The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
KDF private msg quote post Address this user
Hi
I went to see the "Walk Right Back" Show at The Billingham Forum on Sunday evening 22nd April.

It is a musical concert/biography from the early days even before "Bye Bye Love" to the Reunion Concert at the Royal Albert Hall about the Everly's

I have never really been too enamoured by Everly tribute acts having seen and being spoilt by the originals many, many times but have to say this was a very good show. It had stints of Buddy Holly and Roy Orbison in there as well.

The musicians were excellent and the two lads who take off Don and Phil Everly are real brothers, Luke and Aaron Wilson.

Luke who plays Phil Everly and Aaron who plays Don Everly are very good. Actually in real life Aaron Wilson looks the spitting image of Phils son Jason Everly and chatting to him he said he had been told that before

All in all a good show and was very pleasantly surprised, not only a good show for Everly fans but for anyone who just want to see a good show

Regards
KDF
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
So pleased to know this show is such a good one KDF! I do hope it opens in London! xxx
Post 2 IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
I would have loved to have seen this..
Thank you KDF , great write up.
Everything still on hold for hip op.

Liz58..I wish I could have met up with you for this .
Sounds like it's going to be a great show.
Maybe next time around.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Hi KDF
So glad you enjoyed The Wilson Brothers in Walk Right Back. I saw it in Cornwall on 6th April and thought it fantastic. That is interesting you think Aaron Wilson resembled Jason Everly. Personally I thought he resembled teenage Don and even Edan. Isn’t it funny that we all see people differently. Anyway it is playing to full houses all the way through it’s tour and apparently is given a standing ovation at every performance. 😀😀
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanroberts
So pleased to know this show is such a good one KDF! I do hope it opens in London! xxx

Jean, Walk right Back, is so far only doing one night shows at each venue and has already done a show in Leicester square (I think, not absolutely sure if I have got that venue right.) It is appearing at the Millfield Theatre in Edmonton for one night on the 18th May, if that is any good for you. Hope you get to see it. Most of the venues are sold out. xx
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thank you Roxy! There is a show in Southend on Sea Essex on 27th May, about 25 miles from our home but it's sold out! I will phone again from time to time in case I'm lucky with a sudden cancellation!

When a travelling show is very successful, it can move into London! Well we'll see! Thank you again! xxx
Post 6 IP   flag post
You are welcome Jean. I would say this show is a runaway success, so it may well do a stint later on in London, will keep my fingers crossed for the Southend venue for you. xxx
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks Roxy! xxx
Post 8 IP   flag post
Roxy! Roxy! Oh! Roxy! I have my tickets! I have my tickets! Ha Ha! At the Pavilion in Southend! My lovely husband went on line and there were just three seats left together! We had to buy all three, wouldn't let us buy two! So I can treat my friend! The tickets are here having been printed out once paid for! £25 each including a few pounds each for booking! Centre stalls row G! Phew!
Thank you for giving me the renewed enthusiasm to ask hubby's help!
Love to you! xxxxx
Post 9 IP   flag post
Hi
I was talking to their Mum and Dad who were selling programs and CDs and they said they were 150 dates booked for 2019 also some cruise ship bookings
Cheers
KDF
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Roxy! Roxy! Oh! Roxy! I have my tickets! I have my tickets! Ha Ha! At the Pavilion in Southend! My lovely husband went on line and there were just three seats left together! We had to buy all three, wouldn't let us buy two! So I can treat my friend! The tickets are here having been printed out once paid for! £25 each including a few pounds each for booking! Centre stalls row G! Phew!
Thank you for giving me the renewed enthusiasm to ask hubby's help!
Love to you! xxxxx

Oh Jean, I am so pleased for you. It sounds as though you have got good seats as well. I know you will enjoy the evening, the atmosphere at their show is quite overwhelming and exciting, especially during the second half. I am so happy for you. ❤️❤️❤️
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thank you Roxy! The three seats must have been returned tickets! Three peoples loss was my gain! I do hope the tickets were not returned for an unhappy reason all the same! xxx
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Thank you Roxy! The three seats must have been returned tickets! Three peoples loss was my gain! I do hope the tickets were not returned for an unhappy reason all the same! xxx

Impossible to know the reason for returned tickets Jean. However they were obviously Everly fans and I feel sure they would be pleased that other people were taking their places rather than leaving empty seats. Salve that conscience and Enjoy! XXX
Post 13 IP   flag post
Kind of you Roxy! Thank you! xxxxx
Post 14 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm glad that KDF has given this show a good review. It's 3 weeks from today that I finally get to see it, in Dundee. I've had the tickets for 6 months, I was first on the website for the tickets at the Caird Hall, as I had to have stalls seats , and ones that would allow decent leg room ( I have a form of vertigo, so I can't get seats higher, and leg room vital for a husband who is 6 feet 8 tall), so I'm more than keen to experience this show.
I'm glad too that Roxy enjoyed it, and more than pleased for Jean that she has just got her tickets.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Ha! Ha! Ha! Liz! My husband is 6 feet 4 tall! Where did we find them both from? xxx
Post 16 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
What good news for you jean you will all have a great night. So sorry I’ll be missing it. I have centre front row (just like I used to try and get for Don and Phils shows) my husband booked a holiday and we will be in Spain so I’ve given them to my brother so perhaps jean your tickets have been returned for a similar reason Xx❤️❤️
Post 17 IP   flag post
Ah! Yes joyb I likely had the returns because it's Whitsun Weekend and they hadn't realised they were booked for s long weekend away!
xxxxx
Post 18 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDF
Hi
I was talking to their Mum and Dad who were selling programs and CDs and they said they were 150 dates booked for 2019 also some cruise ship bookings
Cheers
KDF

Thank you for that extra information KDF I am sure it will help others.
Post 19 IP   flag post
clickable text

Nice article, with information about the background to the show.
Post 20 IP   flag post
My pleasure to help
The show is a little bit different to others and a different way to tell their story and I’m sure you will enjoy the it
Cheers
KDF
Post 21 IP   flag post
How long is the show? We will have to stay over when we go to watch it so it doesn't really matter, I just wondered.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Thank you Liz a good read. Even more sorry I’m missing it now. Hope everyone has a good time xx❤️❤️
Post 23 IP   flag post
Maybe you can watch it in 2019 Joy KDF mentions the other dates or you could go on a cruise to watch them❤
Post 24 IP   flag post
That would be fantastic Chris or your second suggestion even better ha ha ! Xx❤️❤️
Post 25 IP   flag post
Hi Chris W,
The show I saw at Blllingham Forum started at 7.30 and finished about 9.20 with a short break in the middle
Cheers
KDF
Post 26 IP   flag post
Thanks for the info KDF 🎸🎸
Post 27 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Great to hear the show is playing to sell outs and that it seems to be so good!! Can't wait though it's a few weeks hence before we see them!! Should be a brilliant night!! Do hope it transfers to the West End!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
I am looking forward to it too DeeDee 🎸🎤🎸🎤
Post 29 IP   flag post
I thought that I'd let the forum know, that this show is touring again next year, starting in April, up to June in the UK.
I'm going to go again, as next year they're doing 3 dates in Scotland, instead of only 1 this year.
If folks are interested, you can see it on Facebook for the whole list of venues.
I have wrestled with my conscience, because of the potential hand of our bete noire, Mr Bekkers, and his involvement in the show, so I leave it up to the forum members to decide whether or not to go.
Post 30 IP   flag post
54033 49 30
destitute