The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Additions to my CD collection7354

Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
I have just crdered two CDs from Discogs:

Too Good To Be True
The Everly Brothers Live At The BBC

The cost with postage from Denmark and The USA is about half the price they are advertised for on Amazon. They are pre-owned but a lot of my CDs are, hopefully they will be the same.

Apart from my two CD box sets, Roots on vinyl, The Everly Brothers Show on vinyl and Cathy’s Clown on 45 I have acquired most of my CDs in the past five years. Apart from some recently released CD collections I have found that prices of their CDs have gone up a lot recently.

I would love to see the collections of some of you who have been lifelong fans.
Post 1 IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
hi jane43 I don't have a lot of Eb 78 or 45 but I walked into the op shop and I found eb 45 records the are Cathy's clown on the other side always`it`s you the other one gone, gone gone on the other side torture and bird dog other side devoted to you they all play great
peter
Post 2 IP   flag post
It's like a treasure hunt. I have been in two record shops recently and there were no EB CDs at all. Charity shops are the best bet but they are never in alphabetical order so you need plenty of time. Second hand record stores are good too but I have to travel 12 miles to one of those.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
I was in an HMV store yesterday and they had five DVD's of the Reunion Concert, priced at £3.99 each and of course brand new, they usually only have one, so hopefully there is a growing demand for the DVD, or maybe they over ordered for Chritmas😒 I was actually looking for a Louvin Brothers CD. I had seen one on Amazon for £8.00 but found and bought the same one in HMV again for £3.99 - sometimes you can find a bargain in your local store and no postage costs! But Charity shops are good hunting grounds for older, rarer titles.
On another Everly note, I was sorting through my CD's of the musicals and came across "Whistle Down the Wind" which I have had for years and had forgotten there is an Everly track on there titled 'Cold' so another bright spot to my day. My latest Everly acquisition is not a CD but Consuelo Dodge "Ladies Love Outlaws" £16
including postage from the USA.
Post 4 IP   flag post
hi all you are right it is a treasure hunt good fun looking that reunion concert DVD is a great DVD I have nearly wore mine out
peter
Post 5 IP   flag post
hi Roxy do you know how much is $3.99 in Australia money thanks
peter
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddles
hi Roxy do you know how much is $3.99 in Australia money thanks
peter

Hi Peter,
£3.99 is about 7.08 Australian Dollars.

Roxy
Post 7 IP   flag post
hi, Roxy, I went on jb-hi-fi they want $20.00 Australia for its bit of a difference thanks for your help
peter
Post 8 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Having been a fan since I was thirteen; I have all the London, WB, RCA and Mercury records, albums and CD's BUT I don't have their Columbia vinyl's. I have bid on-line several times for both the 48 and 75 rpm discs but have been out-bid every time. As I get older the desire to own them gets more; so if you see me walking, I will have sold my lovely car and will have finally got a copy of Columbia red label 4-21496
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy
I was in an HMV store yesterday and they had five DVD's of the Reunion Concert, priced at £3.99 each and of course brand new, they usually only have one, so hopefully there is a growing demand for the DVD, or maybe they over ordered for Chritmas😒 I was actually looking for a Louvin Brothers CD. I had seen one on Amazon for £8.00 but found and bought the same one in HMV again for £3.99 - sometimes you can find a bargain in your local store and no postage costs! But Charity shops are good hunting grounds for older, rarer titles.
On another Everly note, I was sorting through my CD's of the musicals and came across "Whistle Down the Wind" which I have had for years and had forgotten there is an Everly track on there titled 'Cold' so another bright spot to my day. My latest Everly acquisition is not a CD but Consuelo Dodge "Ladies Love Outlaws" £16
including postage from the USA.

I bought the Whistle Down The Wind CD just for that one song, saw the musical too.

The Consuelo Dodge book is a bargain, well done. I keep looking for Ikes Boys but it is way too expensive.
Post 10 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely a good price for that book, Roxy. It goes to show we do need luck on our side when collecting. 👍 Looking on eBay this evening, I see the show programme I have of the Everly's with the Stones, etc, is on sale for £70 😲
Post 11 IP   flag post
Jane and MeFloody,
There are bargains out there, it is just a case of being patient and to keep checking all the outlets. 😀
I also got 'Ike's Boys' last year for about £20 to £25 including postage from the USA and Roger Whites 'Walk right Back' for £18 from the UK. Both purchased from EBay. I am sure it will only be a matter of time, before you both strike lucky. Like a lot of people I would Love the Bear Family 'Chained to a Memory' -and 'The Price of Fame'. box sets... I am not so optimistic about finding those at bargain prices though.😀
That is a fantastic price for your Everly Show programme M.F but I expect to you it is priceless and will never be sold.
Post 12 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Jane the Everly Brothers "Live at the BBC" is a great buy, one of my favourite versions of "Susie Q" is on that cd, you will love it. I got a 2nd hand copy of "Ladies Love Outlaws" quite a way back paid £12 I think for it.

As for how many cd's, vinyls I have I will have to get back to you on that one, my husband would say far too many, then he sees how much some are worth and then he wants me to buy more. I have 4 albums left on my wish list. My vinyl shop has moved premises and they are in bigger and better ones and the stock is larger so I need to call in there soon. He saves EB's vinyls for me now.

All the original 45's from the 50's are still in our family, my eldest brother has those, I have several 45's but mostly cd's and vinyl albums.
Post 13 IP   flag post
47237 13 13
destitute