The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Bill Kenwright Radio tribute7261

Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
I am refreshing the link to the wonderful radio tribute made by Bill Ken Wright soon after Phil’s passing. If you haven’t heard it before you are in for a treat but have the tissues handy.

https://soundcloud.com/user-530223845/kenwright-tribute
Post 1 IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Oh thanks Jane. It is a wonderful tribute. Thank you for putting it up again. Xx❤️❤️
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had problems making the link work, please bear with me. The link seems to be working now. However my 74 year old brain forgot that I posted it in the video gallery, I am off to see if I can find it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
It's a wonderful tribute Jane43 I cried so much at the end!
His discription of his sitting high in the Albert Hall listening to the wonderful harmonies! When 'Let it Be Me' was sung he was almost certain he was in the presents of two Angels!
I've only listened to the tribute once, i was so over whelmed with emotion.
It's on You Tube if your link is giving trouble! xxx
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanroberts
It's a wonderful tribute Jane43 I cried so much at the end!
His discription of his sitting high in the Albert Hall listening to the wonderful harmonies! When 'Let it Be Me' was sung he was almost certain he was in the presents of two Angels!
I've only listened to the tribute once, i was so over whelmed with emotion.
It's on You Tube if your link is giving trouble! xxx

I think it is my iPad that is causing the problem Jean. I think the one on YouTube has the first ten minutes missing unless it has been put right. We were high up in the Albert Hall too, the accoustics are just wonderful, but I suspect Bill had much better seats than us.
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
This is my Soundcloud post. You can also get Rod Argent's comments on meeting Phil from this post too
Post 6 IP   flag post
Well done on posting that Mike. I will have a look at Rod Argent’s comments now. He was recently on Ken Bruce’s Tracks Of My Years.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane43
Well done on posting that Mike. I will have a look at Rod Argent’s comments now. He was recently on Ken Bruce’s Tracks Of My Years.

Here is the Rod Argent interview and it was with Ken Bruce.

https://soundcloud.com/user-530223845

I never tire of hearing how much other artists revered them. What a legacy!❤️❤️
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you Jane and Mike will listen when I’ve finished all my jobs and I can sit and swoon xx❤️❤️
Post 9 IP   flag post
Such a heart felt discription from Rod Argent! It so describes yet again the power of music on our emotions! That Phil had this iconic power to make shivers run up and down Rod Argent, just by thinking back on the occasion he met Phil. This just shows the emotional force music has on many people!
Don and Phil were musically gifted and they were also talented. It wasn't allowed to go to waste, they worked their socks off perfecting their harmonious sound!
I so pray their singing will collect more new fans who will love Don and Phil's God given gift as much as we do! xxx
Post 10 IP   flag post
I again recently read of Paul Simon's conversation when he was seated next to Paul McCartney at a "Do" and told McCartney that he was too star struck to speak, and McCartney answered, 'you have problems? I going to have Phil Everly sitting next to me'. 💕
Post 11 IP   flag post
I wonder if this is the occasion Rod Argent spoke about

Great interview and what a lovely blue shirt. ❤️
Post 12 IP   flag post
Just shows how we never stop being fans! Loving those whose music gives us sooooo much pleasure! Music touches the heart of those who feel music! Yes, Paul McCartney was tongue tied trying to talk to Phil Everly wasn't he? Am I right in remembering Paul had to confess this to Phil? Just imagine the great Sir Paul McCartney being so spellbound in meeting Phil Everly!
I'm now even more sorry 'On the Wings of a Nightingale' wasn't the hit it should have been! The recording needs to be a theme tune of a television programme, or a film etc. where it will be heard many times and loved! xxx
Post 13 IP   flag post
I should have quoted McFloody with an above quote about Sir Paul McCartney meeting Phil Everly! I apologise! Will get the hang of this sooner or later! xx
Post 14 IP   flag post
On the couple of occasions I have met Don and Phil, I changed from a qualified Engineer that sat on the executive of an international company into a total blithering fool with the dumbest expression on my face you could imagine; and I love every second of those memories
Post 15 IP   flag post
Ha! Ha! McFloody! You poor guy! It must be very hard to think of anything interesting to say when in this situation! My hubby was senior editor at LWT and I met many artists but when The Everly Brothers were appearing, my nerves went to mush and I asked my husband to get me into the rehearsals, I'd just sit and observe! I was too unwell to go to the first one, but I saw the rehearsal at 'Live at Her Majesty's' and my husband had several tickets to the televising of the actual show for us two and my friends!

