The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
LAST YEAR I WAS 70. MY KIDS GOT TOGETHER AND ORGANISED A BIRTHDAY DINNER. THE SURPRISE WAS THE ICING ON THE CAKE!!
Post 1 • IP   flag post
cuddles private msg quote post Address this user
hi salifitz that look great how did that
peter
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Oh Sally I was only looking at your cake photo the other day and I couldn’t make out your age. It looked like 40 to me. Are you sure about your age!! It was a lovely idea xx❤️❤️
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Hi Peter.. my daughter downloaded the photo and then sent it to a company that does like a transfer thing that you can place on top of the icing on the cake.. it was such a surprise that I let everybody down by screaming in surprise (in a restaurant!!) great fun ..
Nah it is 70 Joy!! 71 soon.. hey what the heck.. enjoy it while you can xxx
Post 4 • IP   flag post
hi salfitz I am 70 two 71 this August where have the year's goon that cake looks great
peter
Post 5 • IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
I would have hated to cut into it Sally..
I bet it was as tasty as it looks..
70 is just a number -I bet you are really young at heart ?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Lizzie B you and me are of the same mind.. I had to cut Phil out.. he remained in the fridge (poor lad) for many many weeks, if not months (that's awful I know) I could not bear to cut into him or throw him away, the kids were in stitches when they opened the fridge door.. I am a sad case..ha ha.. I am young at heart Lizzie its just the old bod I have doubts about..
Post 7 • IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
Oh oh Sally, may I laugh? I can recognise myself in your course of action!
Presumably I would have brought the whole cake to safety.
Who dared to cut into poor Don and eat him up?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Oh Oh BobbyBri,, you must laugh, of course!!! I am sure you will understand my predicament.
They had gone to a lot of trouble over that cake... it had to be cut!! It had to be eaten.
I did debate about trying to peel the transfer off... but that would have undermined the hard
work that went into creating!!! Ah me.. what a pickle!!
I had to be very secretive about the saving of young Phil!!
Sadly I did not have the same luck with poor Don.
Eventually Phil did start to crinkle, then wrinkle.. are you still laughing!!
But hey I have another birthday coming up in March... I could start dropping hints!!
ha ha ha ha !!
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Oh Sally not many of us can claim to having Phil in their home never mind their fridge!! Perhaps you could hint for a six foot full size cake this year or is that being greedy. Nah. Then you could share it with all of us here. Xx❤️❤️🎂🎂
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Sally, would you mind asking your children what site/company they used for this? My 60th is in March, and if I can start hinting about it now, to my husband and son, I might get something similar for the occasion....
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Liz you can probably get one done at Asda supermarkets. We had one done for my husband’s 60th with 4 different photos of him at different ages. That was 14 years ago but they may still do them.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Here you go Liz.

https://www.intercake.com/How
Post 13 • IP   flag post
I think Tesco do a similar thing tooyou provide the photos and they put them onto one of their cakes. Xx❤️❤️🎂
Post 14 • IP   flag post
ha ha :ha ... there ya go Liz.. several ideas there..
Post 15 • IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Great posts girls.
Made me laugh about poor Phil in the fridge , then wrinkling & crinkling..
I think a few of us will be having special cakes made with that link you put up..
Post 16 • IP   flag post
I make cakes for my daughters and grandchildren My girls still have a cake even though they are 37 and 32!! Recently I’ve put rice paper toppers of Peppa Pig,Paw Patrol and Blaze and the Monster Machines!! Not quite the same is it. I’ll have to make one for myself next Birthday with Don and Phil on !!! Xx❤️❤️
Post 17 • IP   flag post
These days I’m wrinkling and crinkling without the aid of the fridge! 75 is fast approaching for me this year!
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Ah jane as Lizzie Said it’s just a number. Whilst we can listen to our wonderful Everly music and chat here to each other we will feel young Let’s pretend we are all 19 and wearing our mini skirts and hot pants!! Gosh what a thought !! Xx❤️❤️
Post 20 • IP   flag post
they were the days
peter
Post 21 • IP   flag post
MINI SKIRT YES .. HOT PANTS NO NO NO !! HA HA
Post 22 • IP   flag post

Yes indeed, Your Honor, this young at heart lady named Sally locked me up in a fridge til I began to crinkle and to wrinkle! I still don't know how I managed to escape...

(The pic shows twenty year old Phil in August 1959 testifying in court on charges of drag racing. The case was dismissed finally.)
Post 23 • IP   flag post
Thanks Bobby. Loved your comment.
I remember reading years ago that Phil was into drag racing. Thanks for the photo don’t know where you all keep finding them but please continue to do so xx❤️❤️
Post 24 • IP   flag post
Bobby you are Queen of the search engines. It’s wonderful to see something new.
Post 25 • IP   flag post
my my Bobbybri... you are a one!!! ha ha xx
Post 26 • IP   flag post
@salfitz Sally, I'm quite sure you can take a joke...
You won't hold it against me, will you?

@Jane43 Thank you Jane, you're very kind but I don't deserve the credit. On this site are many of us deeply engaged in tracking down information on the Everly Brothers to open it up to other fans.
Especially you yourself, of course, are busy with research activities.

Sometimes I think we're like a full orchestra playing to honor Don and Phil and their wonderful music:
Certain music instruments are frequently in action, several other are less while a few have long breaks in the score or are just optional. But every single orchestral voice is important for creating an euphony as desired.

So let's enjoy playing together (regardless of one or other discordant note caused by a teammate).
Post 27 • IP   flag post
ha ha hee hee now you've got mee Bobbybreeee...ha ha

Being a woman of extremes (only joking) I have always fancied the big bass drum and the triangle..
be interested in what other instruments we could gather for this orchestra of ours!!
Post 28 • IP   flag post
I played the recorder at school so that or something similar.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Ha ha Jane I played recorder too in junior school I was a wiz on Z Cars and Stranger on the shore!!xx❤️❤️ Xx
Post 30 • IP   flag post
46350 30 30
destitute