The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Old Friends Tour S&G EB's7297

ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
ChrisW. I think by this time I would have been demented singing those same songs for so many years! They coped unbelievably well but by golly, it must at times be hard going! xxx
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Fabulous, just fabulous! I was lucky enough to go to the London Hyde Park "Old friends" concert and although S&G built the fire, Don and Phil set the place alight 💕
Post 3 IP   flag post
EB84 private msg quote post Address this user
Paul Simon stated in an interview that prior to that first performance Don and Phil hadn't seen each other since their last tour in I think 2001. They met in the venue and went on with no rehersal.

You will note that this is one of the few performance on that tour that Phil sang the whole of Dream. Don had a solo in the middle on later dates and on the 2005 Tour. Also Love Hurts had the new solo in 2005.

Keep it Everly folks. Boy its good to be back among the Everly family!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Some photos from the Hyde Park concert, do they take you back Mike?

July 15th 2004 2nd gig

I have a few other photos from this "Old Friends Tour" such as New York and a couple I am not sure which venue. I can post them later.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ChrisW. I love photo 6 and 7 best! Very nice!

I remember the evening The Everly's played the surprise guest.......although I think the secret had got out.......with Simon and Garfunkel! I was listening at home to an LBC Radio talk show! The presenter was Clive Bull! Just before his programme was coming to a close, a lady had phoned in to Clive Bull's studio, he takes phone calls, and she was quite breathless and obviously excited!
The story was, she'd just been to see Simon and Garfunkel, and in the middle of the show, she couldn't believe it but they had brought on to the stage.........The Everly Brothers! To pay tribute to them for being Simon and Garfunkel's mentors! Clive Bull exclaimed "The Everly Brothers!? Good gracious! Are they still alive?"
The lady, her voice high with excitement answered "Yes! Don and Phil! She assured Clive Bull they were indeed alive and what was more, they almost stole the show! xxx
Post 6 IP   flag post
I like the one where Phil is pulling Artie to whisper in his ear and 6 & 7 like you Jean. I have to say the 7th one with the lovely smile from Phil is a great photo.

I will find the other photos out later, they are equalling good ones. Where I am not 100% of the venue I left out of the Hyde Park link. The things I had to look at on some photos where I was not sure was S & G clothes and EB's hair style!! LOL But a couple could be Hyde Park.
Post 7 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
We were right at the back of the Hyde Park site because we only found out Don and Phil were going to be there a few days before. But even from one hundred yards away, we could see Phil's white topped shoes
Post 8 IP   flag post
Great photos from Chris! So good to look at! Seems so strange to see Phil with his extra weight! Giving up smoking and side effects from meds for his lung problem that was likely already starting, are no doubt the cause! I've mentioned this before as more than myself had noticed how Phil was expanding his chest in an effort to gain air, as though very out of breath, on the video of the reunion concert!

You've certainly collected some nice photos Chris! Thank you so much for sharing them with us! MeFloody will love seeing them! The lucky man was at the concert. Another historic moment in Everly History! xxx
Post 9 IP   flag post
A few more which I promised earlier.

This one below is New York

Post 10 IP   flag post
ChrisW. More great photo's! The concerts certainly seem to be a rip roaring celibration don't they? xxx
Post 11 IP   flag post
48828 11 11
destitute