The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

DEVOTED TO THEM New Magazine7348

bert private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Bert -

Is there a way for those of us in the USA to subscribe to this magazine?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
Bert!

Is there a way for those of us in the UK to subscribe to this magazine?

Ha Ha! Hi Redhead! We'd both love this publication wouldn't we!?
xxx
Post 3 IP   flag post
I don't have any info , but I guess Mike can help us with this.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Redhead and Jean details here.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Roxy -

Thank you!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
I just did the same as you Roxy, only you did it better, and I can't delete my one. Having said that it has gone so that's alright then.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annmary
I just did the same as you Roxy, only you did it better, and I can't delete my one.

Thank you AnnMary, not to worry, there is plenty of room for us all.😀x
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead1966
Roxy -

Thank you!!!

You are welcome. 😀
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks for the info ROXY
Post 10 IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
This is the new paper quarterly fanzine issued by John Firminger.

First issue just out, second issue is to be out in April 2018.

For more information email to johnfirminger@blueyonder.co.uk

Subscription per year is 10 pounds inside the UK.
All other countries 16 pounds, that is US $ 21.66 or 18.25 Euros

Payable by cheque to
J. Firminger 5 Springwell Gardens,
Doncaster, DN4 9AH, UK
Oversaes PayPal account sales@rockytop.nl
Post 11 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Bobby and Roxy, many thanks for the information about this magazine. As soon as i can find my cheque book, I'll be giving this a try. As a very late convert to the boys, I'm looking forward to reverting back to being a teenager, as i remember getting the Jackie magazine, and cutting out anything about Cliff....forgive me please!!

However, a note of caution....should we not check first, with Tree maybe, if this publication is authorised by the Everly family ( Don, or Edan/Chris/Jason perhaps?)
Post 12 IP   flag post
Roxy! Thank you so much! xxx
Post 13 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. That’s fantastic Bert and Roxy well done for finding all the info. I know we have lots of articles but it’s always nice to read from a different angle.
Good point though liz xx❤️❤️
Post 14 IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
Being a bit of a spoilsport.. how do we know it is bone fide?? £10 sent without anyway of knowing if the magazine will arrive.. I am a bit wary of it.. don't know how to check out its genuine and not a scam. I am so sorry to be so negative.. ugh.. sign of the times.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Salfitz -

Don't apologize - I have the same concerns.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I took the step of emailing Mr Firminger , and have received a reply. I asked if he has official sanction/ permission from Don, or the Everly family, the answer to that is no.

Bert and Roxy, do you mind if I ask where you came across this information about the magazine?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by salfitz
Being a bit of a spoilsport.. how do we know it is bone fide?? £10 sent without anyway of knowing if the magazine will arrive.. I am a bit wary of it.. don't know how to check out its genuine and not a scam. I am so sorry to be so negative.. ugh.. sign of the times.

Sal I found the above info that I posted, by typing Everly Brothers fanzine into Google and that was what came up. I sent £10 off and received the magazine about two days later, so all above board. It is a 26 page booklet with lots of photos, none that I haven't seen before. I have only had time to skim through it and cannot give an informed opinion on it yet.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Liz,

I found it on internet last night and was surprised. It was just that picture, no further info. Thought it was old but than I saw the date Issue 1 2018 . Lets see what Roxy has to tell us after she has gone through the magazine.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Good point Bert, i would of course prefer if this publication had , like this site, official sanction from someone in the Everly family.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Gee Whizzz guys you are a bunch of terriers!!! thanks for being so tenacious and getting it sorted.. let us know how you like the magazine Roxy.. maybe this gentleman is yet another diehard Everly nut!! thanks again..
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz58
I took the step of emailing Mr Firminger , and have received a reply. I asked if he has official sanction/ permission from Don, or the Everly family, the answer to that is no.

Bert and Roxy, do you mind if I ask where you came across this information about the magazine?

I think I have been rather impulsive in sending off for the magazine
Liz, I have had another quick look and I rather think It is affiliated with EBI as there is a description of a 50th anniversary party they celebrated recently in Manchester written by M. Bekkers. Hmmm. The magazine itself is packed with items and photos, but nothing that we didn't already know. It is actually a 26 page booklet rather than a magazine. Mr. Firminger himself in his editorial gives no information about himself just talks of keeping the interest in the Everlys alive. I don't really know what to think.
Post 22 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Such great excited comments, then............EBI

I was so excited until I saw you say that Roxy. It can't be helped we are all crazy for anything new. I was with you all wanting to sign up for it.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW
Such great excited comments, then............EBI

I was so excited until I saw you say that Roxy. It can't be helped we are all crazy for anything new. I was with you all wanting to sign up for up.

I feel rather sheepish Chris. Needless to say, I won't be renewing my subscription to the fanzine.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Roxy -

I was just about to post about that as well. I emailed and asked for someone to tell me how to buy it and just now the reply came from EBI. I am officially not buying now
Post 25 IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
It is not your fault Roxy we are all in for anything Everly until the letters EBI come up then!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO
Post 26 IP   flag post
EBI not my cuppa tea....over and out.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Wow that's that !!
Post 28 IP   flag post
What is the problem with EBI? Is Marshall Bekkers the problem? Is The EBI the fan club in Holland?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
He ran a fan club after sue and Laura gave it up as I think he had been a bit of a nuisance to them. I joined and the magazines were good but always selling something and I don’t think Don and Phil were happy with him perhaps making money out of fans they washed their hands of the club. That’s how I remember it but I could have some things wrong. They wouldn’t sanction his club especially Phil. Hopefully some others will know more xx❤️❤️
Post 30 IP   flag post
47237 42 30
destitute