The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
rosiebarm2 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 1 IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, what a great pix, Rosie! Two of the best pop-rock music groups in the history of rockdom. We're lookin' at ~ 150,000,000+ records sold by these 6 musicians. Wonder where and when this was taken? England, here, 1965..?
Post 2 IP   flag post
jilledgar private msg quote post Address this user
I don't mean any disrespect but this is photo shopped I posted it in a group once and everyone down talked it and me for posting it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, I have seen this photo many times and have always understood it to be photoshopped.
Post 4 IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
absolutely love Claudette.. bet Roy Orbison was thrilled with this version xxx
Post 5 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Yes the photo is photo shopped! Does cause a bit of confusion even though we must all have seen that photo of Don and Phil fitted beneath the Beatles photo! xx
Post 6 IP   flag post
O.K., I'm easily fooled and naive, kind of thought that I would have remembered seeing it throughout the years, but guess I didn't, so kind of misleading, but sure looks great and they both liked one another as musicians, so all is well, even though The British Invasion changed things considerably, but that's life in the big city, as they say, just like Elvis and The EB, et al, changed things ~ 1957 and the older kind of big band sound drifted away and rock-pop took over. Dick Clark's American bandstand ruled the late '50's, you can't imagine how big that was in the culture of teendom and The Beatles ruled things from 1964 on, i.e., the February Ed Sullivan Show. Then there were The Beach Boys and Bob Dylan and....squeezed in as the '60's and the insane Vietnam War ground on and The Beatles changed, '70's, '80's, The Bangles, Elton John, on and on and on...

So, thanks anyway, Rosie. I always like to be educated and great pix. 150 millions records between them! I still marvel and the numbers. $$$ and fame for whatever time fate allows. John, George, Phil....not here. I understand that Sir Paul still puts on a great 3 hour !?!? show. Paul Simon said this concert tour coming up will be their last, also.
Post 7 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't let it worry anyone for posting it anyway or thinking it was not photo shopped, I have been shown up/ridiculed by someone for posting a photo that was not 100% correct (not here I hasten to add). Some people do not know how to be kind. It would be nice to think that somewhere there is a photo of them all.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to have to ask, how can you tell if an image has been photo shopped?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz58
I'm going to have to ask, how can you tell if an image has been photo shopped?

I wouldn't have realised that it wasn't a genuine photo if I hadn't read it was not. I have to say it looks perfect and I like to think that had they posed together it would have looked just like this.
Sorry Liz, I have no idea how to tell a photo shopped image from a genuine one. 😀
Post 10 IP   flag post
Totally right, Chris. Doesn't really matter. I like to be nice and kind and forgiving as much as possible and, regardless, I'm sure there is some shot out there of them together throughout the years. I wouldn't know a photo-shopped pix from the Mona Lisa, so......... In point of fact, might be fun and interesting to see some photo work like that, all within reason and good taste and fun, of course.

Thanks, C.
Post 11 IP   flag post
47237 11 11
destitute