The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
rosiebarm2 private msg quote post Address this user
hi friends, there comes a time when we feel it is time to leave and say goodbye. its been an honor and fun being on the fan site. I WAS ONE OF THE FIRST ONES TO SIGN IN AND FROM THERE MET MANY NICE AND INTERESTING FANS. OF COURSE THERE WERE ONES I DIDNT ALWAYS AGREE WITH,, BUT BETWEEN TREE AND PHIL, YOU KEPT US ALL IN LINE

I WILL MISS TALKING TO YOU ALL, ITS BEEN FUN AND AT TIMES VERY INTERESTING WITH OUR OPINIONS AND COMMENTS. WITHOUT THE SUPPORT OF TREE AND PHIL EVERLY, I AM VERY THANKFUL. PHIL ALWAYS WAS ON LINE, WHEN YOU NEEDED SOME DIRECTION. IN FACT PHIL EVERLY WAS ALWAYS READY TO LET YOU KNOW IF YOU SAID SOMETHING WRONG. AND TREE IS ANOTHER ANGEL, KEPT THE SITE RUNNING. WALT also kept site running

YOU CAN REACH ME VIA EMAIL, justrosieb@outlook.com Thanks for all the memories and friendship and AWAYS KEEP IT EVERLY
Post 1 • IP   flag post
RicardoAPriori private msg quote post Address this user
Rosie,

What's this about saying goodbye to the Forum?

Can't forget [when I was quite new to the forum] that it was you who clarified it was Hank Garland playing solo electric in "Don't Blame Me", because you knew his cousin. [Just to name one single clarification/contribution.]

Is there something particular that is bothering you?

I [selfishly] hope you continue posting and having good nice dialogues with all of us. If, however, it is because of other reasons, I will respect your decision, even though you will be incredibly missed.

With warmest affection,
Ricardo
Post 2 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
Barbara, I'm so sad to hear you are leaving this site after so long. You were and always will be, held in respect by all Everly Fans and it's not going to be the same here without you. I sure the old crew of Phil, Tree, MikeW and all, were pleased to have your backing in the early Forum. I will treasure those times and your friendship for always. God bless you my friend
Post 3 • IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
Oh Rosie! What a bad surprise! It has been noticeable recently that you started to slow down your activities here but I never would have even thought of your complete disengagement. You've always been the link to the starting time of the site when Phil in person did participate. So what's going to happen now if you leave? Is there anything we could do to convince you to get back on this boat?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Dear Rosie I’m so sorry to hear that and I hope you will reconsider. You will be so missed when I first joined it was you and Lizzie who took the trouble to give me guidance on how to post.
I hope it’s not recent events that have brought you to this decision I’m sure it has upset you as it has me but please remember you are so highly thought of by all your friends on this site Take care Joy xx❤️❤️
Post 5 • IP   flag post
rosiebarm2 private msg quote post Address this user
OKAY I AM SORRY FOR LOSING MY COOL. JUST GETS TO ME TO HAVE ANYONE MAKE A BAAD REMARK ABOUT DON AND PHIL.

I WILL STAY AROUND, BUT BUT DON EVERLY AND PHIL EVERLY ARE JUST LIKE FAMILY TO ME AND I HATE TO HAVE ANYONE MESS WITH MY FAMILY.

YOU KNOW, FEEL THOSE TWO BOYS (YES MEN NO W) WERE JUST LIKE MY BROTHERS AND I , IF I CAN HELP IT, WILL NOT LET ANYONE SPOIL THEIR NAME SO, RELAX AND LETS HAVE SOME GOOD MUSIC AND CONVERSATION, AND LEAVE THE GARBAGE OUT ROSIEBARM
Post 6 • IP   flag post
BobbyBri private msg quote post Address this user
Well, that's our Rosie
Keep your fighting spirit - and stay with us.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Rosie, You are part of the foundation of this site. You are so knowledgable and you can't "leave." I need all The Everly Brothers education I can get.

