The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Lord of the Manor @ The Bitter End7360

ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Post 1 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Yeppers, that's the place. I had a seat in the second row back off to Phil's right side. Don held his guitar up as he does at times and strummed. They also played central Park. I've had good luck re music, plays, celebrities, book stores galore down in The Village. I drove my old Buick up from Philly. Don't recall where I parked. Would never do that today. NYC streets are always tightly jammed with traffic. If you ever had a medical emergency and needed an ambulance fast, it can't happen as the cars are bumper to bumper, crawling along at 5 mph. Fun city in some ways, but too, too crowded. I was 26 years old and at the height of my Everly Brothers fandom, always will be, but I wasn't 14 years old back in that Summer of '57. So, that time at The Bitter End was good musically, but very depressing for me personally. I spent one Summer vacation week going to movies and plays in NYC. The city is open 24 / 7. Never closes. Book stores, restaurants, you name it. HA, in Philadelphia they roll up the sidewalks at 8 o'clock at night. Kind of a whistle stop between The Big Apple and Washington, D.C. Haven't been to Washington, D.C. in ages. Too much rancor and bitterness. George Washington's home at Mount Vernon is very nice, however. Overlooks the Potomac. The Smithsonian, Air-Space Museum, etc.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Wonderful song.
Post 3 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Brilliant take of a brilliant song.
Craig, I have driven through Manhattan and Brooklyn, and for a UK driver, its worse than London. It would help a great deal, if they got rid of all those yellow things; I think they call them 'taxis'
Post 4 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
HA, you are so right, MeFloody, I took one once from 34th Street Penn Station to 52nd & broadway to stay at the Sheraton Hotel....huge bumps, clunks, careening all over the streets, sailed through yellow and red lights, screeched up to the curb and....kind of....sort of..."stopped"...but, kept moving while I'm trying to get my small suitcase out of the back door along with myself....I just about had time to lay the fare money on the seat, with NO extra tip, obviously, as he roared off up Broadway. Welcome to New York, indeed! Now, it's Uber and Lyft, et al, all over the place.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeFloody
Brilliant take of a brilliant song.
Craig, I have driven through Manhattan and Brooklyn, and for a UK driver, its worse than London. It would help a great deal, if they got rid of all those yellow things; I think they call them 'taxis'

Yes a brilliant song IMHO. You are brave to take on driving in New York Mike. Los Angeles is bad enough for us.
Post 6 IP   flag post
52337 6 6
destitute