The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

About Us / History Of This Site7480

Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Hope you are doing alright Bert and feeling better xx❤️❤️
Post 51 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Forgot to say that also! this comes with best wishes that you are feeling better and will soon be back to normal!!!
Post 52 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
That goes for me too Bert. Health and happiness to you and your wife🎸
Post 53 IP   flag post
bert private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee
Bert, Just clicked on your www.music.grupello.nl link and it's coming up as "invalid request" and won't go there?? Just thought I would let you know?? Is it because I am in the UK?? Seems strange!!?? Editing this right away as from my reply when I clicked the link I re-typed there, it did connect to your site which I realise I was able to get on before!! Curious!! All this techie stuff certainly challenges me somewhat so hope I just raised a false alarm, sorry!!

Should be no problem DeeDee, I just tried the link you have posted here in your message and it works. Try it again and if it does not work, I'll contact the guy in Holland who takes care of the site. I'm still feeling not 100% , but I'm gonna make it.Have a great weekend y'all.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Tree private msg quote post Address this user
@Bert: Thanks for further confirmation. Martial has tried to come on here to talk about "stories being told" also, and he and his IP were blocked. He is the truest of conmen, and he has others working with him as well.

A reminder to all: When you share videos from his EBI YouTube full again of pirated material which he has put "Everly Brothers International" over, you are potentially helping him get ad revenue for each view.

Large scale infringement criminal. :/

Sorry to see you were unwell. I don't visit forum often enough. Hope you are okay!

Thanks again for further insight!

-Tree

PS: Your Everly Gibson Guitar website works fine for me, too. (From U.S.)
Post 55 IP   flag post

Found on our site here the letter from The Everly Brothers to fans regarding EBI/Martial debacle. Click on it to enlarge and you can zoom in by expanding.

Post 56 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for all of your posts, Bert and everyone, really. Phil would be proud of us, just as we are thrilled with his voice and when harmonizing with brother Don. Also, just as a side note to the earlier post, Walt Disney and Walter Knotts were good friends. Disney almost bought Walt's park to make it into one of his new idea theme park, etc. Disneyland was born. That was Mecca for us kids-teens 'back in the day' even though I've never been west of Niagara Falls, NY. Funny, strange, odd, scary, what a decade does.

1957 - 1963 Elvis, The Everly Brothers (Bryants), 'Buddy' & 'Chuck' launch Rock 'n' Roll and they are the Kings. Dick Clark wants them all on his hot, new TV show.
1959 - 'Buddy' dies.
1964-1974 - The Beatles are the biggest act in the history of show business.
August 1977 - Elvis dies.
September 1983 - Lennon is murdered.
Linda Ronstadt is 71 years old and has Parkinson's Disease.
Paul McCartney is 75.
'Ringo' Starr is 77.
Don Everly is 81.
George Harrison was a heavy smoker.

Not being glum and morbid, but life is short, so let's enjoy every precious day, hour, of life. I sell eyeglasses for a living and the first thing they teach you in Opticianry School is to ask your patient-customers which would you rather have, $10 million and be blind for the rest of your life, or have just enough money to get by on, but have perfect, safe vision forever, high-lighting the miracle of one's two most precious organs, eyes. What good would driving a Rolls-Royce be....you couldn't see to drive. Can't see your fine food, etc. Life goes on. I wish every good health!
Post 57 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
DeeDee! This is what you asked me for!

The recipe is easy and is further down this page! Take with food if only a snack to make sure your digestion is ready to absorb! Since it's an anti inflammatory, it's wonderful for joint pains, arthritis etc, it also is a preventative for some cancers! Cancer loves to grow in inflammation, strangely, we don't always know we have inflammation! It must be made with cold rolled Coconut oil or oil of your choice, freshly ground black pepper. All must be Organic products! These are all available in your local super market, I go to Waitrose! Turmeric is being constructed in this paste because it will remain in our system for approx five hours! If we just drink turmeric or swollow a capsule, it will go through us without staying to do any healing work! Works with most medicines, however some medicines will be overcome by the turmeric and therefore not be as effective. One can often stagger those type
leaving two hours between the Golden Paste and certain conventional medicine! Hope this is helpful to you DeeDee!

Welcome to the Turmeric User Group, an international group for humans and animals.

If you're new to turmeric, PLEASE BE AWARE that it is not compatible with all medications. If you are taking prescription medications, tell us before starting to use golden paste, or turmeric in any form. We can help with medication interactions.

Turmeric is not a fad. Nor is it a supplement, nor a homeopathic remedy. Turmeric is a food with thousands of years of documented use. It's the most widely used spice in India and other parts of Asia, and is an integral part of the folk medicine tradition in both India and China.

Turmeric must be consumed with some form of fat or oil in order to be absorbed. It is not water soluble and will simply be eliminated if no fat is present. Adding freshly ground black pepper extends the time that it's active in your body.

