The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user

From the Pass The Chicken & Listen album.
Written by Gene Thomas.
Have just been listening to this ..
Enjoy.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
You have read my mind Lizzie I was thinking of posting this one yesterday. Great minds and all. I really like this song. The boys didn't think they had done it justice. I think it is spot on ❤
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Don’t know why the boys thought they hadn't done this song justice! Sounds good to me! Thank you for posting, nice to hear it again! xxx
Post 3 IP   flag post
@ChrisW
Great minds indeed Chris.
Sound like they did a great job to me .
I had no idea they thought they hadn't done it justice.
xx
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
I love this and I love the album. They were great artists, always wanting to give of their best. No one will ever come close.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
I think it is just great, spot on as usual. Thank you Lizzie.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
I've got this one on an album called The Exciting Everly Brothers...how very true!
Post 7 IP   flag post
I hadn't heard of the "Exciting Everly Brothers" album.
Just Googled it..
Seems to have the same listings as Pass The Chicken Liz..
There's an old fashioned cassette on Amazon £1.99 of the Exciting Everly Brothers..
I have Pass the Chicken already.
Always learning- never too old ! x
Post 8 IP   flag post
Lizzie, it's one that I picked up in a charity shop, for £4...rather more than I would normally pay ....but worth it!! Only joking, I threw caution to the 4 winds the day I coughed out £25 for The Everly Brothers Sing LP....I needed a lie down after that!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Liz58
Ah! But after you've had your lie down & recovered from the price you paid, you have it to enjoy forever!!
Well done Liz
Post 10 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Just beautiful. Thank you Lizzie xx❤️❤️
Post 11 IP   flag post
I’ve noticed on Amazon that the price of Everly Brothers’ CDs have gone up a lot. I’m trying to expand my collection but you have found some real bargains Liz. I must go on the Internet and see if there are any record fairs within travelling distance for me.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I have just paid £3 for a vinyl that was on my wish list. It was eBay and from a known DJ it is on it's way❤
Post 13 IP   flag post
Well done Chris. That's a good price also.
Enjoy.
Post 14 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Gorgeous song that I have never heard before! Such an emotional song! Very, very nice! The price of the CDs etc seems to vary a lot! I paid £45 for one of the books about the Everlys and there is another I would love to read but it's showing at £95 online so think I will have to pass!!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quick update, got a nice vinyl copy of The Exciting Everly Brothers today, but it's free to anyone who wants it, as I have a copy already. Please email if you're interested
Post 16 IP   flag post
I just got Ike’s Boys today. I have wanted it for so long after reading it on line. Thank you Roxy for telling me about it. I now have all three books. We just need Kathyc to write a book of her memoirs. How about it Kathy?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Miss Kathyc is featured in some of the stories in Ike's Boys!
Post 18 IP   flag post
That's a good idea Jane. Terry Slaters would be a good read too if he puts pen to paper.✒
Post 19 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane43
I just got Ike’s Boys today. I have wanted it for so long after reading it on line. Thank you Roxy for telling me about it. I now have all three books. We just need Kathyc to write a book of her memoirs. How about it Kathy?

You are welcome Jane. I am so pleased you have the book now. I will have to look at mine today to see the KathyC stories. ❤️
Post 20 IP   flag post
Ooh I’m very envious jane and Roxy I’ve looked on internet and prices start at £99 upwards xx❤️❤️
Post 21 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb
Ooh I’m very envious jane and Roxy I’ve looked on internet and prices start at £99 upwards xx❤️❤️

If you persevere Joy, you will occasionally come upon a seller on Amazon or Ebay, who actually want to sell their book and it will be reasonably priced and affordable. Keep trying and good luck. 🙂

I have seen the Consuelo Dodge book priced around £700 and £800
and also an Ike’s Boys priced at £1500. 😱 I think they will have a long wait for a purchaser. x
Post 22 IP   flag post
Thanks Roxy. Yes I saw Ikes Boy for over £600 I stopped searching then xx❤️❤️
Post 23 IP   flag post
A few years ago I paid £12 for the Consuelo Dodge book. It looks like some just want to rip you off.
Post 24 IP   flag post
That’s a good price Chris. I’ll just have to keep looking and re reading Roger Whites book which I keep at my bedside to send me off with sweet dreams xx❤️❤️
Post 25 IP   flag post
52334 25 25
destitute