The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

About Us / History Of This Site7480

Tree private msg quote post Address this user
As it has been brought up and asked so many times now by new members:

I started the site for the family at their request because everly.net / "EBI International" was falsely representing themselves as being affiliated with family. I worked in band management and marketing and grew up down the street from and went to school with Don's kids. My best friend's dad recorded with them, produced Albert Lee's album, and managed The Palomino and band where they played on occasion.

"Everly Brothers International/EBI" aka "EverlyNet" aka "Martial Bekkers" was, as explained to me, robbing the family and fans and making bootleg recordings and selling unauthorized merch they had created themselves on site but claiming to be "official" site. The family addressed with lawyers (many of you have seen the letters, etc.) but because of their location on globe (Netherlands) their country does not enforce proprietary or copyright laws. So this site was asked to be created as the*actual OFFICIAL/ endorsed Everly Brothers' site.

I helped Don's kids with marketing, bookings, etc. for many years. Did all work pro bono for all, as friends. For they and Phil, and with approval of and at request of Phil's family, I created everlybrothers.net/ com. (See welcome video from Phil on our home page at everlyfans.com) This was the only official website approved and endorsed by The Everly Brothers.

I produced a concert for family at their request, in Nashville, that included Everly family and friends. Mainly, personally, because the late Billie Ledune, who was their biggest fan and most active member here with our Rosie, and whom I had met in Chicago, was unfortunately very ill along with Phil, and was going to TN for show. People came from around globe for show and to rally around Billie. We sadly lost both she and Phil after show but have lovely pictures, videos, and memories from that day,

After Nashville Don's youngest decided he wanted site for himself and to make it subscription site, so I gave it to him, but he did not want to keep this forum or site design. So I gave him rights to everlybrothers.net URL and they used all my bio info/site build, etc.

He did not want to take members from here with him or the forum, or all the graphic design done, so site went dark. After hundreds of emails from members of forum I brought it back at their request on URL everlyfans.com

Because we just do this for the fans/ out of courtesy, we unfortunately do not have a lot of spare time to invest in moderating and answering questions, etc.

So there it is and remains. Myself and Mike Wilt of NinjaPost (who also attended the family/friends show and has been *OVERLY gracious to help keep site going for all of you) absorb the costs ourselves so as to not let all the fans down and to lose all the pictures, videos, and connections made.

This site wants nothing to do with drama, in fighting of family members or other sites, rumor, innuendo, or profiteering. It simply remains for you, the fans, at your insistance.

And it also remains in honor of Phil, as was only site anyone official endorsed and was a part of.

Special thanks to Rosie for all her help with moderating, etc. ❀

-Tree/Admin
Post 1 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
Hello again Tree, what an amazing story as to how this great forum came to be, and it's resurrection and all that has led to it's continuing success!
Really so, so good of you to do all this work for the love of the Everlys and their music!
Can you tell me if there is a recording/video of the Nashville Concert you mention so fondly above? That sounds like an emotional and fabulous night!
Thank you again for meaning this site is here and For-Everly!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you to everyone who puts their heart, soul, time and money in to keeping this alive! I wonder if the family members stop by from time to time to read the forum.
Post 3 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
We love you Tree ❀ You and Mike have kept this beautiful Everly island from being washed away. Those of us that attended the 3rd & Lindsey show will always be grateful of meeting you, Mike and the other members from around the world who are still very close friends. Keep safe my friend❀
Post 4 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Tree. I have been on this site for about a year and everyone has been very welcoming. I knew of most of what you have written but it was good to fill in the holes. I am so pleased you manage to keep it free from charge, much appreciated. I am pleased it is here in honour of Phil who endorsed the site I only wish I could have been on site years ago when Phil used to come on and comment.

I have done some research on the Nashville concert but I appreciate Tree not wanting some things on this site. I can send it to members via a private message. Unless Tree will allow me to put it on the site.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hello ChrisW I do hope you can publish your research on the Nashville concert as it sounds fascinating!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Was such an honor to meet and get to know you too @MeFloody. ❀ Sorry I missed you and your lovely wife last Chicago visit. Much love and respect for you guys, too! Hope your son's musical career is continuing to excel!!

I actually have a few copies of Nashville concert but hesitated giving them to anyone but family and posting videos online as everything gets bootlegged by "EBI International". There are a few clips online.

Phil had just undergone bone marrow transplant and was not well enough to attend that day as we had hoped, and Don was invited but did not show. But Phil's wife and many of the children, grandchildren, cousins were there along with family friendsl/performers, from The Tubes' founder, Bill Spooner, to Britt Ronstadt, Candi Carpenter, Dolly Parton's bass player, cast members of ABC show "Nashville", etc. etc.