We strongly suggest using turmeric in the form of Golden Paste, as it includes all the ingredients that make turmeric both well absorbed and bioavailable. It needs to be consumed in or with food (since it’s a food itself) in order to take best advantage of the digestive processes.

DIRECTIONS FOR USING GOLDEN PASTE (recipe is below):

For adults and older children, start with 1/4 tsp twice daily in, or at least with, food.

Most dogs can start with the same amount. Small dogs and cats should start with no more than 1/8 tsp.

For everyone, after 4-5 days you can increase the amount and/or the frequency. Wait 4-5 days in between each increase. If you experience gas, bloating, loose stools or other digestive upsets, reduce the amount and/or frequency.

There is no specific maximum, but we recommend no more than about 3 teaspoons per day. Turmeric is metabolized fairly quickly even when consumed with pepper, so it's better to have small amounts often.

Some dogs and a few horses may develop a 'cat pee' odor after starting turmeric or golden paste. If this happens, you can add a tablespoon of Ceylon cinnamon to a batch of golden paste. This will eliminate, or at least reduce, the odor.

If you are using any prescription medication, it would be a good idea to consult your doctor before adding any biologically active foods like turmeric to your diet. You can check our file on interactions as well, but don't assume that something is not a problem just because you don't find it there. We can't cover everything.

TO PREPARE GOLDEN PASTE:

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup (65-70g, or about 2.6 oz dry weight) turmeric powder
1-2 cups (250-500ml) water (use half the total amount to begin with and have the other half ready if needed)
1/3 cup (70ml) unrefined coconut, virgin olive or linseed oil (you can use salmon oil for dogs, if you prefer, but please see the note below)
3 tsp (about 7g) freshly ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS:
Combine the turmeric and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to keep the mixture at a simmer, and cook for 7-10 minutes. Stir frequently to keep from sticking, and add more water as needed to keep it to a paste consistency. The exact thickness isn't important--you can adjust that to your preference.

Remove it from the heat and allow it to cool until the pan is just warm to the touch. Add the oil and pepper and stir thoroughly until they are completely mixed in. Store in a clean jar (you can sterilize it if you like) in the coldest part of the refrigerator. It should keep for about two weeks. If you see any sign of mold, or notice an 'off' flavor, discard and make a new batch.

If you know you won't use all of it within two weeks, you can freeze half for later us.

NOTE: all fish oils become rancid very quickly after being opened. We recommend either freezing the golden paste if you make it with salmon or another fish oil, or adding the oil when you feed the paste. The paste will keep only a few days in the fridge if you make it with fish oil.
DeeDee, I make two batches together now I'm used to making it and I share out the GP into small plastic containers, about ten of them with lids! All but one are put in the freezer while the first is popped into the fridge. As soon as the first is almost finished, out comes the next and so it goes on until I make the next batch!

I can now go on our country walks without the ghastly painful grinding in my hips after two traumatic falls! It's just wonderful! Muscle ache, of course is normal after not walking for quite some time!

Do hope this will be useful to you and anyone else! Love xxxxx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See our files (Files tab at the top of the page) and our website for additional resources. You can use the search bar at the top of the page to look for previous posts on any subject you're interested in know about.

Getting Started: http://www.turmericlife.com.au/getting-started/
Feeding Dogs: http://www.turmericlife.com.au/turmeric-dogs
Feeding Horses: http://www.turmericlife.com.au/turmeric-for-horses/how-to-feed-turmeric-for-horses/
Trusted Suppliers: http://turmericlife.com.au/business-directory/
Post 58 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee
Hello Jean, I have never heard of the Turmeric recipe you mention but take quite a few of Dr's Best daily for health! I would be interested in your recipe tho'! Do you think it is better than the tablets which are of course v convenient? If only maybe Phil could have tried this regime it might just have strengthened his poorly lungs but it is a lesson to all to lay off the cigarettes as he seemed so healthy in earlier years and all that singing should have been good for his lungs in that he was using them to their full capacity which so few of us do in normal life!! Re family problems, I so agree that if any of us had to live our whole lives in the public gaze and all our arguments and spats were made public we wouldn't look perfect either! As I keep saying, it's the music that is sublime and we have to thank the Everlys every day for that wonderful legacy that we can all share in!

DeeDee
I Have sent you what you asked for! I hope you will find it. I saw it on the front but didn't see it inside, so I have posted it, in one or two above this! It's devinately been posted! xxx
Post 59 IP   flag post
DeeDee, hope you've found it, it's just above your post here? xxx
Post 60 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
It's taken me quite a while to read through all the posts on this thread.
I joined the site, as i had watched the video of Phil welcoming people, so i felt comfortable that it was an official site.
I know now, thanks to Tree, that a lot of the videos from YouTube may/have been " altered" by EBI, so i will be careful in future before picking one to post on this site.
Thanks for all the background information from Tree and Rosie.
When all's said and done, all that anyone on this site wants is to celebrate the work of two enormously talented brothers, who have never been surpassed , and never will be.

