The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Memories Are Made of This7365

Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

Another one not often played by the dear old BBC.
Incidentally Joy, no record on BBC site of Bill Kenwright playing Some Sweet Day last week....I thought all would be listed on the artists page? Never mind, let's see what happens on the next show.
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Sir Tim Rice said 'This was the perfect pop tune, sung perfectly'
Post 2 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Yes he did play it it was the 7 th song on so probably about26 mins into programme. He played Memories are Made of This just after the sad passing of Phil was announced He said he’d picked it before he’d heard the sad news. He also played Air That I Breath by Phil in that programme as a special tribute xxx❤️❤️
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
So nice Tim Rise played a special tribute record at Phil's passing! I wonder if later he thought 'All I need is the Air that I Breath' may not have been quite an appropriate title?

Glad it's not just me who puts their foot in it! xxx
Post 4 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Jean, I never realised the pathos in that choice until you pointed it out. Certainly some thing I would do.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Jean it was Bill Kenwright who played Memories and Air That I Breath not Tim Rice. Bill did say although his show is 50 early 60 he was playing that as it’s such a beautiful recording of Phils all Be it from the 70 xx❤️❤️
Post 6 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Thank, so much, Liz. "It's Everly Time." Close you eyes and pick any song off that album. Probably the best LP ever from anyone, anywhere IMHO. Summer 1960. Top of their game. Their first WB LP. Saved Warner Brothers. Those songs summed up and were the essence of those times, 'back in the day.' They were / are/ will always be, perfection.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz58

Another one not often played by the dear old BBC.
Incidentally Joy, no record on BBC site of Bill Kenwright playing Some Sweet Day last week....I thought all would be listed on the artists page? Never mind, let's see what happens on the next show.

Liz, here is the playlist for last Tuesday’s programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01b65dk
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeFloody
Jean, I never realised the pathos in that choice until you pointed it out. Certainly some thing I would do.

Oh Dear! Seems there is a group of us who put their foot in it! The more careful we are the worse it becomes! xxx
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb
Jean it was Bill Kenwright who played Memories and Air That I Breath not Tim Rice. Bill did say although his show is 50 early 60 he was playing that as it’s such a beautiful recording of Phils all Be it from the 70 xx❤️❤️

Thank you Joy! Confusion reigned there for a while! xxx
Post 10 IP   flag post
bert private msg quote post Address this user
I think "It's Everly Time" was a SUPER LP, I still play it (as CD)in my car and still like every song on it. "Nashville Blues" was on my playlist in 2016-2017, when we played more blues songs with the band.
Post 11 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Bert, Amen & Amen & Amen. Those first WB LP's were fabulous, except for Party Time (?) IMHO even though the coubled covered open-up album and pix were good. I like EB bluesy numbers a lot. Country Hits, Lord of the Manor...folksy, bluesy, Songs Our Daddy Taught Us....it all seems a mixture of blues, country, pop, rock, folk, gospel, Appalachia, Scotch-Irish-English ballads from centuries ago....fascinating.
Post 12 IP   flag post
52337 12 12
destitute