I missed chances and have to confess I'd built The Everly's up in my imagination to the point where I felt I'd be devastated if I was disappointed! My sister worked at Radio One and at Radio Luxemberg before that. Sue (my sister) met, at a reception, both Don and Ike Everly! When Sue left the reception she shook hands with Don telling him how nice it had been to meet him. Don answered ".....and it's been very nice to meet you too!". Ike was wearing a stetson cowboy type hat and she said he looked just great, she was fascinated by him! At least one of us, met one of them! xxx
Post 16 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Jane -

I listened to this on Youtube the other day and LOVED it! Thanks for posting. He did a really good job on this tribute. There will never be another Everly Brothers.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Ah Mike and Jean. Know exactly how you feel I have met both Don and Phil on a few occasions by simply hanging round the stage door after concerts. Even managed to get my photo taken with dear Phil(swoon). My life’s ambition but I too was gobsmacked dumbstruck but it’s a treasured memory. Never had them in my fridge though Sally!! Xx❤️❤️
Post 18 IP   flag post
I have just re-read the tributes TREE collected here on the site when Phil passed away (see top of Home page). Still very emotional to read but very satisfying too to see how others felt at Phil's passing
Post 19 IP   flag post
I am very envious of those of you who met them. Joy, my friends and I did our share of hanging around the stage door after shows but the one and only time we saw The Evs in the early years was in 1960 when we were 16. Our parents only let us go on our own if we went to the early show and came straight home afterwards on the bus which we did because they had bought us the tickets!
Post 20 IP   flag post
I e.mailed my vote through to Steve Lines! Unfortunately, it was undelivered! Have I got the address wrong......
Steve.Lines@bbc.co.uk. Maybe you could check it for me. I think it was Redhead1966 who gave out the e.mail address?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Jean, Not wishing to go off topic on Janes thread, it was me who posted the email address. Steve Lines radio show is called Walk Right Back and on 5th January, he gave the email address and/or a phone number, halfway through the show.
If you put BBC Radio Cambridge into a search engine then type into their search section Walk Right Back, that should take you to the programme it is on their radio iplayer and will be for I think thirty days. Hopefully you should find it.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
Jane, I have finally managed to listen to Bill Kenwrights Radio tribute to the Everly Brothers...for me it was uplifting and heartbreaking in equal measure. Thank you so much for posting.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Thank you Roxy! Will try the search engine as you suggest! xxx
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy
Jane, I have finally managed to listen to Bill Kenwrights Radio tribute to the Everly Brothers...for me it was uplifting and heartbreaking in equal measure. Thank you so much for posting.

My pleasure, it is such a wonderful programme I make a point of posting the link regularly for the benefit of members who haven't heard it or want to hear it again. Thanks also to Mike, MeFloody, for putting it on SoundCloud. It is a better version than the one that was on You Tube. The Rod Argent addition is a lovely extra too.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeFloody
I have just re-read the tributes TREE collected here on the site when Phil passed away (see top of Home page). Still very emotional to read but very satisfying too to see how others felt at Phil's passing

Yes it is great to have them on a ‘sticky’ thread and to be able to read them every January.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Redhead1966 private msg quote post Address this user
Jeanroberts -

I didn't post an email. I've only been on this site for 5 seconds (give or take a week!) I am still very much the newbie on here, but everyone has been so welcoming!
Post 27 IP   flag post
50620 27 27
destitute