The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Loved hearing that one again Mike, ages since I did.
Post 26 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
So, on YouTube the video is Shindig Pilot Episode July 11, 1964....I typed it in and.....those dancers look they just had about 10 Cokes, 20 Pepsi's and 30 cups of coffee. The Go-Go years, indeed!
Post 27 IP   flag post
RicardoAPriori private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
I think it was in 2007 Redhead. On an album called amn Near Righteous.
Mike I have to admit that's Phil's voice is not "that" clear but he's there very close to the voice of Brian. Bill's voice in mix is indeed louder as lead singer.Brian and Phil are harmony singers and are mixed almost on the same level and melt almost to one voice, but right at the first lyric line I here Phil's voice next to Brian's. I just love it.

ps , don't understand why that smiley is there instead of the D in the song titel ?? I have edited that line several times , but it will not go away, gggrrrr.

Hi Bert [& all],

The reason you keep getting the exasperating smiley is because the site's operating system is programmed to insert it whenever certain combinations of signs are typed, e.g. "colon" [:] + "closing parenthesis" [)] = .

In order to avoid this you can type a "square parenthesis" whenever you need one NOT changing into an emoticon, e.g. :]

Post 28 IP   flag post
RicardoAPriori private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy
I know this isn't the one from Shindig Bert but he does explain about the song.?

In addition to explaining the origins of "Little Latin Lupe Lu" he tells the story of the name "Righteous Brothers", one of the first & most paradigmatic "Blue Eyed Soul" groups.

By the way, "Lupe" is short for "Guadalupe", maybe the most common name in Mexico due to "Our Lady of Guadalupe" having taken the place of one of the most important Aztec [actually Nahoa] female deities after the Spanish conquest.

Post 29 IP   flag post
bert private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Ricardo for the explanation !
Post 30 IP   flag post

Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Craig -

Those dancer certainly were hyper, huh? LOL! I saw on Youtube a retrospective of Shidig done in the 1990s and a former dancer said they were impressed when the Motown performers came on with such tight moves, meanwhile they had dancers falling off the scaffolding they were flinging themselves around so much!

Post 31 IP   flag post
Wow, thanks, Redhead. Really a rockin' show. There is a YouTube video of The Beatles doing the show, also...October 7, 1964 before they sort of grew out of the early days and went for filling up $tadium$, instead. I would have liked to have been the Chiropractor for the show's dancers.
Post 32 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
On hearing the Righteous Brothers song years ago "Lupe Lu" and not being able to track down the connection I thought was there when I was very young - of a "Watch with Mother" programme, when ever I was ill as a very young child I would ask for these daily programmes on the tv and Tuesday's programme was "Andy Pandy" whose friends on the children's tv show was "Teddy" and "Looby Loo".
You can see what went through my mind with these "Lupe" "Looby" names, anyway I thought I would share with you my madness of thought when I first heard "Lupe Lu" and NO it is certainly not "Looby Loo" but this will take you back, even though it is not the original filming.

Post 33 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Craig -

Here's another from the 90s. Jimmy O'Neill from Shindig interviewing Phil Everly on his boat in California. It's a radio interview.

Post 34 IP   flag post
Great! Thanks so much.
Post 35 IP   flag post
47237 35 10
destitute