Post 3 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSmwuC12WCU
Post 4 IP   flag post
bert private msg quote post Address this user
Not available Craig.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks and sorry, Bert. I give up trying to show youtube sites! In any event, it was a solo by Don singing "When I Stop Dreaming." Good country blues.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Craig, there's 2 that i could see on YouTube, hope you like this one.
Post 7 IP   flag post
This is such a beautiful song and that intro.....when I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-stop dreaming, just unbelievable ! Well Craig you can enjoy it now and thanks for posting again Liz58
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thanks Liz & Bert, you tech-savvy people, you! Wow, I learned something (as always)....Ira & Charlie Louvin....I should have known / suspected. Yes, heard Don twice on YouTube with this song. Country blues, big time. Haverford College, decades ago, had Bill Monroe and The Bluegrass Boys there for a concert and we were lucky enough to be let in down to their dressing rooms and he is a wizard with the mandolin and had a young boy(?) who played the fiddle like nobody's business. Unreal. probably grew up playing it as a youngster in the mountains. The sophisticated, cultured audience was spellbound with Blue Moon of Kentucky and In The Pines.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Craig, much as I like Don's version of "When I stop dreaming". I do prefer The Louvin Brothers version, (it was their song after all) and it gives me goosebumps. Don must have been a fan of Ira and Charlie's, he recorded several of their songs notably "Every time you Leave"- duet with Emmy Lou Harris. Now that is really beautiful. I love the Louvin Brothers, they wrote such terrific songs and Ira's tenor was sublime, as were their harmonies.❤️
Post 10 IP   flag post
Don and Emmy Lou... I know this was posted recently, but...❤️
Post 11 IP   flag post
Agreed, Roxy. The Louvin Brothers are fantastic. Country harmony and I believe that Ike and his boys learned from them and admired them a lot and there is an interview somewhere out there where Don & Phil say as much re the ol' radio days, etc.

Thanks, Craig
Post 12 IP   flag post
That is interesting, I have heard Don and Phil mention Lefty Frizzell, The Delmore and Monroe Brothers and a few others - names escape me just now, but not the Louvins. (Not that I have heard every interview or read every article about Don and Phil.) I am pleased that they both appreciated them. I do remember one interview where Don mentioned that when driving he always turned the car radio on to the Country and Western channels. Of course that is a large part of his family background and you can hear the Country influence especially in their early songs. 😀
Post 13 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by craiglhope
Thanks Liz & Bert, you tech-savvy people, you! Wow, I learned something (as always)....Ira & Charlie Louvin....I should have known / suspected. Yes, heard Don twice on YouTube with this song. Country blues, big time. Haverford College, decades ago, had Bill Monroe and The Bluegrass Boys there for a concert and we were lucky enough to be let in down to their dressing rooms and he is a wizard with the mandolin and had a young boy(?) who played the fiddle like nobody's business. Unreal. probably grew up playing it as a youngster in the mountains. The sophisticated, cultured audience was spellbound with Blue Moon of Kentucky and In The Pines.

Phil also played the Mandolin Craig. Amazing how many instruments they could play. Phil also played the double bass. I have seen photos of both of them sat at a piano so maybe they could play that too.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Wow, thanks for that info, Chris. There's something I didn't know, but not surprising, indeed.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all!

I stopped getting my new thread and other notifications a couple of days ago so came to see if there had been any activity and there has been. I checked my settings and I am still signed up for all of the notifications. Any idea how to make sure I get the new thread notification emails again?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Hi Redhead,
Several weeks ago I had the same problem. For several days I thought wow no new Threads ?? But when I checked... yes there was a lot going on these four days. I deleted all preferences and typed them in again and the problem was solved,...hope this might help.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I have had to reset my settings a couple of times. No idea why but if everything is silent for a couple of days then that seems to be the problem.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Chris and Craig :I have to go through my files (over 2500 photo's) and find that photo where Phil is playing a banjo on the tour bus.If it "pops up" I'll post it.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Bert -
Yep, still no notifications at all, not even your reply here. I have to log on all day to see anything new.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I will look forward to seeing that photo Bert. I know how hard it is to find some photos some times. I think I have it saved until a great title until I can't find it next time!!! haha
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead1966
Yep, still no notifications at all, not even your reply here. I have to log on all day to see anything new.

In your settings Redhead try 'un-ticking' everything then re-tick them all again. You possibly will have tried this already, it is worth a try if not.
Post 22 IP   flag post
ChrisW -

I tried that - no luck.

I finally had all notifications sent to a different email address and that did the trick.

Thanks for the help!
Post 23 IP   flag post
I had forgotten about this photo Bobby.

I have this scene in my mind where the EBs are in a studio and all the instruments are there and the rest of the band start playing and Phil and Don pick up an instrument and play it a short time, then choose another and so on. Now that would be great to see and funny too because they would make it so. If only
Post 24 IP   flag post
Yep that's the photo BobbyBri that I was looking for!! And Redhed great that you found a solution !!
Post 25 IP   flag post
52989 27 25
destitute