The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

A Kiss is a terrible thing to Waste7674

Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

I knew that Don and Phil had recorded "Cold" from Whistle Down The Wind, but had no idea about this one...it's a really great rocking song from them. Does anyone know if it's available on a CD or a download for the MP3?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Great song! Thanks for posting it.

I assume they recorded their parts separately as they did with Cold, but the end product is fabulous none the less.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Yes I knew of this I don't know if it's an MP3 down load, hope it might be, this and Cold were recorded, but Andrew Lloyd Webber obviously chose Cold rather than this and on the CD of Whistle Down the Wind it's Meatloaf's song. Don't now if you know but both Andrew and Jullien Lloyd Webber were member of our fan club in the 60's.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Kathyc private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry Julian Lloyd Webber, must stop posting after a glass of wine!!! Actually so were Barbara Dickson and George Harrison. Must ask Albert Lee - I called out to Sheena one social night in 1984 when we were all hanging out together and Phil was holding court, Albert asked me is she Sheena Mackay and are you Kathy Graves, I said yes - I never asked at the time but think now he must have been a member too, to have known our names.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Wow Kathy what great news that is to hear those people were members of your fan club. At the end of the day they are normal people who liked the Everly Brothers just like millions of other people.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Never waste a kiss..........
Post 6 IP   flag post
RicardoAPriori private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz58
A Kiss is a terrible thing to Waste

Re: «I knew that Don and Phil had recorded "Cold" from Whistle Down The Wind, but had no idea about this one...it's a really great rocking song from them. Does anyone know if it's available on a CD or a download for the MP3?»

click here for Amazon link

clic here for Spotify link

click here for SoundCloud link

Post 7 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Even after all these years Kathy sheenas fan club address is still imprinted in my brain. 1 Avenue Rd Teddington. Of course I’ve forgotten lots of other things ha ha!! Xx❤️❤️
Post 8 IP   flag post
donandphilfan private msg quote post Address this user
So strange Joy, that address is one thing that is imprinted on my brain too! Like you however I now forget most other things!

Memories of the boys will never fade though. One of my fondest is the two days we spent at The Everly Hotel on Lake Malone in KY for their Homecoming Concert. They were with Adela and Patti and my friend and I helped them unpack their cars when they arrived. Don and Phil were as gracious as ever and spent time chatting, signing autographs and having photographs taken with fans who had gathered.
We were more lucky than most as we were staying at the hotel and had lots of opportunities to chat with them before and after the concert and at breakfast the next day. Our small son even helped to carry trays of food into their private party on the evening.

Sad that the hotel burnt down a few years later. We went to the site when we were on holiday in the area again shortly afterwards and there was just nothing left except the chimney stack.

We were lucky too to form a very good friendship with the receptionist in Central City visitor centre who took us behind the scenes to see some of the items being gathered for the museum display including Don's car and the old red wooden cart they used as children.
What a privilege. As I said, wonderful memories.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
What wonderful and amazing memories for you xx❤️❤️
Post 10 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Yet again a song I have never heard before, a real up beat tune. I love it. I have downloaded to my MP3 player.
Post 11 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Never heard this either! It's great to have this wonderful Everly site to visit and to be privileged to hear all these first hand recollections from people who knew Don and Phil so well and have people posting songs and video that some of us have never seen or heard of before! Thank you all!!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't heard this one in ages.
Thank you for posting Liz- I missed it 1st time around.

@donandphilfan
I agree it was so tragic about Lake Malone burning down.
It looked such a beautiful idyllic place to relax.
You sure have great memories from your time there also.
Welcome also.. Nice to have you on board.
Post 13 IP   flag post
52334 13 13
destitute