The Everly Brothers Fan Forum logo
Everly Brothers Forum
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user

Thanks to Bill Kenwright for playing this heart-wrenching , beautiful ballad last night on his radio 2 show.
He has now redeemed himself for not playing an Everly Brothers record last week!
Listen, and swoon.....
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Helena private msg quote post Address this user
Song tears at the heart strings Liz. Thank you x x x
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Brendach46 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes I heard this, last week I was disappointed not hear Don and Phil especially as he says he is such a fan.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Joyb private msg quote post Address this user
Wehey it does work writing to the BBC I emailed Bill Kenwright on 28 Oct telling him how our group were so looking forward to his shows as we knew he was a big fan of Don & Phil and that Tony Blackburn had played Love Her by the Walker Bros but that The Everlys version was recorded first and much much better!! Not had chance to listen yet but have got it recorded. I’ll have to email again and thank him Thanks for posting this beautiful song liz xx❤️❤️
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Whey indeed x x z
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Wehey hey. I’ve just listened to Bill Kenwrights show and he actually mentions my name and me writing to him. Fame !! Hope it doesn’t go to my head. So get emailing him and we might get some more plays. I have emailed him back to thank him for making my day xx❤️❤️
Post 6 • IP   flag post
See what you get when you ask Joy. X x x
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Very well done Joy, what a result. Such a beautiful song brings a lump to the throat.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Jane43 private msg quote post Address this user
I just listened to the first part of his programme, well done on getting that played Joy. It just goes to show he does read his emails not some ‘minion’. I’m going to email him too and ask him to play Empty Boxes which is one of my very favourites from the boys.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
How did you contact him Joy?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
By email bill.kenwright@bbc.co.uk I used same one for Tony Blackburn just changing the name Good luck I emailed him to say thank you and added my favourite was Let it be me which he played a few years ago and said it was the most perfect song. Which we all agree with then I added I also loved Devoted to you A change of heart. And Phils recording of the Air That I Breathe. Hope I didn’t go too far !! But strike whilst the iron is hot hey xx ❤️❤️
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Liz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Well done Joy, i hadn't listened properly to all the programme. I've now done that, and heard all Bill's comments. As Jane has said, at least it shows he reads his own emails.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Can anyone tell me what time the radio 2 show starts
Post 13 • IP   flag post
It’s on radio 2 at 10 pm on a Tuesday. Sadly there are only 2 more weeks to go but he usually has a show on Christmas Day. I record it on sky and then I can listen or relisten if Don and Phil are on it xx ❤️❤️
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Thanks Joy x x x
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Annmary private msg quote post Address this user
Thought you might like this. Just for you Jane.

Post 16 • IP   flag post
Thank you Annmary, Perfect in every way. ❤️
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Thank you Annmary so beautiful. Perfect harmony xx❤️❤️
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Don and Phil sound divine on this one Annmary x x x Thank you.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
44985 19 19
destitute