I also brought on **plug** a little 8-year-old Marisa McKaye who was a friend of my friends (the producer aforementioned) who you may have seen on last season's "America's Got Talent". Keep an eye on her. Amazing young singer/songwriter!

But you can find a few odd clips of show and rehearsals on YouTube. I hesitate to make whole recording available to anyone that was not there, though, for purposes mentioned above. Patty Everly also recorded.

Glad this site remains for all.

I do know the family frequents this site and have been given corrections by Don and others so,... Thus wanting to keep the site drama free, as I am sure he understandably wants to keep his life. (As do I!) But they do read your posts on occasion, at least.

-Tree
Post 7 IP   flag post
I have the dvd show-video that Tree got produced, I'm not sure if that's still available but if not I have my own (poor) video of the show that I took if that helps😊
Post 8 IP   flag post
DeeDee,

MeFloody and is wonderful wife attended the concert all the way from Australia.

I would rather not have too much video of it made public bit we did all upload/share many pix and such to this very site here, of same.

-Tree
Post 9 IP   flag post
TREE Rose and Bill Murray have the super-star son and came from Australia. But who can blame you for the confusion; there were a lot of accents in that club that afternoon πŸ˜„β€
Post 10 IP   flag post
Mike/MeFloody,

Due to beginning of video and nerves and goofs of lyrics, it has been asked that video not be shared. Sorry. You know nerves with not knowing who would show that night and other factors caused forgotten/ wrong lyrics, incessant tuning, etc. at start, at least.

Some clips have been shared, though. But due to many factors it was asked by several parties that it not be made public. I gave copies of same to the people who attended and family.

Thank you, though!!! πŸ’“

-Tree
Post 11 IP   flag post
rosiebarm2 private msg quote post Address this user
@Tree gee,thanks Tree, for all you and Mike have done . We had some tough times, but it was all worth it. And I remember how I almost got in trouble and PHIL HAD TO COME and solve it all lol yes they were the good times and I remember how you would have to remind me and BILLIE to behave. SUCH GOOD MEMORIES Even Phil was active on the site, giving his little comments. And don's son EDAN was a regular ,POSTING when he was not on tour, Such memories.

but times goes on and I wish to thank a few members who , joined and help me keep the site going. Glad to see some of the old members back and glad to see so many new members,

I don't post as much as I did before but do read the post from others, but guess I will be on line until who knows .
Post 12 IP   flag post
@MeFloody:

Oh gosh! It was Bill. I knew that! Please ignore my early Alzheimer's.

-Tree
Post 13 IP   flag post
You are all such lovely people and I would love to see anything from this concert that is in the public domain or that you would share! Poor Phil having had a bone marrow transplant...if only that had worked and he had been spared! It's a shame that Don did not attend but doubtless he had his reasons! It must be so wearing being in the public eye all the time and I guess he has just had enough of that to last him for his lifetime? Nice that other family members were there however Thank you again for the informative comments Just seen the posts [2 or so above] and fully understand that the video might show people who messed up a tad and so don't want those goofy moments up there for posterity!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
annefrances private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you so much for the history of this site. I was one that was scammed by Martial and I have no respect for him or his site. I was so happy when I found this...but, then some negative stuff all geared toward Don really got to me. I feel we should be respectful to the all the Everly Family. So, I am glad to see this post!
Thanks to Rosie for all she has done too..She is a realy sweetheart!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
I hope you can too Chris!

Thank you to Admin. you help to keep us all together! So many of us we found, have been happily married for many, many years, have families and grand children, and our own businesses! Some of us very sadly have lost a long time husband or wife!

This really is simply to explain that although we have our own lives, the love we have for The Everly Brothers and their delectable harmonious harmonies with their unique vocal blend has been with us all of our lives!

It's natural we had and still have a care about their personal lives. Their lives and famous split were played out in public as is any court action taken both then and now! We feel for Don losing his brother! No matter how many fights they have had, their lives were close to the point of being stifling at times!

However, Phil will always be part of Don for as long as Don lives! Don will rarely be able to have a thought about his own past without Phil being somewhere in that thought! Memories of wrongs never righted are a painful open wound! We cared for them both and still do and we know that Phil's illness went deep within Don! How could it not have?

We are so thankful for DVD's and CD's where Don and Phil are still alive and singing! Does this comfort Don or it this painful? Who knows?

