The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

DEVOTED TO THEM New Magazine7348

ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
It is not your fault Roxy we are all in for anything Everly until the letters EBI come up then!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO
Post 26 IP   flag post
bert private msg quote post Address this user
EBI not my cuppa tea....over and out.
Post 27 IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
Wow that's that !!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
What is the problem with EBI? Is Marshall Bekkers the problem? Is The EBI the fan club in Holland?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
He ran a fan club after sue and Laura gave it up as I think he had been a bit of a nuisance to them. I joined and the magazines were good but always selling something and I don’t think Don and Phil were happy with him perhaps making money out of fans they washed their hands of the club. That’s how I remember it but I could have some things wrong. They wouldn’t sanction his club especially Phil. Hopefully some others will know more xx❤️❤️
Post 30 IP   flag post

Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Jeanroberts -

That name was on the first email that came to me but it was spelled Martial. The next email came from EBI directly.
Post 31 IP   flag post
They took him to court at least once maybe twice. I have a link somewhere of all the problems Bekkers caused. He really just wants to make money selling things in the Everly name and he was known not to have sent out the product after receiving the money!
Post 32 IP   flag post
I was a member of EBI when I still lived in Holland for many years and did a lot of "Hobby work" (photo's, drawings,investments etc). One evening after a concert Phil asked me to come to his dressing room. He started questioning me about my Gibson Everly Brothers Owners Club, if this was connected to EBI...I said NO it's mine not Bekkers two different clubs, he asked is there money involved...I said NO ask Albert Lee he's my first member, he kept on asking.I asked him why all these questions ? He told me that he was very angry about EBI and special about Martial Bekkers who still runs EBI, because he was selling WB LP's no official pressings ( I've bought one of these as proof!), audio tapes and video tapes of illegal recorded live concerts etc etc.He asked me to break all ties with Martial, which I did right after Phil asked me. Bekkers tried to get me back in his club and when I kept refusing he was really pissed and called me names. So I broke all connections on FB, changed my email address and never spoke to him again. From others I've heard that he hates me and calls me ....!
I told him : I'm an Everly fan and respect what Phil has asked me to do...he must have had reasons for that, so leave me alone !
Post 33 IP   flag post
Good for you Bert.

Bekkers is always asking for any videos etc that people have so no wonder they always have things to release about the Everly Brothers.

Selling towels and all manner of merchandise in the Everly Brothers name. Asking for donations!!!

If Phil said not to bother with the man and EBI it is good enough for me.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW
Good for you Bert.

Bekkers is always asking for any videos etc that people have so no wonder they always have things to release about the Everly Brothers.

Selling towels and all manner of merchandise in the Everly Brothers name. Asking for donations!!!

If Phil said not to bother with the man and EBI it is good enough for me.
Thanks to everyone else who has replied to this thread, let me just say that I'm not going to be sending off for this magazine after all. Chris has summed it up perfectly in her last post.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
I agree Chris. I knew nothing about EBI until I joined this forum...the one and only forum/fan club I have ever joined. I understood from reading past posts what the opinion of the good people of this forum were and reading that Phil himself dissaproved was more than good enough for me. We live and learn.......

Happy 81st Birthday to Don.❤️❤️
Post 36 IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
There was a letter from Phil and Don disassociating themselves from EBI, I believe as a result of some fans not receiving items they had paid for. There is a previous thread on here with a cOpy of the letter. I used to go on their FB page occasionally and they have a lot of members including Albert Lee and some other former band members. In view of Phil and Don’s feelings and their friendship with Albert it is surprising that he is a member and indeed he does post on there occasionally. I did try to message Albert to join our forum but he isn’t accepting any more FB friend so I don’t think the message reached him.
Post 37 IP   flag post
I have also been surprised to see Albert Lee make comments there too Jane, I take a look at them once in a blue moon but it does disappoint me. I tried to contact Albert too through his web site and emails but nothing back. There are others on EBI who were very good friends of Phil and that also surprises me. One I can email and he replies I think I will bring the subject up with him because there is something I want to ask him to do for me.

One of the plus things from EBI are the great photos from Martin Albert.
Post 38 IP   flag post
jilledgar private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure how to do this but I hope you can read this.
Post 39 IP   flag post
jilledgar private msg quote post Address this user
Guess I don't know how. I was posting a picture of the Letter
Post 40 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
I was a member of EBI when I still lived in Holland for many years and did a lot of "Hobby work" (photo's, drawings,investments etc). One evening after a concert Phil asked me to come to his dressing room. He started questioning me about my Gibson Everly Brothers Owners Club, if this was connected to EBI...I said NO it's mine not Bekkers two different clubs, he asked is there money involved...I said NO ask Albert Lee he's my first member, he kept on asking.I asked him why all these questions ? He told me that he was very angry about EBI and special about Martial Bekkers who still runs EBI, because he was selling WB LP's no official pressings ( I've bought one of these as proof!), audio tapes and video tapes of illegal recorded live concerts etc etc.He asked me to break all ties with Martial, which I did right after Phil asked me. Bekkers tried to get me back in his club and when I kept refusing he was really pissed and called me names. So I broke all connections on FB, changed my email address and never spoke to him again. From others I've heard that he hates me and calls me ....!
I told him : I'm an Everly fan and respect what Phil has asked me to do...he must have had reasons for that, so leave me alone !

Bert, he calls me a lot of swear words too; a long with "traitor; liar" and so much more . Like you, I was in EBI almost from the beginning. Only Sue and Laura got EBI through the 70's; then as soon as the Reunion, up pops Martial and Heidi to take over again. Both Sue and Laura (along with many others I know) have been ripped off by Martial. Back in 2013 when I met up with some of the Everly family, I heard it from the "horse's mouth" so to speak. However, you have to give EBI credit when it come to storing and saving Everly videos; no other group or site gets close to them on that score.
Post 41 IP   flag post
I know Mike he has collected a big EBI archive I remember the days that always was asking for tapes, video's , all kind of stuff.He put thing together and sold them through EBI. He told me that he had " a go" for his WB LP project from Don and Phil He asked me to help him by investing money, which I did. Never got the money back (some real money) and later on I heard that there was NOT "a go" for this project, which made me very very angry. Don and Phil were not very pleased in the end how he ran the EBI fan club.I haven't since 2008 when I was in Holland and visited an Albert Lee concert.I had booked the hotel Albert and the band stayed in and I bumped into Martial before the show in the bar.We didn't really talked to another.I feel fine how it is now and don't miss EBI.
Post 42 IP   flag post
47237 42 17
destitute