The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
https://youtu.be/1CLGEqMFEqQ Such a fabulous song!! Found this on the dreaded internet!! Re the topic on copyright it does make one feel guilty but then we wouldn't hear most of these fabulous clips without it!
Post 1 IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks DeeDee.
Another of my favourites.
I have so many of them.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
One of my all time favorites, thanks DeeDee.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Just listened to that song again...sigh!! It's fabulous!! Does anyone know which album it is on?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Born Yesterday. Xxx
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thank you so much for that info Kathy!! I must get it!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
A great and highly under rated album.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Yikes!! I have just looked it up on Amazon and Ebay and it seems to be about £60-£80 for the CD and mostly having to come from the USA!! Does anyone know if this lovely track is on any other [less expensive] CD or LP?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
I love Born Yesterday, but for me the stand out track on it has to be Arms Of Mary. Ok, they didn't write it, Iain Sutherland did, but I have to say the boys version is just sublime....for personal reasons, this song means a lot to me. If you have this album, play this track, and join me in swooning....
Post 9 IP   flag post
Liz58 -

Totally agree! I have never heard a lovelier version of that song.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Oh...………..I just have to get this album!!! The search is on for an affordable version!! Especially as it seems to have other lovely tracks too...but of course it would!!! Its Don and Phil so they will all be great!! Thank you for all the info about this album!
Post 11 IP   flag post
DeeDee -

I just called my local used cd store to see if they had one for you, but all they have of the boys are the Greatest Hits from the 50's and early 60's. People really don't know what these boys could do .... to most they are forever a couple of teenagers. Pity.
Post 12 IP   flag post
DeeDee, check your inbox for my personal message please about this.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Thankfully I got this a while back. We all have our favourite tracks, I think mine is Always Drive A Cadillac and my husband's is Born Yesterday. Arms Of Mary is great too.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee
Yikes!! I have just looked it up on Amazon and Ebay and it seems to be about £60-£80 for the CD and mostly having to come from the USA!! Does anyone know if this lovely track is on any other [less expensive] CD or LP?

DeeDee if you buy from the USA make sure they attach a customs declaration form otherwise you will have to pay a handling fee as well as the tax.
Post 15 IP   flag post
DeeDee if you can play vinyl there are lots of LPs on Discogs at very low prices, the CDs are more expensive.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Discogs is a good site, but I prefer to actually see the album first where possible. Record fairs on here during the festival, and we're heading back to Dundee for another one on 2nd September. I'll be keeping an eye out for a copy of Born Yesterday for you DeeDee.
Post 17 IP   flag post
We have very few record fairs where I live Liz. You are lucky to have some close to you. I always look in our local HMV but there is never anything of theirs at all. We have some charity shops but the CDs are never in alphabetical order so it is very time consuming to look through them.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Just found the album with this lovely track on Amazon for £9.00 so have snapped it up!It has a great cover with a vintage car on it and as I recently found a terrific 1960's record player in excellent condition locally, I will be able to listen to the lovely tracks others have kindly mentioned above!! The record is new and a re-release by the Bear Family company who do those terrific box sets by the Everlys and others so I am sure it will be great quality! All the CD's on offer were second hand and the cheapest was over £45.00 going up to over £57.00 so I am very pleased to buy the LP!! Just love "Don't say goodnight" and am sure there will be many others which will join my long, long list of Everly favourites soon!!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Oops....Ignore most of the above!! Just found out the record on Amazon is a SINGLE!!! Managed to cancel it...Phew....and have now ordered the LP version, the whole album on Ebay!! A lucky escape from disappointment!! And, it was only £3.48 on Ebay It is second hand but says VG+ condition so I am sure it will play well!! Looking forward to hearing all the other recommendations on this album from you kind people above!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Always Drive A Cadillac and Abandoned Love are great tracks.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
My lovely husband and I use to visit the lovely quiet small town of Cadillac in France. We use to stay at our friend gite not too many miles away, and we would drive there singng Always Drive a Cadillac (my favourite from that album too) at the top of our voices when we drove there. They also produced a very acceptable red wine that Don might have liked to experience.!
Post 22 IP   flag post
When I first heard Always Drive A Cadillac I was convinced it was a Bruce Springsteen song but it seems not but it was written by somebody with the wonderful name of Larry Raspberry.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Just received my LP of Born Yesterday and it has already been played right through and there are so many other lovely tracks on it!! Don't say goodnight is just sublime but Cadillac, the great Why worry, Arms of Mary, a superb version etc! I am loving this album, so thanks to those who pointed me towards it when I posted Born Yesterday!!I am relieved that the LP I got for such a bargain price is in excellent condition and plays beautifully!! It came from Germany, swiftly and in perfect condition! Phew!!!!
Post 24 IP   flag post
I just can't stop listening to this FABULOUS, GORGEOUS, WONDERFUL track!! Sigh.....who would say goodnight to Don or Phil!! Never!!!!!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Still listening to this wonderful song!!! The best of the best!!!
Post 26 IP   flag post
I so wish they'd have made a video of this song rather than that very unfortunate debacle of a video for Amanda Ruth.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I am just about wearing out the record listening to this It has become one of my all time Everly favourites! Just fabulous!!!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
If anyone ever finds a video of Phil and Don performing this fabulous, fabulous song, PLEASE put a link up here or as a new topic
Post 29 IP   flag post
54364 29 29
destitute