Thank you again Admin. Tree, Rosie and Mike. We so appreciate your efforts! God Bless. xxxxx
Post 16 IP   flag post
Gosh, all those allusions to mystery people?? Who is/was Martial? Sounds like he wasn't someone you would want to know! I am sorry to ask so many questions but it sounds like there was a lot going on with other sites who were intent on spoiling everything for genuine fans? I will stick with this one as it is peopled by such genuine sounding and nice participants!! I do so little online Thankfully no facebook, twitter, linkdin or whatever so was very wary about joining this forum but must admit I feel quite comfortable posting and reading what others have to say!! It's all such a minefield online as recent events have shown re information not being secure etc This feels like such a happy place to share our common bond of loving the music of the Everly Brothers! Anyway, thanks again to Tree and others for making this such a friendly and positive experience!
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Rosie: Love you, dear!! ❀

@Annefrances: Anything negative you see please let me know via private message right away and I will remove it. This is not the place for gossip, rumor, lies, etc. Please let me know, as Rosie does, if you see anything inappropriate. I don't see posts often but I get notified of private messages immediately.

Thank you!!!!

-Tree
Post 18 IP   flag post
Tree, Joan and I must have added to your confusion by traveling to Chicago via Australia last year πŸ˜†
Post 19 IP   flag post
@MeFloody: Ohhhhh!!! Well, I am easily confused, anymore!!
Post 20 IP   flag post
annefrances private msg quote post Address this user
Thank You Tree I will !
Post 21 IP   flag post
@DeeDee:

Everly.net is Martial Bekkers and his son and they falsely call themselves "EBI" or "Everly Brothers Internatiomal".

They make a living pretending to be affiliated with Everly Brothers and selling bootlegged recordings, a fake newsletter, etc. They use pictures of themselves at meet and greets to allege they know family. Legal letter from Phil and Don regarding same was circulating for a long time. I'm sure there are copies of it on this site.

Looks like he now takes money via Kickstarters and GoFundMe for his self-burned compilations he then sells to unknowing fans who think they are getting some rare recordings. Anything you get from EverlyNet is a burned (self made) ripoff. They steal from the family and fans.

Problem lies in his country (Netherlands) not prosecuting him and his affilates.

They have tried to infiltrate this site several times. 😑
Post 22 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Tree Mike and Rosie. I just want to say a huge Thank You for all your efforts and hard work. I really appreciate it. Xx❀️❀️
Post 23 IP   flag post
Tree -

Martial is also selling on Amazon.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Amazon, even,,... Grrrr. 😑😑 Well, hopefully someone with clout manages to get it pulled. One of the biggest criminals on the planet. Awful.
Post 25 IP   flag post
He almost got me. I was going to buy an Everly Brothers book from him until the good people on this forum clued me in to his reputation.
Post 26 IP   flag post
rosiebarm2 private msg quote post Address this user
@Tree I ,too, have a copy of the recording -AND a much read book of the EVERLY Bro and am shocked at the price of the book, as we only paid around 10 - l5 dollars.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Lot of people being scammed by him for many, many years.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Gosh, this Martial chap sounds like a real piece of work!! I have just bought a copy of Walk right back from Amazon so hope it is not a fake!!! How do you know if it is him selling? What a minefield and he seems to be an inveterate fraudster! Where does he live that the authorities will not act!! It's terrible that he can sell cheap knock-offs as genuine memorabilia!! He should be exposed and stopped!! I collect some Everly Brothers programmes, posters etc when I see them for sale and hope all of this is genuine??? which country does he put this stuff up for sale through or does he have another site that sells things? I imagine ebay will have his busy little fingers all over it too>> Sigh,,,isn't it awful that there are so many rogues out there!! The Everlys and their estates deserve all that is rightfully theirs It makes you so mad that scummy people like him carry on with their nefarious actions for such a long time unchecked!!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee
You are all such lovely people and I would love to see anything from this concert that is in the public domain or that you would share! Poor Phil having had a bone marrow transplant...if only that had worked and he had been spared! It's a shame that Don did not attend but doubtless he had his reasons! It must be so wearing being in the public eye all the time and I guess he has just had enough of that to last him for his lifetime? Nice that other family members were there however Thank you again for the informative comments Just seen the posts [2 or so above] and fully understand that the video might show people who messed up a tad and so don't want those goofy moments up there for posterity!!

DeeDee! Do you or anybody else know when Phil had his bone marrow transplant?
This is the first I've heard of it! Usually it's when one suffers Leukemia isn't it? So dreadfully sorry it didn't work, such procedures are usually pretty good but Phil's lungs were giving out! Phil had three close candidates for doning the bone marrow! Don. Jason and Christopher! Is it known who? xxx
Post 30 IP   flag post
53641 77 30
destitute