Rare : "To Show I Love You"7368

bert private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNOcxtJkF_c
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Where did you find this one Bert? Nice, very Everly! xxx
Post 2 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Lovely Bert, nice to hear this one again.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I have it in my youtube file Jean.
Post 4 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, I thought I knew a lot, but y'all are educating me, indeed. This was written by Tony Hatch who also did "I Know a Place" and "Downtown" for Petula Clark. I believe that Peter & Gordon (who I like) had a mild hit with it, also. When did Don & Phil cover this, Bert, or anyone....1980's , 1994 LP on Rhino, maybe......?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
It’s from Susie Q, 1995
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks, Jane. They had all kinds of LPs from whomever as the years rolled on.......
Post 7 IP   flag post
Craig :The song was recorded on May second 1965 ( also "Kiss Your Man Goodbye" was recorded on that day)and released on an LP called Susie Q on Magnum Force only in the UK (!)( indeed Jane) and also on the CD's : Heartaches & Harmonies, Susie Q and on the CD box: The price of fame.
Detail : Tony Hatch said: he does not recall having written that song ?? So he did not receive any royalties on this one ... if he had received money he would remember I guess. Strange isn't it ?
Post 8 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I have the "Susie Q" vinyl there are some good songs on it. I have a few obscure albums, one was all of 50p!!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry the date I gave should read 1965 not 1995, too late to edit it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Gadzooks, Bert and all the others, there is nothing y'all don't know! You're walking Everypedias. O.K. So it was 1965. Cleared that up and even then had "special" albums only in England. Maybe because the were always, always liked there, no matter what the year.

Interesting tony Hatch detail. Remembering, or not remembering, Songs, money, etc. Then again Mick Jagger said that he doesn't recall much of the 1970's. "It was all like some kind of fog." Not sure if that was some kind of PR utterance, or it was true. never sure with him, either.

Thanks, C.
Post 11 IP   flag post
52337 11 11
destitute