The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

Margaret did like to have them dress the same, didn't she?
Post 1 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
She did Liz, when I saw this photo last year it surprised me that Phil is almost as tall as Don at this young age, he was destined to be taller as we know.

Some excited children with Santa.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
What an interesting photo Liz! Thank you for sharing with us! Back in the fifties is wasn't unusual to have two brothers or sisters dressed alike! If you look at pictures of Queen Elizabeth and Princess Margaret when they were children, they were invariably dressed alike! xxx
Post 3 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
To my knowledge, there was only one instance of our Mum dressing my elder sister and I alike- there's almost 3 years age difference - when we had the same style of dress, but in different colours! This photo is hidden somewhere in the pile at the back of the cupboard, and is staying hidden!!
Some Mums don't bother dressing twins alike.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
What a great picture, thank you Liz.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Great photo Liz thank you. I used to dress my twin daughters in matching outfits until they were about 8 or 9 and then they would choose. Invariably they liked the same things and even now they will buy the same top or jumper but wouldn’t wear them at the same time. I always buy them identical birthday and Christmas cards and then they can’t say her card has nice words or hers says special daughter. They probably wouldn’t it’s just me !! Xx❤️❤️
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Ha! Ha! Poor you Liz, you sound like that was terrible suffering? My sister and I often had the same clothes but different colours like your one time Liz. I'm blonde and blue eyed, after our mother! My sister had brown hair and big brown eyes after our father! So I was dressed in blue and my sister in red! Until I was 11 years old! I actually didn't mind! xxx
Post 7 IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Great photo Liz. Not seen this one before.
Thank you for sharing it.
xx
Post 8 IP   flag post
CathysClown private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Liz58. A wonderful photo which I have never seen before.
Post 9 IP   flag post
50029 9 9
destitute