The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Post 1 IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
Nice one Joy.. seen the film before but not the link man.. any idea who he is? another little piece in the Everly puzzle !!! thanks
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Clips taken from the BBC Alma Cogan TV show. The first time I had ever seen Don and Phil, other than in photographs. Such a magic moment for many reasons and I remember it so well
Post 3 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
I remember that show Mike. Did they sit on motorbikes or she did as on cover of They’re off and Rolling. She was the girl with a giggle in her voice. I think it was the first time I’d seen them perform. Ah happy days xx❤️❤️
Post 4 IP   flag post
Joy, the motorbike pictures were so what earlier than this show but you are very correct about Alma being the "girl with the giggle" 😊 I was given a full set of those "motorbike" photo by the R&RHofFame, I'll find them out for you 😊
Post 5 IP   flag post
Joyb, if you can, look at my Forum picture gallery and you can see the "motorbike" photos 😊
Post 6 IP   flag post
Strange, I always assumed the Alma Cogan show with Don and Phil, was on BBC, as the video clips appear in most of BBC programs made about the Eve's. Clearly, Chris's archive pictures show an ATV camera; which in a way makes sense. If the BBC had made the program, the tapes would most likely have been taped over 😡
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
That’s a very good video which I haven’t seen before so thank you Joy. I have said it before but I will say it again: they look absolutely stunning in black and white footage.
Post 8 IP   flag post
RicardoAPriori private msg quote post Address this user
«Twenty minutes into BBC4’s The Heart of Country (Friday), there was a clip of Chet Atkins, country music’s star producer of the 1960s, being asked to define ‘the Nashville sound’. Atkins reached into his pocket, pulled out some coins and rattled them in his hands. ‘That’s the Nashville sound,’ he said with a slightly rueful smile. ‘Money.’»

Click here for original article:
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2014/11/james-walton-uncovers-the-sound-of-nashville-money/

Post 9 IP   flag post
47237 9 9
destitute