The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
A beautiful gentle song. Just like the man himself.
Tony Blackburn played When Will I Be Loved this morning about 7-50. He’s getting better!! Xx❤️❤️
Post 1 IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice one from Phil Joy.

Good on Tony for playing The EBs.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Great to hear some rarer recordings are being played on the Beeb. This song takes me right back to my childhood, not by Phil or Edith Piaf but by a choir. It used to be played a lot on Family Favourites and my brother and I used to try to imitate the accents of the singers. Of course Phil’s version is far far better. Thank you Joy.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
At last Tony is playing more Everly Brothers songs Lizzie and Joy. It is beautifully sung by Phil Joy. 💕
Post 4 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Lovely song beautifully sung thanks for posting Joyb.
Our local radio station Radio Cornwall, the presenter Duncan Warren’s show runs from 9.00a.m to 12.00 noon on Saturday mornings and he often plays records from the 50’s and 60’s... this morning he played Don and Phil singing Wake up little Susie and Dream. He also played one of Roy O’s and Buddy Holly’s Peggy Sue and Rave On. It was a real treat and I was reminded how much I love hearing Phil and Jason Everly’s recording of Rave On. That particular song, when I am alone, I turn it up full tilt and bop all around the house! wonderful.😎
Post 5 IP   flag post
That sounds like a good show Roxy ☺
Post 6 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
A poignant song, beautifully sung by Phil. 😪 . It's a bonus track on the double CD of Phil's I bought a month or two back.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW
That sounds like a good show Roxy ☺

It is Chris. Most Saturday mornings he plays songs from the sixties. 😀
Post 8 IP   flag post
There are so many local radio stations playing good 50s & 60s music Radio Manchester has Sweenys Sixties classics on a Sunday 12-3 pm he plays good music and often plays Everly songs. The only downside he witters on too much xx❤️❤️
Post 9 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Chief witterer is undoubtedly Chris Evans on radio 2, but he redeems himself now and again by having an EB song on the show.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Ha ha have to agree Chris but Mike Sweeney is a very close second and he’s always name dropping!! Not so keen on Chris Evans xx❤️❤️
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb
There are so many local radio stations playing good 50s & 60s music Radio Manchester has Sweenys Sixties classics on a Sunday 12-3 pm he plays good music and often plays Everly songs. The only downside he witters on too much xx❤️❤️

My exact feeling about the programme I mentioned. The presenter sounds like a lovely man but does witter and I am there thinking,
yes fine but please just get on with playing the music and please... “let it be Don and Phil”.
Post 12 IP   flag post
ChrisH private msg quote post Address this user
Mike Sweeney is not too bad, but Chris Evans is too full of himself.
Post 13 IP   flag post
donandphilfan private msg quote post Address this user
Wonderful song, beautifully sung....I still can't believe he's gone.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by donandphilfan
Wonderful song, beautifully sung....I still can't believe he's gone.

donandphilfan, I feel the same way, it is hard to believe Phil is still not with us. He/they were part of my life from the beginning, nearly as long as my siblings. Some photos or some songs or clips get to me more than others, then I have a big lump in my throat.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I agree with you Chris andDonandPhilfan. I love this forum we can listen and watch so much of the boys every day it feels as though Phil is still here like you Chris they have been such a big part of my life since I was a young girl and now we can see and hear them more than we could in the early days xx❤️❤️
Post 16 IP   flag post
54365 16 16
destitute