The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum

Bill Kenwrights Golden Years7187

Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Well Bill certainly did us all proud this week playing Problems and Love of My Life and said you could probably do a whole series with their A & B sides he said both sides glorious. He also mentioned my name again!!! Saying these tracks would put me in heaven. They certainly did. Such a shame there is only one show left next week. Xx❤️❤️
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
Ooh er you’re famous Joy. No Diva behaviour now!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Ha ha. You can have my autograph if you like!! Xx❤️❤️
Post 3 • IP   flag post
craiglhope private msg quote post Address this user
Dear Princess Joyb,

If you could find a royal minute in your royal schedule, would you send me an autographed 8"x10" autographed picture of yourself. Thank you, Madame. Bill Kenwright sounds like a cool dude and he is correct in that The EB did have a knack for great...both...A & B sides on their 45's. etc. 1960 was the height of their career and they had hit after hit, month in and month out, that year. Huge fan base and they always put on good concerts. Everyone on the face of the earth was trying to sing / harmonize like them. Plus, can't forget the Bryant's who were in Don & Phil's corner, also. Ah.h.h, those were the days.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb
Well Bill certainly did us all proud this week playing Problems and Love of My Life and said you could probably do a whole series with their A & B sides he said both sides glorious. He also mentioned my name again!!! Saying these tracks would put me in heaven. They certainly did. Such a shame there is only one show left next week. Xx❤️❤️

He is so right. When we bought their latest record we always turned it over and played the B side. With some artists we only played the B side once but with theirs we played the B sides as much as the A sides.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Ah Craig you can have my piccy anytime it might scare you though!! Bill Kenwright is a very cool dude who plays and appreciates great music. He is a big West End entrepreneur who puts on lots of mainly musical shows. Suppose he’s too busy to be a full time dj but if he was the radio would be bursting with good music and interesting talk. Shame you can’t get his show in the States. Perhaps Jane or Liz can download it and post it for you. Sorry I don’t know how to do it for you xx❤️❤️
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Yes, Joy, I am certain that he would be a hit over here, also. The DJ's certainly had LOTS of power 'back in the day.' WIBG radio here in Philly, Alan freed in NYC, all over the country. enormous. Dick Clark being a Televison DJ, so to speak. The black disc jockeys were very good, also. Shows at The Uptown Theater in North Philadelphia with every big name star you could imagine. Then the WIBG radio ones in the Tower movie theater in 69th Street, Upper Darby in the 'burbs. Dick Clark when he was first starting out used to have Friday and Saturday night dance parties at the local High School gyms. The admission price was a buck. $1.00. As the months went by, he had duffel bags full of collar bills all piled up. His (first) wife said, "Get it out of our small apartment here, it's piling up all over. Take it to the bank or something, Dick." He invited the Bandstands kids to the ice-skating rink at his apartment in Drexelbrook close to where I live. That was a hit show, also. Those guys were good, Smart, right on top of things and go-getters, to say the least. As the demographics of the city changed and tastes changed and The Beach Boys and The British Invasion took place, he moved to California and set up his Dick Clark Productions company and settled in to make some serious, huge money in game shows. Merv Griffin, Jeopardy, Hollywood Squares, et al, and made a fortune.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Amazing times then Craig !! Xx❤️❤️
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb
Ah Craig you can have my piccy anytime it might scare you though!! Bill Kenwright is a very cool dude who plays and appreciates great music. He is a big West End entrepreneur who puts on lots of mainly musical shows. Suppose he’s too busy to be a full time dj but if he was the radio would be bursting with good music and interesting talk. Shame you can’t get his show in the States. Perhaps Jane or Liz can download it and post it for you. Sorry I don’t know how to do it for you xx❤️❤️

