The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Everly brothers, in Eurovision?7190

Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Had a good laugh just now, listening to Ken Bruce's second contestant on Popmaster!! He was asked to name the duo that had represented the UK in the 1961 Eurovision Song Contest...an extract was played of the song "Are You Sure?", and he answered The Everly Brothers!!!!! (He of course should have said The Allisons). There's a lot of If Only moments in life, that would have been one of them....The UK surely would have won if it had been Don and Phil!!!!
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

Forgot to add this to my previous post. The Allisons were not real brothers, although marketed as such. They came 2nd in Eurovision 1961.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Good one Liz. I usually listen to Kens show before I leave for work but I missed it today.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, Liz, as always. This was cool! The Allison Brothers were good and "Are You Sure" certainly sounded 1961-ish (obviously). Had that Buddy Holley-sound. With some good drums, lead guitar, etc. in the background, that is a winner song and, alas, what Don & Phil could have done with it...... It would have been another world-wide hit for them.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
The Alison's were/are cousins!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Great ! How long were they in show-biz?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
One of my non Everly records I bought.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Jeanroberts private msg quote post Address this user
I bought it too! Their second record was called 'Words' Nice but just a minor hit! I think the third record was called something like 'Lessons in Love'. Should have Googled this! Have a feeling one has not been alive for some time! Not sure which one! I may be wrong!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Helena private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Liz. I did like that particular song. It was definitely a song that would have suited Don and Phil remembering how perfect the Everleys were in harmony together.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
45224 9 9
destitute