The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Session with Chet/Backstage chat7406

ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Backstage chat at the end with Chet, Mark Knopfler, Phil and Don

Post 1 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
This is such a lovely video Chris! I love Chet Atkins and loved 'Why Worry' when I very first heard it sung by Don and Phil, such beautiful harmony, Mark Knopflier must have felt so proud to hear his song sung so harmoniously! xxx
Post 2 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
I love this video Chris. I love the fact that when Chet and Don suggest they play a tribute to Boudleaux Bryant, Phil quickly adds "and Felice", so like him to not forget her.

Jean, apparently Mark Knopfler wrote 'Why Worry' with the Everly Brothers in mind - to sing it. It is magical when they all sing and play. xx
Post 3 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
I love this video too Chris, lovely to see them all having such a good time. 'Why Worry' one of my all time favorite.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Yes Roxy,
i also heard Mark had Don and Phil in mind when he wrote the lovely 'Why Worry'. Couldn't wish for a lovelier duo to sing this song!
xxx
Post 5 IP   flag post
RicardoAPriori private msg quote post Address this user
click here for recent post in forum
Post 6 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for alerting me to this Ricardo, I have contacted Liz. I totally missed this one.
Post 7 IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
Just love watching this one... over and over.. I go to You Tube every now and then to just watch Why Worry.. I love the fact that my son was an absolute Dire Straights nut... full circle !!! Thanks for sharing.. xxxx and I love the way that Phil is so eloquent in his praise of Chet..
Post 8 IP   flag post
RicardoAPriori private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW
Thank you for alerting me to this Ricardo, I have contacted Liz. I totally missed this one.

Hey, better to have 'em repeated than to really miss 'em!

Post 9 IP   flag post
50507 9 9
destitute