Always, Craig
Post 8 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Well said everyone. It looks like you have done a "Turn Around" Rosie, I hope so. Don't let anything come between the music, not age for certain. Music keeps you young, keep on rockin 'n' a rollin Rosie.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
salfitz private msg quote post Address this user
MY GOODNESS ROSIE.. YOU DID GIVE ME A SCARE... I WAS VERY GLAD TO GET TO THE NEXT POST WHERE YOU SEEM TO BE STILL ABLE TO BE PART OF THIS SITE. WE REALLY NEED YOU HERE.. AS ALL THESE COMMENTS PROVE. YOU ARE AN INVALUABLE LINK.. SO PLEASE PLEASE STAY WITH US AND BEAR WITH THE ODD MISDEMEANOR!! I AGREE, I WAS VERY SADDENED BY A RECENT POST BUT TRY TO IGNORE AND ENJOY AND CELEBRATE THE GOOD TIMES WHICH IS MOST OF THE TIMEbold textI DO SO AGREE WITH EVERYBODY'S COMMENTS AND HOPE THEY HELP YOU REALISE HOW MUCH WE ALL VALUE AND LOVE YOU.. YOU ARE THE LINK ROSIE... DON'T FORGET IT!! PEACE, LOVE AND GOOD HEALTH WISHES TO YOU ROSIE..ALL THE WAY FROM WALES!!
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Oh Rosie you have given me such a shock. I don’t know what has been said to upset you because I haven’t been on here much lately as I am grieving my dear childhood friend Jean who passed away on October 11th almost six years to the day that our other friend Lynda passed away.

I think all the regulars on here feel the same way as you and wouldn’t say a bad word about our boys. Whatever has been said just disregard it as it is just a tiny minority view.

Sorry you have been upset dear Rosie and at the same time I am happy that you have decided to stay with us. ❤️
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Oh Jane, so sorry to hear of your sadness.. and yr grieving ... remember you have friends here on this site xxx
Post 12 • IP   flag post
LizzieB private msg quote post Address this user
Dear Rosie..
I got such a shock when I read the 1st posting from you on here..
Really glad you have changed your mind..
As Mike said you are held in such High Esteem here & people care about you.
Glad you're staying with us . xxxx

I've not been around much either lately -
trying to be there for a friend who's going through a tough time at the moment.

Jane my friend sorry to hear you're struggling also.
Such a sad part of life.
Thinking of you .
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Dear Jane so sorry to hear of your sadness at the loss of your dear childhood friend. Nothing that is said can relieve your pain but we are thinking of you at this awful time. Take care xx❤️
Post 14 • IP   flag post
SherryH private msg quote post Address this user
Rosie, I am so sorry my comments have upset you! You are clearly one of the most knowledeable and well-loved members of the forum, and I think you absolutly should stay! Again, to all of you, I apologize for not anticipating how emotionally attached you are, not only to Don & Phil, but to each other. I found the information about books, articles that some of you posted very educational. Guess I will read the book mentioned & msybe rejoin the forum when I've learned more! The brothers and their families should be thankful to all of you for being with them all these years.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
dear Lizzie,
I wondered where you had got to. Assumed you were busy with family stuff.. I am sorry to hear about your friend and am sure your support will mean a huge amount to her/him. So long as you keep in touch from time to time with us here at EB site.. know we are thinking of you and looking forward to hearing from you when you've got a minute. peace, love and best wishes xxx
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb
Dear Jane so sorry to hear of your sadness at the loss of your dear childhood friend. Nothing that is said can relieve your pain but we are thinking of you at this awful time. Take care xx❤️

Thank you Joy. I have lost my only link with a golden time in my life and the only friend I had who was my age - my other friends are at least ten years younger than me. I spent so much time with Jean and her family that they became my extended family. My brother is five years older than me and joined the army at 17 so he wasn’t around during those years when music became such an important part of our lives in 1955. Thankfully I am in touch with her three brothers, her two sisters and her daughter but of course those wonderful memories we shared can’t talked about any more. My daughter-in-law says I should write them down.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by salfitz
Oh Jane, so sorry to hear of your sadness.. and yr grieving ... remember you have friends here on this site xxx

Thank you Sally. Yes thankfully I have friends on here who understand how important music became to our humdrum lives - we read fan magazines together, made scrapbooks, listened to records, learnt how to jive and later went to concerts together. Of course Phil and Don were a huge part of that and we got to see them in 1959 or 1960, I just can’t remember the exact year. We were in the fourth row and the screaming made my ears ring. Younger friends, children and grandchildren just don’t understand how drab our lives were before Rock and Roll and how much it changed us. Jean’s idol was Elvis and thankfully she did get to Graceland with her husband and daughter. The first music at her funeral was Elvis singing Amazing Grace and it was very emotional.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@LizzieB Your friend is lucky to have your support. Thank you for your good wishes.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Jane the memories you shared with Jean are very precious and although you can’t see her anymore she will always be in your heart and a big piece of your life. Xxx❤️❤️❤️
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Each stage of our lives has its challenges, joys and sadnesses.. I for one still miss young Phil! but I am very happy each day to open my in box, and there you all are.. thanks EB friends, thanks for sharing xx
Post 21 • IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
So glad you have decided to stay Rosie, please dont let ignorant people's remarks upset you they are not worth it. We all love the Boys and draw such comfort and pleasure from hearing all about them.

Dear Jane so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, I know how having someone to share your memories is important.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
45224 22 22
destitute