Everly Brothers Forum

Everly Brothers Tour Books7342

bert private msg quote post Address this user
Some Tour Books from the eighties and nineties

Post 1 IP   flag post

Post 2 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Bert, your second set of pictures just came through as i was typing this ...thanks for these, just proving how handsome they both were, although having the same set of parents just shows how 2 brothers can be different in looks.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Bert for the great pictures,
Post 4 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Bert. Many happy memories for me there. I have all those safely put away. I bring them out every so often to look over and remember xx❤️❤️
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
You forgot one Bert; I know you have it
Post 6 IP   flag post

And this one Mike
Post 7 IP   flag post

And I found another one.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Well done and thank you. Xx❤️❤️
Post 9 IP   flag post
Wow signed as well Mike. Fantastic
Very precious xx❤️❤️
Post 10 IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
I was there !!! The Capitol Cinema, Cardiff.. don't remember the date but early 60s.. Bo Didley Little Richard and Don and Phil... was it the concert with the Rolling Stones??
I would have been much happier with just the Brothers.. no need for the others!! ha ha xx
Post 11 IP   flag post
Think it might have been 1963 Sally. I went to the Odeon in manchesterxx❤️❤️
Post 12 IP   flag post
Odeon Birmingham, for me 😄
Post 13 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Are you kidding me??? The Everly Brothers, Bo Diddley, Little Richard, plus, ......maybe, The Rolling Stones ??? That is a concert made in heaven !!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Yes Craig it was a great show but Don and Phil on their own Fantastic ! Don’t you agree. They were all I wanted to see xx❤️❤️
Post 15 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Absolutely.....Don & Phil all the way. I could have (and have) listened to them in concerts at The Steel Pier in Atlantic City and those stage shows could have gone on for hours and days on end as far am I was concerned. I'm just so glad and thankful I'v eseen and heard and meet them for the handful of times I have from 1957 onward. I have bought all of their 45's, EP's, LP's....bought one Elvis Presley record in my life...a 45...never bought any Beatles records, a few early Stones records and then a myriad assortment of "one hit wonders," Instrumentals, e.g., Wonderland by Night, Acker Bilk, Sailor, Sailor, You're So Fine by The Falcons, The Rivingtons, Jack Scott "What in the World's Come Over You", The Poni-tails, "Born too Late," The Happy organ by Dave 'Baby' Cortez, Lonnie Donnigan "Does Your Chewing Gum Keep It's Flavoe Over Night?" The Stroll by The Diamons, Diana, Wild One, Hey, Venus, Goin' to the High School Bop, a Chuck Berry LP, "Oh, Julie" with background crooning by the 16-yr-old, incredible, mysterious, Janice Green, Mickey & Sylvia, "Shortin' Bread", Hank Ballard, "For Your Precious Love" black gospel influenced ballad, "Yellow Bird" Kingston Trio, "Cindy's Birthday" Johnny Crawford, anything by Buddy Holly, "On the Wings of a Dove" Ferlin Huskey.......seems all the number 2, number 8, or .....songs from 1956 through 1963...ones that defined that 8th grade to age 20 for me, the schools, the neighborhood, the times of the late '50's and early '60's. Some special memorable song / tune that Winter, that Spring, that Summer...that one romantic feeling for the two girls with pony tails, green eyes, they smiled at me and I melted inside, pretended I was Mr. Cool Cary Grant, but was a bowl of Jell-o inside and never persued them. Although I did kiss one of them in her basement birthday party. I slow danced with her, saved up about six months allowance and bought her a pearl bracelet. That was it. An extremely limited romance life from age 13 to 20. Had records in my bedroom. Got interested in The EB kind of late, but those early WB LP's were the tops. Plus, they always had a good stage show. Ricky nelson packed The Steel Pier, also.
Post 16 IP   flag post

UK Tour 1997
Post 17 IP   flag post
A couple more; one from the 90's and the yellow one from 1970

Post 18 IP   flag post
Such memories..standing outside the Park Hotel in Cardiff, after a tip off they were booked in there.. and they were ... seconds grabbed with a quick hello and a signature..(now lost and gone after too many moves) .. I have that memory of the dark, cold Welsh night, clear as day xxx
Post 19 IP   flag post
You will always have those wonderful memories Sally. Nothing can take those away xx❤️❤️
Post 20 IP   flag post
I do wish the tour dates were printed in all the programs I have. I'm left trying to figure out the when and where's, all too often.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I have tickets from a concert in Cardiff Mike, but no dates!! saving printing costs maybe!!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Me too Mike, I always wonder when was that, because I've seen them after the Reunion, of course in England again and in Belgium, Germany and Holland every time they had an EU TOUR. Must have been close to 20 concerts and from only a few I have tickets.99% of the time I got my back-stage pass from Phil or Albert.So I just have my memories, but no dates at all.By the way: The yellow poster I don't have...new to me thanks for posting.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I didn't get to go to this tour when Phil continued without Don, but my friend gave me her program to make up for my disappointment. She also wrote the date on the cover
Post 24 IP   flag post
VERY SPECIAL MIKE !!!! ( We all make mistakes , haha)
Post 25 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
I have two - The Reunion one and one with European Tour ‘93 on the front. I don’t have a scanner unfortunately so I can’t put the ‘93 one on here. The only other concert I went to was in 1960; I don’t remember getting a Tour Book, probably didn’t as we were still at school.

Looking at the Official Merchandise list at the back makes me wish I had bought some:

Tour jacket, £35 plus £3.50 p and p
Tee shirt, £10 plus 70p p and p
Mug, £3 plus 85p p and p
Post 26 IP   flag post
I have a tee shirt a poster and a couple of mugs which I have never dare use!! Xx❤️❤️
Post 27 IP   flag post
This is the one, if the link works.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Everly-Brothers-tour-book-1993/142668055867?hash=item2137adc53b:g:Y8cAAOSwODFaaeH1
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb
I have a tee shirt a poster and a couple of mugs which I have never dare use!! Xx❤️❤️

Imagine having a mug and then breaking it!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Think I’d slit my wrists. Or it would be a divorce if my husband had broken one. Thankfully they are put away. Very precious!! Ha ha xx❤️
Post 30 IP   flag post
52290 42 30
destitute