The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
bert private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEU4MNO-QZE&sns=fb
Post 1 IP   flag post
A BEAUTIFUL song to start the weekend with !
Post 2 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
That is just beautiful, thank you Bert I have not heard it before.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
What year was this done?
Post 4 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful, indeed Bert. The Righteous Brothers, The Beach Boys, The Everly Brothers.......musical geniuses.
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, I wish I had your ears. I have heard this many times and I hear only a dirge. Even the beautiful voice of Phil does not lift it for me. Sorry Bert
Post 6 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I know where you are coming from Mike, I have heard it many times in the past and Phil is virtually covered, such a shame his beautiful voice is covered by the harsher Bill Medley.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I think it was in 2007 Redhead. On an album called amn Near Righteous.
Mike I have to admit that's Phil's voice is not "that" clear but he's there very close to the voice of Brian. Bill's voice in mix is indeed louder as lead singer.Brian and Phil are harmony singers and are mixed almost on the same level and melt almost to one voice, but right at the first lyric line I here Phil's voice next to Brian's. I just love it.

ps , don't understand why that smiley is there instead of the D in the song titel ?? I have edited that line several times , but it will not go away, gggrrrr.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Bert -

I was wondering how that smiley got there, too! LOL!
Post 9 IP   flag post
OK I understand, but I didn't come up with that tittle Readhead , haha.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Mike another thing : It is of course a Bill Medley's album, with Brian and Phil as background harmony singers.Phil's role is different here as in the Everly Brothers of course, where in some songs his voice was even louder in the mix as Don's.
Listen to this one where Phil is also invited to do background harmony....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0e_NtimnUM John Prine's album : The Missing Years.
The same story.Enjoy.
Post 11 IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Have to say I enjoyed the harmony- It is difficult to distinguish Phil from Brian here.
As you said Bert their harmony seems to melt into one.
It's beautiful.

Bill medley is a bit gruff for me..
Off to listen again see if I can catch Phil's harmony.
Thank you again for sharing.

Oh!! Loving the John Prine one.
Thank you.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
"In my room" is one of my favourite songs Bert... however it only works for me sung by the three Wilson brothers. I think Bill Medley's gravelly voice doesn't really suit this beautiful song.
I can pick out Brian's sweet voice but cannot distinguish dear Phil's at all. I would love to have heard Phil sing this solo. It
is an interesting version though and thank you for posting it.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Bill talks of Phil during this clip:

Post 14 IP   flag post

Post 15 IP   flag post
....youtube.com/watch?v=ldVFCotPBqw.......
Post 16 IP   flag post
Sorry Craig, that youtube link doesn't work, do you have an alternative or try pasting it again? Thanks
Post 17 IP   flag post
Nah, didn't think it would. I give up. It was a YouTube video of The Righteous Brothers on Shindig and Bill Medley explained first how the song "Little Latin Lupe Lu" came about....and....I know this is an EB site, but the closeness of performances, songs, music, interactions, etc., makes any other 'branch offs' o.k.

Sorry and thanks, Craig
Post 18 IP   flag post
There is a longer clip from Shindig and the Righteous Brothers Craig, but I wonder if this is the clip you were trying to post:

This one live on Shindig is a fantastic one too.

Post 19 IP   flag post
Thanks for your help, Chris. These are also great clips, but the other YouTube one was the one I was trying to post...probably just go to YT and type in "Little Latin Lupe Lu" - Bill Medley, perhaps and it will come up. Simply him relating how he came up with the song. Like Don & Phil, The R Brothers had great hits, heck, I liked Petula Clark, I liked The Animals ("Sky Pilot", Flatt & Scruggs, The Byrds, the list is endless....good, ol' rock-pop sounds from 1956 onward....although not much for me after 1970, IMHO, but that's just me. Young people growing up back then probably were really into whomever or whatever groups were 'hot' then........... instead of transistor radios, youth today have smart phones, iTunes and earbuds......
Post 20 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
I know this isn't the one from Shindig Bert but he does explain about the song.?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Nice Story Roxy. It is just unbelievable how some bands started way back in the fifties & sixties. With a little help from your friends., haha.
Post 22 IP   flag post
In my mind, the greatest song the Righteous Brothers ever released and its in my record collection.See if this works:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQNxze-Sdkg
Post 23 IP   flag post
U Da Man, MeFloody! Y'all can find anything, whatsoever!! Great quality sound. What a monster hit for The RB, 1963, 1964, 1965....

Thank you, indeed.
Post 24 IP   flag post
You are very welcome Craig
Post 25 IP   flag post
Loved hearing that one again Mike, ages since I did.
Post 26 IP   flag post
So, on YouTube the video is Shindig Pilot Episode July 11, 1964....I typed it in and.....those dancers look they just had about 10 Cokes, 20 Pepsi's and 30 cups of coffee. The Go-Go years, indeed!
Post 27 IP   flag post
RicardoAPriori private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
I think it was in 2007 Redhead. On an album called amn Near Righteous.
Mike I have to admit that's Phil's voice is not "that" clear but he's there very close to the voice of Brian. Bill's voice in mix is indeed louder as lead singer.Brian and Phil are harmony singers and are mixed almost on the same level and melt almost to one voice, but right at the first lyric line I here Phil's voice next to Brian's. I just love it.

ps , don't understand why that smiley is there instead of the D in the song titel ?? I have edited that line several times , but it will not go away, gggrrrr.

Hi Bert [& all],

The reason you keep getting the exasperating smiley is because the site's operating system is programmed to insert it whenever certain combinations of signs are typed, e.g. "colon" [:] + "closing parenthesis" [)] = .

In order to avoid this you can type a "square parenthesis" whenever you need one NOT changing into an emoticon, e.g. :]

Post 28 IP   flag post
RicardoAPriori private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy
I know this isn't the one from Shindig Bert but he does explain about the song.?

In addition to explaining the origins of "Little Latin Lupe Lu" he tells the story of the name "Righteous Brothers", one of the first & most paradigmatic "Blue Eyed Soul" groups.

By the way, "Lupe" is short for "Guadalupe", maybe the most common name in Mexico due to "Our Lady of Guadalupe" having taken the place of one of the most important Aztec [actually Nahoa] female deities after the Spanish conquest.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Thanks Ricardo for the explanation !
Post 30 IP   flag post
50029 35 30
destitute