Post 1 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Such a polished performance Joyb! What year? 1959? xx
Post 2 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Don's low speaking voice is so sexy!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Think it might have been 1960 Jean as there is another YouTube video of them singing Cathys Clown with the same background setting and also backed by the Crickets. Xx❤️❤️
Post 4 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
The Alma Cogan 'Spectacular' - 1956-1961

Wikipedia:
Alma Cogan (19 May 1932 – 26 October 1966) was an English singer of traditional pop music in the 1950s and early 1960s. Dubbed the "Girl with the Giggle in Her Voice", she was the highest paid British female entertainer of her era. In 1964 Tennessee Waltz was recorded in a rock and roll ballad style by Cogan

The Everly Brothers appeared on her show in 1960

"All I have to do is Dream"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s534wXy9MUs

Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks Chris. We are both night owls nice to go to sleep with gorgeous music and pictures in my head xx❤️❤️
Post 6 IP   flag post
I am up waiting for an update on my critical niece in hospital, I may have to go to bed and check in on things later, it has been a bad 36 hours.

I have to say though that keeping up with things on the site does help to distract when it is needed. I will leave it in your capable hands now Joy
Post 7 IP   flag post
Oh! Chris, I'm so sorry to hear about your niece! I do hope she pulls through very soon! It's a terrible time just waiting! Thinking of you! Sending you love and prayers! xxx
Post 8 IP   flag post
Oh Chris. Only just seen your last message. I’m so sorry to hear that what an awful time for you all. Thinking of you and your family and I hope there is better news xx❤️❤️
Post 9 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
I hope things turn out well for your niece, Chris
Post 10 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
More black and white pictures for me to gaze at and remember what a great year 1960 was. Best wishes for all your family Chris.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Alma Cogan was my Dad’s favourite singer. My two friends and I went to Blackpool for a week in the early sixties and hung around a few stage doors in the hope of getting some autographs. Alma came out in a very glamorous white fur coat and was soon surrounded by fans. We managed to get her autograph and she gave us the most dazzling smile. She came across as a thoroughly nice, warm lady, another one who died too soon.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Jane43, Alma Cogan was very popular wasn't she? As you say, she was another lady who died too young! I didn't see The Everly's on her show but they had a good slot, must have been prime time! She was very glamorous I wonder if I'm right that her mother had a hand in making some of her clothes? Nice you got her autograph! xxx
Post 13 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
I really hope that there's good news about your niece Chris.
Post 14 IP   flag post
My niece's stats were better today, she is still in an induced coma, they have never brought someone back who came in with such bad stats before. She also developed pneumonia yesterday, they have had to put her in a deeper coma which will help her more because she is fighting the machines etc. She is 25 with 2 children. My brother felt more positive today and the ICU nurses were much more positive. We can only pray and hope.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanroberts
Jane43, Alma Cogan was very popular wasn't she? As you say, she was another lady who died too young! I didn't see The Everly's on her show but they had a good slot, must have been prime time! She was very glamorous I wonder if I'm right that her mother had a hand in making some of her clothes? Nice you got her autograph! xxx

You could be right Jean, all I can find is that her mother was a haberdasher. I managed to hang on to my autograph book. Her signature is very bold as you might expect from her personality. It was our first holiday on our own and our parents were very worried about us but we were very sensible. We also managed to meet Tommy Steele and his wife in a car park under one of the theatres and we also met Adam Faith in the same car park. They were lovely to us, Adam Faith was quite small and very slightly built and had the bluest most twinkly eyes I have ever seen. There is a Face To Face interview of Adam with John Freeman on the BBC iPlayer and he smokes non-stop which must have contributed to his death from a heart problem. Adam’s signature is also very bold in thick black ink. We also met John Barry and some of his band members and had quite a long conversation with them. Happy days, sadly my two friends have both passed away.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW
My niece's stats were better today, she is still in an induced coma, they have never brought someone back who came in with such bad stats before. She also developed pneumonia yesterday, they have had to put her in a deeper coma which will help her more because she is fighting the machines etc. She is 25 with 2 children. My brother felt more positive today and the ICU nurses were much more positive. We can only pray and hope.

I've also been thinking of you and wondered if your niece had children! She is so young and now know she has children! Was this caused by an accident Chris? I'm sure we are all thinking and praying for you, your niece and her family! May The Lord give her back her full life! xxx
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanroberts

You could be right Jean, all I can find is that her mother was a haberdasher. I managed to hang on to my autograph book. Her signature is very bold as you might expect from her personality. It was our first holiday on our own and our parents were very worried about us but we were very sensible. We also managed to meet Tommy Steele and his wife in a car park under one of the theatres and we also met Adam Faith in the same car park. They were lovely to us, Adam Faith was quite small and very slightly built and had the bluest most twinkly eyes I have ever seen. There is a Face To Face interview of Adam with John Freeman on the BBC iPlayer and he smokes non-stop which must have contributed to his death from a heart problem. Adam’s signature is also very bold in thick black ink. We also met John Barry and some of his band members and had quite a long conversation with them. Happy days, sadly my two friends have both passed away.

That was certainly a holiday to remember Jane! I can imagine Adam Faith having those twinkly blue eyes. His wife was Jackie wasn't she? Good looking lady, may have been a model?
Very sad when we lose our friends. My school friend has recently lost her brother! I dread anything happening to my younger sister or brother! My sisters husband has been through a stem cell transplant because he had Multiple Myeloma! All the treatment and chemo. has been going on for eighteen months! He has just had another week in hospital because he had chicken pox and because the stem cells were growing slowly his immune system had little or no immunity! It's been a very worrying time!
Oh dear, Went right off topic! So sorry! Will play some Everly music before I sleep! God Bless xxxxx
Post 18 IP   flag post
Chris Such a worrying time for you and your family. Everyone here is thinking of you and your niece and hope each day brings better news. Take care xxx❤️❤️
Post 19 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Chris , so sorry to hear of your niece's critical condition. Such a worry for all your family. Thinking of you and sending prayerful thoughts. xx
Post 20 IP   flag post
Some better news today, she had such a good night that around lunch time UK they brought her out of the coma and she has been sipping water and talking a little already. Such a huge difference and relief. She is still very poorly and fighting the pneumonia but I think all the prayers and good wishes have helped her and the family. Thank you all so much.

All you ladies talking about Alma Cogan and her dresses, I did read maybe only last year that her mum did indeed make some dresses for her I feel sure that Alma Cogan herself was also involved with them.
Post 21 IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Chris I am so sorry to hear of the battle your niece is having.
I really do pray she gains strength & manages to fight this..
I can understand your worry over this.
We experienced something very similar last year with one of out nieces.
Thankfully she is Ok.
Thinking of you all.

Just read your update- good news to hear of the improvement today.
Lets pray it continues & that fight she has kicks in ..
Post 22 IP   flag post
Soooo very happy to know your niece is now conscious Chris! I pray she goes from strength to strength now and into a full recovery!
God Bless xxxxx
Post 23 IP   flag post
47237 23 23
destitute