I don’t think he could watch it Joy as it is on the BBC iPlayer and they will block views from other countries. Our sister in Canada does have the BBC iPlayer app, I don’t know how she managed to get it - it is unusual to have it but since she and her husband are ex pats they watch BBC programmes from it all the time.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Ah thanks Jane. That’s a shame. It’s the last one next week but he usually has a show on Christmas Day about 4 pm xx❤️❤️
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Thanks for your thoughts and I would LOVE to have BBC over here. Radio has died and TV has died. used to be great, funny, dramatic, educational, informative, memorable programs all the time. I dropped my DirecTV satellite dish set-up and Comcast is bad....constantly raising rates....500 channels...all nothing, not worth $800. a year. Now, admittedly, I am probably the exception in that I am only interested in movies. Classic movies from ~ 1936 to ~ 1963. Netflix does not have anything I like. The only TV channel was the Turner Classic Movie channel because they didn't butcher the films with inane five-minutes of commercials every 12 minutes. there is only.....one....radio station in Philadelphia that is listenable from Temple University which is classical music from 6 AM to 6 PM and good, mellow, Jazz from 6 PM to 6 AM. Yes, Britain you beat us, indeed, with TV & Radio in my opinion. I used to like The Vicar of Dibley and Downton Abbey. I watched it the first time just as a lark, but then couldn't keep my eyes off of it. I fell asleep last night watching on YouTube "Green Grow the Rushes" with a 1951 Richard Burton, et al. Absolutely charming, funny, outstanding British film. "The Lady Killers," "The Lavender Hill Mob," "The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Runner," et al. There are some good French and italian films, also, with sub-titles I'm addicted to, also.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
MeFloody private msg quote post Address this user
I have complained about British television but on our travels, all the country we visited have far worse programmes than the UK. One country, which shall remain nameless, had almost every channel filled with panels of models(male and female)talking endless dribble about their politician's; as if anyone cared
Post 12 • IP   flag post
You are 1000% correct, dear friend. Britain is the best....period. The rest of "us" have mindless 'reality,' shows, which are rehearsed, very depressing news shows, blah, blah, blah. I'll take your BBC any day. Forgot to mention "A Taste of Honey" with Rita Tushingham from 1961....another winner IMHO.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Ooh I’ll bring the popcorn Craig
Xx❤️❤️
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Really peeved that I have missed almost the whole of Red Dwarf VII on Dave while we have been on holiday Oh well, bound to be repeated,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again and again
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Dave Lister , 3 million years in the future , holograms , I think it may have aired over here on some PBS (Public Broadcasting Stations) which is the only way we can get the British goodies. I don't know anything from anything, but IMHO, whoever is the winner with AI (Artificial Intelligence) (Alphabet-Google, IBM, Apple, our CIA (gulp!), China, will rule the world. Incredible from some of the things I read about.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry I haven't been on site for a while I have been very busy. Then our grandson's 7th birthday and I made his cake too. Then I got hit with a bad virus of which I am about half way through it. It's not welcome anymore it needs to go now!!!
Oh Craig hubby and I love The Lady Killers and the Lavender Hill Mob.
A few hundred yards from where I work is a popcorn factory and when we leave to go home time it is such a strong smell. I say regularly pick your film the popcorn is ready. Sales have risen and they have taken on more staff which for once is a good sign.
I will have to play catch up over the weekend. My PC comes back from the repair shop tomorrow which is only one thing that as stressed us out.
I can see there are some great threads posted.
I don't have much of a voice at the moment so films are always good. I have just watched a late one tonight don't know the title though.
My notifications have been intermittent so that hasn't helped this week. It as been one thing after Another!!!😷😭🙃😹🎸
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Chris, Get well, try to stay healthy....always 'bugs' going around. I rarely get colds and I do get flu shots. My doctor says that I never have really had the flu, praise the Lord, because if I did, i would feel absolutely horrible. You lay in bed for a week under a blanket and suffer. Hurts to cough, no energy, hot, cold, etc.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Ah sorry to hear that Chris. Hope you will soon be back on form. A good dose of Don and Phil should do the trick xx❤️❤️
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Chris, I think you and I need to get back to the sunshine of California 😎
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Indeed, MeFloody, San Diego and Santa Barbara are weather paradises. Lay on the warm beaches and let the warmth bake all of one's troubles out. The squawks of the sea gulls, the sound of the surf.....sunny and uplifting. Unlike the gloomy, gray, chill, gets dark at 5 PM, Northeast U.S. weather. Ha, here it is the middle of November and I'm counting the weeks 'til April when the birds start chirping again.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
Sounds idyllic but can’t complain I’m off to Barbados on 3 December to celebrate mine and my husbands birthdays. Yippee. A very generous birthday and Christmas gift from our 3 beautiful daughters. We are so very lucky. I’ve written my Christmas cards done the cakes and bought most of the presents. Never been so well organised. Shows what you can do when you set your mind to it xx❤️❤️
Post 22 • IP   flag post
That's wonderful. Joy! Barbados was spared the recent storms down there. Enjoy!
Post 23 • IP   flag post
ChrisW private msg quote post Address this user
Oh Joy that sounds wonderful I am sure you will have the best of times. Craig your weather sounds like ours in the UK.
Mike I would love to feel the warmth back on my face and just let the San Francisco tempo wash over me. Instead my sinuses are blocked I can't smell,taste or hear. My sore chest is making my voice sound like a sci-fi character!!
I am looking forward to meeting up with an Everly friend in a few weeks it will be our third catch up. No need to tell you what we talk about!!!
Get me in your luggage Joy? 😎😆
Post 24 • IP   flag post
Everyone who has ever lived the the Phila. area has, or will have, clogged sinuses ! People who have moved away all say the same thing. "Wow, I can breathe again!" My aunt and uncle moved to Phoenix, Arizona, clear, dry air, sunshine 361 days out of 365 days a year. Then again, in the Summertime (!), no one goes out. 110 is 110, dry or moist. Taking an afternoon siesta isn't lazy, it's smart, they said.
Post 25 • IP   flag post
With pleasure Chris then we could talk all things Everly from dawn to dusk whilst sipping a rum punch or two!! Xx❤️😍❤️
Post 26 • IP   flag post
I’m catching up on here too, not because of illness like you Chris just busy with various jobs. All this talk of sunshine holidays is making me very envious. Son and d-i-l are off to Florida later today. California is wonderful, San Diego is somewhere we would like to return to and up the coast from there to San Francisco is wonderful to drive along. Palm Springs is our very favourite place in California. Barbados sounds wonderful Joy, we were there in 1990 for a short visit as part of a Caribbean cruise we had for our 25th anniversary.

Back to BBC programmes, I have been told you can access them by using a proxy server. The easiest way to do this is to pay a monthly subscription which is what our sister and. B-I-L do. With that and Netflix they get decent tv to watch.

This is an example: https://www.my-expat-network.com/watch-bbc-iplayer-abroad?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bbc&gclid=CjwKCAiA9MTQBRAREiwAzmytwzwH_EsyDrQCeOKUCGHa4-vPJnsEgevTi1rQOoTKMKzZzA31lz_7DBoC72wQAvD_BwE

When I win the lottery and retire to Palm Springs I will bear it in mind.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Ha ha you can but dream Janexx❤️❤️
Post 28 • IP   flag post
45224 28 28
destitute