billionaire Warren Buffet has it as one of his largest holdings and has for years. He eats at McDonald's and love their Cherry Coke.(Medical miracle, I suppose.) Lives in the same three-story house in Omaha, Nebraska for decades, drives a Cadillac, but it's old, wears everyday suis, but he and Bill Gates are giving away their over ~$100 Billion to various worldwide charities, medical research, etc., etc. "We've made the history books, now it's give-back time." Jeff Bezos is now ~ $150 Billion with his Amazon thingee....started out as a small on-line book store. "I'm not trying to become anything, I simply have these ideas and run with them." And, if very-elementary-techno Craig Hope uses Amazon, anyone can.......
Post 20 IP   flag post
Warren Buffet is a personal hero of mine. For many years I owned some B shares of Berkshire Hathaway and was invited to the stock holders meetings each year but was too chicken to go alone. I sold the shares and still regret not making that trip to Omaha to meet him.
Post 21 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Craig you never fail to make me smile, I love to read your stories of time gone by, in your own imitable way, this time Redhead stepped in and kept the smile going. Thanks both.
Post 22 IP   flag post
ChrisW -

Thanks ... we're going to take the show on the road opening for the Zmed Brothers and the Everly Brothers Experience.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Haha, good one Redhead. I too like to make quick one liners. Maybe we should do "Comedy Store" sometime!! haha
Post 24 IP   flag post
Hey, not a bad idea. Warren Buffet is something else, alright. A genius, cool guy, I have a businessman customer who deals with him and meets with him annually to give him a report of their company that Warren backed when they needed a huge, huge amount of money and there are very few people who can sit down and write a check for nine figures and not bat an eye. He's folksy and humble, but when it comes to business, he turns into steel. Back when I had money, I was going to get some A shares and then, later on, the B shares....you can't lose. Now, that I'm on Social Security, I simply salute my picture of President Franklin D. Roosevelt every time I walk by it hanging on the wall. At least I can have a can of Campbell's Pork 'n' Beans for dinner and a bed to sleep in. Oh, and a cold can of Coke before going to bed. Just kidding, just kidding! I probably wouldn't wake up. I would already be mummified for the undertaker.
Post 25 IP   flag post
@Redhead1966
Hope you take your show to Scotland for you Scottish fans. I'd pay good money to see it.
And the band's you're opening for. I'm sure Liz n I would sell tickets for it..xx
Post 26 IP   flag post
LizzieB -

We just have to make sure Martial Bekkers and EBI don't get their paws all over it!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Redhead..
How very true.
This forum will manage you and Craig with your tour. Haha.
Xx
Post 28 IP   flag post
Not sure I can make it this year, have to check with my booking agent first, but can instead,send a large copy of my latest tax return and bank account that will provoke many sad, crying tears along with howls of hysterical laughter. Drama, pathos and screaming howls of laughing. That's me, Craig Dope, Mr. Show-Biz!

Seriously though folks, I wonder who Don & Phil's "agents" / managers were? Road managers? Studio types? I thought there was a Don King,(?) or a Don Wayne (?) who took my EP album covers upstairs at The Bitter End coffee house that one night in NYC down in the village, long ago... Guess, they never had a "Col." Parker, or a Brian Epstein, although suppose 'Chet' Atkins sure could count.....
Post 29 IP   flag post
I wish we could turn the clock back and go to all these places with each other. What a time we would have.
If Bekkers tried to get in I would say 'NO ticket NO entry on your way!!! 😁
Post 30 IP   flag post
53641 40 30
destitute