The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

It's 1 year today since I joined the forum 🙂. This last year has been very difficult for me, as some of you will know from personal messages. The forum has been great, posting pictures and videos, making me part of the Everly "family". Here's one that's a pure indulgence from me, i have listened to it nearly every day since i joined...to me, it ranks as near the top of my favourite EB tracks, who can resist swooning ...not me anyway!!
Thanks to everyone for the past year, and i look forward to many more!!
Post 1 • IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to YOU, Liz for all of YOUR great postings throughout the year, such as this usual, typical, Everly Brothers masterpiece. Came out in 1962. 2 1/2 minutes of melodic heaven, especially as the background strings come in. Written by Gerry Goffin & Jack Keller. Goffin's wife was Carole King....they were kind of modern-day Bryants. One had an ear for music and the other was the poet-lyricist penning the words of teenage angst, often. Goffin had 114 Billboard Hot 100 Hits in his career!! Jack Keller was a force behind The Monkees. Your outstanding EB choice, Liz, had a 'B' Side of "No One Can Make My Sunshine Smile" also, by Goffin/Keller.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
rosiebarm2 private msg quote post Address this user
@Liz58 CONGRATS LIZ THIS PAST YEARS HAVE BEEN VERY ENJOYABLE

HOW ABOUY ANOTHER GOOD YEAR/ you have good taste in music
looking for another year
Post 3 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Liz, this track is definitely in my Everly Top 10. Good to have you with us
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Good choice Liz. Such heartbreaking lyrics but such a beautiful sound. I hope 2018 is a better year for you and that you get the holiday you had to cancel very soon. ❤️
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Liz it’s such a beautiful song and also one of my top 5 favourites I have it in my car and always have to join in. Here’s to the next year and thank you for all the great finds you have posted xx❤️❤️
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you liz, one of my favorite, also thanks for all your postings, it's been a joy. Long may you continue.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Roxy private msg quote post Address this user
It is a long time since I heard that track. I had forgotten what a lovely song it is and such poignant lyrics. Thank you Liz for posting it.❤️❤️❤️
Post 8 • IP   flag post
midanno private msg quote post Address this user
Happy anniversary Liz
Absolutely beautiful and is one of my go to songs also
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Mike and Millie. I’ve just noticed that your signature pictures are very similar. I think I might have mixed you up in some replies so belated apologies if I have. My eyesight isn’t what it used to be!
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

Craig, here's the B side, which is good too.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you. Everything they ever did is quite, quite listenable.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
45223 12 12
destitute