Post 2 IP   flag post
Phil111 private msg quote post Address this user
wow I love this picture thank so much for sharing this
Post 3 IP   flag post
i love phil look
Post 4 IP   flag post
bert private msg quote post Address this user
Got the info : Lou Adler and Shelley Fabares wedding in 1964. Lou Adler was the owner of Ode Record Company,. Don released his first solo album on Ode. Phil became very mad,'cause he wasn't informed by Don about this solo project and also Lou did not tell him anything. Can imagine how he must have felt when this solo project was released !
Post 5 IP   flag post
in the photo phil look mad
Post 6 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I have only known about this photo for a couple of years and at that time I knew it was Lou Adler's wedding.

I know that when Phil found out about Lou and Don doing that album together he was very hurt, he called time on his friendship with Lou and I think you can tell how hurt Phil was in the interview at the airport in Australia in 1971. The photos from the interview are so telling too. I do wonder if at that time Phil wanted to walk away from The Everly Brothers as a duo.
Post 7 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Some photos taken from the interview in Australia:

Phil manages a smile

This is how Don looked

I find it very poor that Don would treat his own brother like that.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Well bert and Chris, this is back stabbing of a very humiliating kind! Best friend and brother! Like children in a playground! What kind of contempt did Don feel against Phil? And why? What a pity it could not have been talked over! Seems things was so fraught, common decency flew out of the window!

Phil always seems to be very forgiving! xxx
Post 9 IP   flag post
Phil not really wanted to talk about it when I visited him years later in his home in LA. The early seventies wasn't a good time for Phil. A lot of problems between them recording the "Stories" album, Don came out with his solo project, Phil said about "Pass the Chicken" We were just trying to get back home and kind of did it...I think we could have picked better songs..He was hardly involved in it was a Chet-Don project.Here are the songs....sing your harmony brother.I think it all was the beginnin' of the break.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Don's treatment to Phil was pretty shoddy! I wonder Phil stayed to take such unjust punishment? What had he done to deserve it? xxx
Post 11 IP   flag post
We will never know Jean what was going on between them in those days. But working so hard, touring, recording, performing, traveling it was a heavy load for them also because their REAL success was gone and in the late sixties they played small venues instead of these crowded places. Rose told Don in the early days, that he could make it as a solo artist, didn't need his brother. Boudleaux took Phil "under his wings" and wrote "Devoted to you" with a harmony part that he wrote especially for Phil to shine.Margaret told me, many many stories what was going on in those days. It wasn't always glitter and glamour.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Who is Rose bert? The publisher?
All this was in the very early days, the back biting must have gone on from way back. It's a long time! Seems if management could split them while they were popular, there would be double chunks of the cake!
What greedy vipers management can be! It's said when best friends quarrel, there is someone in between them! So it seems with Don and Phil. Causing them to fight could have been a way of cutting the cake in half. Therefore making the two halves a whole and hoping for 2 big star!

They were brothers very close in age, not quite two years! They would have fought like any other brothers. However, instead of growing up and growing out of that stage, the fights started to become bitter due to so much pressure!

I do wonder what Don thinks of it all now! He has much more time to contemplate the past! Does he wish Phil was still here? Even if they saw little of each other! Actually having Phil die is quite something else! Maybe Don feels he can now be benevolent!

Why does so much astounding art come out of agony? xxx
Post 13 IP   flag post
Indeed Wesley Rose Jean.It' was a( and probably still is) a hard world. But in those days everything was new for Don and Phil. It all happened overnight, they were just kids and all men around them were older and had experience in business. Where money comes in the jackal is not far away !
Post 14 IP   flag post
So true bert! Then in the beginning of the 60's they tried to make marriages work but they were never at home to keep the marriages going! Phil's wife Jackie, no doubt knew a little more about the down side of the business and wanted Phil to give up touring! Understandable, however, she knew Phil's career necessitated touring when they married! Don and Phil tried taking their wives on tour with them! This must have been so difficult. The two wife's didn't get on too well! The boys must have felt like they were being pulled from all sides! When Phil and Jackie had Jason, the wives had something in common as Don and Venitia had two daughters by then, they started to enjoyed a nicer friendship, so I heard!
For the boys, it must have been like juggling to keep everything in the air for fear it would come crashing down! ......and so it went on to divorces........ xxx
Post 15 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert

Nice photo Bert, especially of Phil, pin smart as usual. Seeing the bridesmaids dresses and hairstyles made me smile, as they were exactly like the dresses and hairstyles that I wore when I was bridesmaid on three seperate occasions at the weddings of three of my siblings, back in the sixties.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Nice photos Chris. Don looks so sad in his. It cannot have been an easy life for either of them and I do hope Don has found contentment now, he certainly deserves happiness after all the happiness he has unselfishly given to all of us his devoted fans.❤️❤️
Post 17 IP   flag post
52988 17 17
destitute