The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
"Gone, gone, gone" used in the Simpsons cartoon this evening
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Goodness! MeFloody, We never know where they're recordings will turn up next! Fairly few and far between, but so nice when we do hear them! xxx
Post 2 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Was it a new episode or a rerun? I'm trying to find it on Youtube.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Ha ha you’re just a youngster at heart Mike. I watch a programme on BBC2 called Back in time for tea where a family live through different decades eating dressing working etc a couple of weeks ago it was the late 1950s and you could just hear Dream in the background of a factory scene xx❤️❤️
Post 4 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
MeFloody one of my all time favourite songs, I love it. There are quite a few live performances, I like this one because of the energy of Phil and Don, moving from one microphone to the other. The girls......I try to look past them!! haha

I had an alternative take from another show until very recently when it expired.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I almost always like their songs sung live better than recorded. They bring more energy to it and Don was always tweaking them to keep things interesting.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I love this version of 'Gone Gone Gone' Chris! Pure professional live performers! It was never my favourite recording but this version sounds and looks just great! xxx
Post 7 IP   flag post
Redhead, I think that's why I love the 'Reunion Concert' and 'Live at Her Majesty's' Seeing and hearing the boys sing live so beautifully, so many songs coming one after the other on 'reunion' after such a long break, well, I'm just so proud of them! xxx
Post 8 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts -

My best example is I Wonder If I'll Care As Much. I do not like the recorded version when they were teens at all. But when they do it live as adults I love it! Don slows it down and tweaks the melody. Love it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Ah! Redhead, I'm so with you there! I thought the original recording rather dull! Again it's sung in the 'reunion' and their harmony blends to the slightly slower tempo bringing out the melody lost in the original recording! Their voices had mellowed so the song does not sound so shrill either!
Their vocals matured like fine wine! Ha! Ha! True! xxx
Post 10 IP   flag post
52988 10 10
destitute