The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Live concert: The Orleans, Las Vegas 19977415

ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
The Everly Brothers did 10 shows at The Orleans, these are 5 different days they appeared, first one is 24th July 1997:

This one is July 22nd 1997

This one is July 23rd 1997

This one is July 29th 1997

This one is July 27th July 1997

I have been listening to pieces from them all, imagine the Everly Brothers announce a 10 date show in The Orleans and we have choice of tickets for one show, which date do you pick?

Bert can tell us how different the EB's can be on any given night because he saw the Reunion Concert on both nights.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Did Don like Vegas the second time around? In the 60s and 70s he bitterly complained about having to play there.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
He knew it paid the bills, so they had to do it. Whereas Don quite liked to perform at the Bitter End Phil didn't mind Vegas. I don't think he complained too much about anywhere they played.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
I know he hated it before, but the second time around, in the 1990s did Don warm up to Vegas? He seemed to like it more in the 1990s and 2000s.
Post 4 IP   flag post
bert private msg quote post Address this user
Yes Chris I saw both Reunion Concerts and after that I've seen them many many times live as you know .I admired them because they always gave 110% !! I don't know if there was a difference between show one on a tour or show 21 . I once met Phil with a terrible cold, hours before a show, but later that night in the show he was there and did his job perfectly. Oh yeah perhaps he did not sound as clear, but he sang his parts as always and gave all he had to give that night !!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Chris. I’d have to go to All couldn’t choose. Have to sell something though as Las Vegas doesn’t come cheap. Saw Bette Middler there she was fantastic. I was fortunate too to go to both nights of the reunion. They were both magical on the 2nd night I knew what to expect and it was just amazing. If they were a bit nervous on the 1st night it didn’t show just perfection. I was on cloud nine wanted it to go on and on xx❤️❤️
Post 6 IP   flag post
Sharon private msg quote post Address this user

Post 7 IP   flag post
Lynda1104 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm so envious of the very lucky people who saw the reunion especially on both nights...I would have happily settled for one. I've watched it so many times I know it word for word, but I never tire of it. A legendary night from the legendary brothers. 💕🎸
Post 8 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Sharon, that is a lovely photo of the Everly brothers on that poster. I love the way Don is leaning his head against his brother's head. Very touching. Thanks for posting.
Also thanks Chris for posting clips from shows. ❤️❤️
Post 9 IP   flag post
50507 9 9
destitute