The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
bert private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=aWaXv2Sn70c&app=desktop
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Well done and thank you bert for finding this information! What a fabulous price for this consol! Wonder who bought it?
I suppose much of the unwanted furniture is up for auction? Or maybe it's the easiest way for the money to be collated for Phil's solicitors to allocated according to Phil's wishes!

So sad how final these things are! it's also saddening that we will get little Everly news now Phil's passed! Don, in retirement, I do wonder how he is!? His face has a haunted look lately! Having both his wife, her twin sister and the mother of the twins around, well. that could be quite a handful to deal with! We can only hope they are not gold diggers! Sounds very rude to think this way snd unfair if this is not the case! Not unheard of all the same!

I do so hope Edan and Jason have remained close, they always seemed very nice guys! I also wonder if their guitar string business is going well. I don't know if Edan is involved along with Jason and Christopher!? I just wish them all well, including Pattie, she seems to be a nice person! I'm hoping therefore she is still close to Phil's family!

While a lot of these wonderings are not our business. A lot of it is also very public! Books will be written by anyone! Albert Lee and Peter Asher have already regaled audiences with Everly Brother stories on how they never spoke to each other and came in from opposite sides of the stage and walked off in the same manner so they didn't have to speak to each other!

Don and Phil have come on stage from both sides since back in the early 60's! Maybe it was for the same reason they had done so post the reunion!? I doubt it was quite this reason back then! Working together without speaking must have been very difficult! Even Don has said they always say 'hello!'

How they managed to sing together so beautifully is amazing! Again Don has said...... "This is what we do!". xxx
Post 2 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
My parents had one like that!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Bert. How sad when a home and it’s belongings have to be sold off (I’m a hoarder unfortunately!!). I would love to own Phils radiogram Mother’s Day is coming perhaps I tell my 3 daughters !! If only. Xx❤️❤️
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead1966
My parents had one like that!

You have something very much in common with Phil in that case Redhead! 'Magnavox' was a very good make on those days! xxx
Post 5 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
From what I have read all of Phil's possessions have been sold or given to people who wanted some memento of Phil. The mansion house has passed onto some who will use it very well I am sure. If I had lived closer I think I would have enjoyed looking over the place when it was open to the public for a while. Not to be nosy about Phil and Patti but the history of the house does seem fascinating and I know it intrigued Phil too.

Phil loved to buy antiques and from what I have read he liked quite a lot!!! I wonder if Patti ever said "Do we need that"? LOL
Post 6 IP   flag post
ChrisW -

What is the history of the house? I know Phil had an affinity for old homes and car and such - is there something special about that house and its history?
Post 7 IP   flag post
This is what I was wondering Redhead! Do you know ChrisW?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Some guy from the old military lived there and it was said the place had a ghost. Each room was the same size. There is a picture of him hanging on the wall when it was Phil and Patti's home. There is also a photo of Phil talking to a guy about the house. He was very interested in it's history.

Phil Everly and his wife, Patti, have been residents of Columbia Tennessee from 2000 when they purchased an antebellum home on 9th Street. William Galloway built the two-story, 10-bedroom home in 1846.

There are numerous photos inside the Mansion House showing Phil in different rooms, if anyone wants to see those I will get them sorted for tomorrow.
Post 9 IP   flag post
ChrisW -

Thanks for the info. I remember seeing the front of the house and the porch in a documentary about star children when Jason and Phil were sitting on the porch talking.

I've no doubt a place that old has a ghost or two!

Where does Patti live now?
Post 10 IP   flag post
I read that she has moved further into the centre of Nashville. I do not know if she still has the other homes which they used at different times of the year though.

This is in 2010 at the gulf coast in Alabama, Phil, Patti, dog Gable and a friend.

Post 11 IP   flag post
I wonder if Gable is named after Clark.
Post 12 IP   flag post
The last photo is the old guy who lived in the house and Phil with his children.

Post 13 IP   flag post
Thank you so much Chris! Lovely pictures and good to know something about the mansion! Can't blame Pattie moving away, if the house has a ghost! Ooh! tremble! Is the house up for sale as well as the possessions?
A lot of Phil's estate will have doubtless gone to his sons and their families! I'm sure Pattie will have been left comfortably off!
Now just the usual squabbles about royalty money, fought out publicly in court! Like the Jackson and George Michele etc. solicitors find all sorts until it can be closed! No crime for us to be interested, after all it's being played out in public with reporters always hungry for a story! I pray, justice will be done!
Poor Phil, how sad to suddenly lose our looks and suffer an awful lung condition! Phil certainly looked the doting grandfather, how lovely for him!
Sad to think he and Don couldn't be a family and visit with their wives and be relaxed together!
Thank you Chris for sharing all your info. with us and the photo's
xxxxx
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead1966
I wonder if Gable is named after Clark.

I love Phil's dog! What type is it I wonder?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Thank you Chris what a beautiful house. So well loved. I too live in an old house built in 1860 It’s really too big now my daughters have homes of their own, so we will have to downsize I suppose. Phils dog Gable looks like a husky cross German shepherd or chow maybe Jean xx❤️❤️
Post 16 IP   flag post
supagrab private msg quote post Address this user
I did read somewhere that Phil bought some of the surrounding areas to create a more secure and beautiful home ☺
Post 17 IP   flag post
Thank you Joy and supagrab: Phil's dog could be a cross between all three of these breeds! It looks a lovely dog! Did the little dog called Angel belong to Phil or was it owned by one of the boys? Lovely to buy surrounding ground to secure the house, safe for dogs too!

Does your lovely old house have a ghost too Joy? Ha Ha! I don't believe in ghosts but some places have a ghostly feel to them! So many unexplained happenings do seem to go on! xxx
Post 18 IP   flag post
Haven’t seen one in 30 years Jean!!xx👻👻
Post 19 IP   flag post
ChrisW! Sorry, I asked you if the mansion was up for sale and you'd already told us it had passed on to someone whome you hoped would use it very well!
I need a new brain! xxx
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb
Haven’t seen one in 30 years Jean!!xx👻👻

Oh! Golly Joy! Does that mean you once had an apparition in your house? Ooh! tremble! xxx
Post 21 IP   flag post
Ha ha Jean no. We’ve lived in the house for 30 yrs & I’ve never seen anything untoward Thankfully. The only scarey thing is me first thing in the morning !!! Xx👻👻
Post 22 IP   flag post
Pennytunes private msg quote post Address this user
Tell me, does anyone know the story behind that portrait hanging in Phil's house? Because It sure looks one of a several back great aunt of mine from the late 1700's My aunt's name was Lydia Boggs. I'm just curious... They sure look like the same lady.

Post 23 IP   flag post
50507 23 23
destitute