The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Phil and Don with Tony Joe White7438

ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
A clip broadcasted on Dutch television not too long ago featuring Phil & Don with Tony Joe White as performed on Show 10 of their summer replacement show.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Ha ha !! Thanks Chris. You beat me to it. It’s just popped up on my YouTube activity don’t see much of our favourite twosome though but nice to watch something new. Showing my ignorance but never heard of Tony Joe white xxx❤️❤️
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't know him either Joy. The song from Tony Joe White has a feel of an Elvis number, maybe just me who thinks that!

A shame we don't get to see or hear more of the boys I agree with you Joy.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
I never understood the whole scaffolding set pieces for that show. But this song brings back memories. My grade school friends and I thought it had the weirdest lyrics and used to sing it on the playground.

Thanks for the memories!
Post 4 IP   flag post
I agree he reminded me of Elvis. Perhaps he got a job in Las Vegas as an Elvis inpersonator or as you say it’s the song. Looked a bit like PJ Proby ha !! Xx❤️❤️
Post 5 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW
I don't know him either Joy. The song from Tony Joe White has a feel of an Elvis number, maybe just me who thinks that!

A shame we don't get to see or hear more of the boys I agree with you Joy.

Chris, Joy and Redhead
Tony Joe White is an American singer/songwriter and guitarist. He wrote the song "Polk Annie Salad" and Elvis recorded it. Other songs T. J. White wrote... "Rainy Night in Georgia" recorded by Brook Benton and "Steamy Windows" for Tina Turner. I hadn't heard of him either, just looked him up now. xx
Post 6 IP   flag post
supagrab private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone on here have Phil singing Last thing on my mind from the June 1980 show?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Always worth putting posting videos! Thanks Chris! xxx
Post 8 IP   flag post
Roxy -

I remember the Elvis version.

Rainy Night In Georgia is a great song. I really like Boz Scaggs' version.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks for info Roxy.
Supergrab there are about 3 postings of Phil singing Last Thing on my mind on YouTube. There is a full length version audio only and then 1 or 2 visual but they are not full length. It’s very emotional and touching xx❤️❤️
Post 10 IP   flag post
Yes thanks for digging the info out Roxy all those songs were big hits for the artists I just had no idea who had written them until now!
Post 11 IP   flag post
hi theres joyb, I believe he'd just been served with divorce pspers.
Post 12 IP   flag post
The only other time I've seen him with wet eyes is the stills from Buddy Holly's Star ceremony
Post 13 IP   flag post
I was happy to look up info about TJ White as I was curious... another little snippet, he is a friend of Mark Knopfler, who is a friend of the Ev's. They really all are/were connected like one big family.❤️❤️
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by supagrab
The only other time I've seen him with wet eyes is the stills from Buddy Holly's Star ceremony

Don and Phil were good friends with Buddy Holly but Phil especially was very fond of and greatly admired Buddy Holly and in a TV interview with Tony Blackburn some years back he said that he missed Buddy. I found it very touching that he never forgot his friend. xx
Post 15 IP   flag post
Lynda1104 private msg quote post Address this user
Great clip, Chris. I have a couple of Tony Joe White albums, I really love his voice, but have never seen him with the Everlys before. They wouldn't be allowed on that scaffolding these days Health and Safety would never allow it!!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
You are so right Lynda and I feel sure they have no safety harnesses on. Phil is really swinging his legs too. Hold on tight Phil. Haha ❤
Post 17 IP   flag post
Welcome to the site Lynda 🎼🎤
Post 18 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Yes! Welcome Lynda! I'm sure there are many more Everly Fans out there. I hope they find this forum! xxx
Post 19 IP   flag post
Thank you for your welcome. I have been a fan from a very young age as I had older siblings so was introduced to great music earlier than I might otherwise have been. The Everlys and Buddy Holly always stood out though. Xxx 🎸
Post 20 IP   flag post
Nice to hear from you and welcome xx❤️❤️
Post 21 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Another new member in 2018! Welcome to Lynda, hope you will enjoy this wonderful site.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Welcome Lynda. Like you I was introduced to the songs/music of Buddy Holly and the Everlys through my older siblings. What an introduction!! 🎼🎸🎼
Post 23 IP   flag post
Welcome Lynda!
Post 24 IP   flag post
I appreciate everybody's warm welcome, thank you. I am looking forward to exploring the site. 😊
Post 25 IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome Lynda. Nice to see another new member.
x

Hi Chris..
I had never heard of Tony Joe White before. Thanks for the info.
Interesting. I had never realised who wrote the song. Elvis seems to have sang it pretty much the same as the writer himself does here.
Pity we don't see too much of the boys here.
Post 26 IP   flag post
50507 26 26
destitute