On a footnote, i see from posts on Facebook, concerning the currently touring Walk Right Back show, based on the Everly Brothers, that Mr Bekkers has been commenting on it, presumably trying to get a finger in that pie, if they take the show over to the Netherlands or Europe.
I'm going to see the show in Dundee on 23rd May i know that it's not going to be the REAL thing, but as i never got to see Don and Phil live in concert, this is my substitute.
Post 61 IP   flag post
@Liz58: Oh no. Will have to notify the Walk Right Back folks not to fall prey to that. Thanks for pointing out! Eesh.

Cling-ons trying to take advantage of talents abound.

Yes. At the end of the day as long as people are not trying to profit off of someone else's labors, somewhere to share and celebrate those that have brought them joy is all that matters.

Thank you!

-Tree
Post 62 IP   flag post
The addictive love of money is the root of all evil. A person has to be careful that they own it, and that it doesn't own you.
Post 63 IP   flag post
rosiebarm2 private msg quote post Address this user
GOOD INFO HERE ITS A SHAME THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE SO GREEDY.
BUT HAPPY TO SEE SO MANY DEVOTED AND TRUE FANS OF OUR EVERLY BROTHERS

WHEN I FIRST SIGNED ON MANY YEARS AGO, I THINK I WAS THE 3 PERSON TO MAKE A COMMENT ON LINE, NOT FAMALIAR I RESPONDED TO A MESSAGE AND EVIDENTLY I SAID THE WRONG THING. HE REPLIED RATHER NASTY, AND UPON NOTIFYING THE SITE OWNERS , THEY KICKED HIM OFF AND THUS I BEGAN TO HELP WITH THE SITE. IT TOOK FOREVER AND EVER FOR US FAITHFUL FANS TO KNOW WHO THIS TREE REALLY WAS - MAN OR WOMAN- BUT MY ONLINE BUDDY BILLIE AND A FEW OTHERS, WE KEPT ON AND ON TRYING TO FIGURE AND BINGO WE FOUND OUT. GUESS BETWEEN BILLIE AND I ,and A FEW OTHER WE KEPT WATCH FOR BEEKER AND HIS GROUP SINCE WE KNEW HOW MUCH OF A CROOK HE WAS. I have made many friends here, only wish I could meet them in person. hope this site, honoring the boys, continues for many more years BOTH DON AND PHIL and their family . we can never forget you
Post 64 IP   flag post
Hello again Bert I think I will be able to get onto your site using the link so thanks again and excuse my hopelessness with things internet! I will photograph my guitar again and check the serial number etc! It is great that you started this Club for Gibson owners!! GOOD HEALTH TO YOU AND GLAD YOU ARE FEELING A LITTLE BETTER!
Post 65 IP   flag post
Oops, just tried to add a post but think I was on the first page so it hasn't appeared! Just to thank everyone for the turmeric recipe etc and say that you are doing a great job to the people who look after this wonderful and ever[ly] interesting site! I think by the way I can get the link to your guitar club to work Bert so will photograph my Gibson again a bit closer and check it's serial number etc and try again!
Post 66 IP   flag post
Double oops, I re-typed a version of the above as I didn't think it had been posted cos I typed it on the wrong page!! Sorry to repeat myself!! You can tell I am a newby!!!!!
Post 67 IP   flag post
Gosh, Just read the letter above from Don and Phil about that awful Bekkers person! How terrible that they had to do that and that he is still a thorn in the side of everyone who loves the Everlys to this day over 20 years later!! Sounds like a real con man it seems!! Some people never learn!! truth and honesty cost nothing but it seems some will sell their souls for a quick buck!!
Post 68 IP   flag post
You are a Founding Member of this site, Rosie and it might not even be here if it wasn't for you and some others. Thank you!!
Post 69 IP   flag post
Thanks to Jean for the turmeric recipe!! very kind to go to all that bother! V much appreciated!
Post 70 IP   flag post
You're welcome DeeDee! xxx
Post 71 IP   flag post
RicardoAPriori private msg quote post Address this user
Thanx "Tree" [Rosie, Mike, Craig & all] for all the recent updates info!

[As mentioned elsewhere, been away for some time and sure got a lot of catching up to do.]

Post 72 IP   flag post
Thanks to YOU, Ricardo, as always, for your great input.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Nice to hear from you again Ricardo. Hope all is good with you xx❤️❤️
Post 74 IP   flag post
Sorry Jean, I have no info re Phil's medical condition and only saw the transplant mentioned further up this topic It sounds like a serious procedure and I expect with Phil's lung condition is was a long shot If only he was still here! Such a sad loss to the music world and all his fans! Gone far too soon!
Post 75 IP   flag post
DarrenGreenwood private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you setting up this site for and about the Brothers and their respective families
Post 76 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome Darren. Good to have another guy on this site. 😊
Post 77 IP   flag post
53641 77 27
destitute