The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
annefrances private msg quote post Address this user

I went Everly Hunting and found this picture. I had never seen it, so I am hoping it will make everyone smile!
Post 1 IP   flag post
rosiebarm2 private msg quote post Address this user
they look so happy and so young/
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
It just amazes me how many photographs Don and Phil must have had taken! The amount of different clothes we see them wearing! No wonder apart from touring, recording, photo shoots, interviews, television shows etc. The different clothes, they had to have made, bought, try on! Little wonder they were exhausted and often rattled with each other! They certainly suffered for their art! Bless them!
Post 3 IP   flag post
spiritananda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by annefrances

I went Everly Hunting and found this picture. I had never seen it, so I am hoping it will make everyone smile!
Post 4 IP   flag post
spiritananda private msg quote post Address this user
Wonderful picture!
Post 5 IP   flag post
KDF private msg quote post Address this user
I think these pictures were taken in the UK probably London as there was an article about the Everly's in the Sunday Telegraph supplement back then and I remember the black and red jacket of Dons as he had a small badge of Mickey Mouse on the left hand lapel. It was obviously a different angle shot for the Sunday Telegraph but definitely the same time and photo shoot around 1971

I went to see them, twice, at Batley Variety Club, Batley, West Yorks when they were in the UK at that time and Don stayed at the Oulton Motel, Rothwell, near Leeds . Not sure where Phil stayed.
We were in the bar and Don and Phil came in with their respective wives at the time to have dinner in the restaurant together there before the nightclub show

Kevin
Post 6 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Batley is mentioned in the first line of Phil's " It Please Me To Please You" on the Star Spangled Springer album. Very appropriate, today of all days...
Post 7 IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
It's a beautiful photo.
Both were so young & really handsome here..
Thank you Annefrances.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Three very nice pictures of The Everly's! Two on a roof for a photo shoot and the one of Phil in the beautiful blue shirt! Many thank yous for sharing your finds with us! xxx
Post 9 IP   flag post
53048 10 9
destitute