The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
I have posted this before but it was a long time ago.
They sing so beautifully look so handsome and SO MUCH fantastic hair. Makes me jealous ha ha !! Xx❤️❤️
Post 1 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Joyb -

I am endlessly amazed by their hair. Even when they aged they kept the thick hair. Don is 80 and still has a healthy head of hair.

Sometimes God gives with both hands - He gave Don and Phil both good looks & talent!
Post 2 IP   flag post
RicardoAPriori private msg quote post Address this user
Don just turned 81 February 1, 2018!

Interesting to watch him play a dreadnought instead of their trademark Gibsons J-200s, 185s or Steineggers.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Ricardo -

By the time I remembered that he was now 81 the time had passed to edit my post He still looks great at 81!
Post 4 IP   flag post
CathysClown private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Joyb. I love 'Stories We Could Tell' and thanks for posting this video. I agree - I don't think you could get two more handsome brothers. However, when you remember how handsome their Dad was and their Mom was so beautiful (and still is) it isn't hard to understand. A stunning and talented family!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead1966
Joyb -

I am endlessly amazed by their hair. Even when they aged they kept the thick hair. Don is 80 and still has a healthy head of hair.

Sometimes God gives with both hands - He gave Don and Phil both good looks & talent!

I'm amazed Redhead how much and how quite often they can alter the tempo of their songs and still keep totally together! Gifted and talented pair! xxx
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts -

Even though they have sung some of these songs thousands of times they manage to keep themselves and the listener interested. Just when I start to get a bit bored with a song I stumble across a different version of it that the boys did and I fall in love all over again.

Example: this version of Love Hurts (go to the 13:06 mark)

All these songs sound great in their hands (and voices!)
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Redhead! Thank you! I find it, as I was saying, amazing how they can change the tempo of a song and even alter the melody and at a later date sing the song as they originally recorded it! I would have thought for two people singing such a different arrangement, it must surely be difficult to swing back and forth without one making a mistake! Certainly shows there artistry doesn't it?

I've always loved the original ballad and beautiful harmonies in 'Love Hurts' and still much prefers it to the one on this video but it doesn't stop us from admiring their skillful abilities! The video of the John Denver show, where Don and Phil sing 'Dream'. Such a skillfully altered version, so nice to listen to! Clever and so well rehearsed too!

I know we are all so thankful to have so many recordings and videos! My goodness, those two worked damn hard didn't they? xxx
Post 8 IP   flag post
52290 8 8
destitute