The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
That is a very good idea Kathy. If you find some time take a look through this thread there is a lot of information, photos and links for interviews and concerts. There are also loads of photos taken inside the museum. I still have some things to add yet but life has been busy and eventful for me this year, but I promise I will add it soon. ☺
Post 76 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
That is a really good likeness in the drawing of Phil Not sure the artist has caught Don though but still lovely to see this artwork! thanks too for the link to the Museum! Always fascinating to see Everly orientated things!
Post 77 IP   flag post
I have brought this thread back up again for Lynn who mentioned it yesterday. I know I promised to put some more things on this thread and I will do in a few days 🎸🎸
Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW
I have brought this thread back up again for Lynn who mentioned it yesterday. I know I promised to put some more things on this thread and I will do in a few days 🎸🎸

Some members were asking about the Homecoming concerts earlier today this thread has quite a lot of information and lots of photos.

I do see I promised to post some more things onto this thread. Sorry I have been very busy this year and far too many family health problems to last a lifetime. But I will post some more over the weekend.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Sharon private msg quote post Address this user
In the Homecoming thread, John Prine performed with the EBs, I get to see him at the Orpheum Theater on Saturday. The T shirt is one I picked up on eBay a few years ago. Looking forward to seeing him again, I think its been 40 years since I last saw him!

Post 80 IP   flag post

I have to say that I am more than a little bit jealous Sharon. I would love to see John Prine I was listening only yesterday to a song from his new album. I have a lot of admiration for him he writes such great lyrics. I hope he can keep well he deserves an easier ride in life now.
Sharon I will be looking forward to hearing all about it. ❤️
Post 81 IP   flag post
Sharon private msg quote post Address this user
Saw John Prine last night, and it was wonderful! It looked to be a sold out theater, a great mix of young folks ( there for Conor Oberst) and grey hairs like me, John was on stage for nearly 2 hours. He told stories, sang from his new record and some old hits like Your Flag Decal won't get you into Heaven, he even did a dance that took him offstage at one point. His voice was strong and everyone there gave him the applause he was due.He ended the show singing "Paradise" against a backdrop that showed the post office in the now long gone town.
Thank you John!

Post 82 IP   flag post
Marion private msg quote post Address this user
I am a little bit more than jealous as well Sharon. Love John Prine and his wonderful music, sometimes with great wit and humor, but always with meaning or a message. I heard him interviewed on NPR earlier this year, not enough people like John in this world.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Thank you Sharon, thank you John for giving us wonderful lyrics for all your fantastic songs.

Sharon I am always with you in spirit on all your adventures. I know you were not alone for this concert and I am like someone in your pocket that you take out and show me where you went and what you do.

I would have a lump in my throat when he sang "Paradise", this is John Prine.

What a wonderful time you had.

John was nominated for the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame this year with several others, he was been nominated before, PLEASE go onto the Hall of Fame site and place your vote, he deserves this accolade.

This new album is the first for 13 years but he promises he will write one sooner next time as soon as he is finished touring.

John Prine, I love you
Post 84 IP   flag post
John on his back porch in earlier years singing "Paradise"

This is such a poignant video clip showing the strip mining, it tells the story as John sings. 2.38 million have viewed this video.

Post 85 IP   flag post
DeeDee private msg quote post Address this user
I have never heard of Mr Prine or his songs so enjoyed this post very much!
Post 86 IP   flag post
54757 88 11
destitute