The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Legends of Rock and Roll7372

Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
My husband has 2 sisters, 1 is left handed, but only 1 of her daughters is a leftie. As it turns out, this same daughter married a leftie, so any children may well be lefties too. My husband's aunt was a leftie , as is her daughter, my husband's cousin. None of the relatives are artistic though! We are all right handed , but my Dad could work well with his left hand, in his work as a joiner.
Regarding people who have eyes of different colours, i read that the actress Jane Seymour is another one who has this trait, called heterochromia.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Question: At different times both Don and Phil have referred to Kentucky, Tennessee and Iowa as home. Does anyone know which one they really considered home? Or do they call them all home at different points in their lives?
Post 27 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Good question, Redhead. IMHO, where they were born, where their parents were born, where they worked, went to school, coal mining, barber-beauty school, I think Phil was born in Chicago, Illinois where Ike worked for awhile, Brownie, Kentucky was a small, small, town-ette and is not there any longer, their radio show was out of Iowa, so...someone on this great site will have the details. I'll Google their geographical history. Seems like I Google everything these days.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Craig -

I know there are a lot of different geographic areas that they claim and it seems to change depending on the interviews they give. As you said Phil was born in Chicago, Don in Brownie, Kentucky. They were raised in Iowa and their parents and family are from both Kentucky and Tennesee. I have heard them claim each place as 'home' so not sure if they consider all of them home in one way or another or what.
Post 29 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
....maybe where they graduated from High School. When did Don and/or Phil 'leave home / parents'....went to Nashville to 'hit the big time,' met Chet Atkins, still lived at home...(?)...early to mid-1950's....where were they living when 'Bye, Bye Love' hit...? And, then marriages started, so..... Another Google search comin' up.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Seems they have a place in their hearts for Tennessee and Kentucky. But also Iowa. Maybe this is a case of 'home is where the heart is' so all of them are home in one way or another.
Post 31 IP   flag post
50029 31 6
destitute